Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Advanced Programming | Pass parameters to main SC/BW draw text function

AuthorMessageTime
LuMiNuS
I've located the main SC/BW(1.10) draw text function but i'm having some difficulties on how to/and which parameters to pass to it so that i can display my text like minerals count.Anyone can help?
July 14, 2003, 3:21 AM
TheMinistered
Are you referring to the function that is used to draw player messages?
July 14, 2003, 3:47 PM
LuMiNuS
No
July 14, 2003, 5:30 PM
nickolay
hes refering to Storm.#501
July 15, 2003, 4:21 PM
TheMinistered
I *think* STORM_501 is documented by my brother as: DWORD __stdcall SStrCpy(char *lpDestination,char *lpSource,DWORD dwMaxLength)
July 15, 2003, 5:20 PM
St0rm.iD
We should all get together and map storm.dll
July 15, 2003, 7:45 PM
Skywing
[quote author=St0rm.iD link=board=23;threadid=1903;start=0#msg14906 date=1058298355]
We should all get together and map storm.dll
[/quote]
That has, for the most part, already been done.
July 15, 2003, 10:41 PM
LuMiNuS
[quote author=TheMinistered link=board=23;threadid=1903;start=0#msg14895 date=1058289639]
I *think* STORM_501 is documented by my brother as: DWORD __stdcall SStrCpy(char *lpDestination,char *lpSource,DWORD dwMaxLength)
[/quote]
From a quick lood to IDA,he maybe right.But *lpDestination where should point to??(prolly screen, but how..)
July 15, 2003, 11:25 PM
indulgence
Or you could try by debugging and tracing... Then you can have pride that you found it yourself - because I doubt anyone is going to hand you that information
July 16, 2003, 12:58 PM
Adron
Note that as this topic drifts towards things that have been done and discussed before, it's also drifting off topic for this forum...

However, if you want to collaborate and make a public map of storm, go ahead. It's one of those things that could be good to have.

Start by agreeing on a format for how you are going to document it. Think about how you will merge contributions smoothly. Try to import existing collections of information. Then start adding pieces - if you get it going good you're sure to pick up more helpers on the way.

And if it turns out good I'm sure someone will host it and extend it to documenting other programs.

July 16, 2003, 1:55 PM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=Adron link=board=23;threadid=1903;start=0#msg14981 date=1058363719]
Note that as this topic drifts towards things that have been done and discussed before, it's also drifting off topic for this forum...

However, if you want to collaborate and make a public map of storm, go ahead. It's one of those things that could be good to have.

Start by agreeing on a format for how you are going to document it. Think about how you will merge contributions smoothly. Try to import existing collections of information. Then start adding pieces - if you get it going good you're sure to pick up more helpers on the way.

And if it turns out good I'm sure someone will host it and extend it to documenting other programs.

[/quote]

That's what I'm trying to do.
July 17, 2003, 2:44 PM
LuMiNuS
Anyway...displaying text like minerals is more difficult than i thought.Seems like there a seperate Label(or something) for mins/gas/supply(including the icons).Any attemption to display the text of minerals/gas/supply outside that Label will make the text that is displayed outside the Label to flicker.
July 18, 2003, 3:42 AM

Search