Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | VB6 Problems

AuthorMessageTime
Pentium
I'm having errors opening VB6 projects. It worked fine before I had to reinstall it because of reformating. When I try to open a project it says: Error: 'Object Library Not Registered', 'Continue Loading Project?' and it says that two times. I noticed Microsoft RichTextBox was not enabled in components, and CleanSlate also for that project. When I try to add them it comes up with the same. Error: 'Object Library Not Registered'. Am I doing somthing wrong?

EDIT:
This only happens with battle.net bot projects
July 13, 2003, 8:10 PM
Grok
You are probably installing the Learning Edition of VB6.
July 13, 2003, 8:16 PM
Pentium
No, it worked fine before and the startup screen is Visual Basic 6 Enterprise Edition
July 13, 2003, 8:24 PM
drivehappy
Try opening your command prompt in and typing: "regsvr32 richtx32.ocx"
July 13, 2003, 11:41 PM
Pentium
this really messed up my day :P someone has to know the problem
July 14, 2003, 3:54 AM
Pentium
ok found the problem. When it says 'Object Not Registered' it means that the richtextbox isn't registered. I register it, but it still comes up. I managed to register the csb ocx files but without the richtextbox control that won't help :-\
July 14, 2003, 4:45 AM
Camel
Check if you're referencing all of the dlls/ocxes you need in components/references.
July 14, 2003, 4:58 AM
Pentium
No i don't see cleanslate or richtext in references unless they have a fancy name that don't have those words in them :-\ how can I add a reference to them if able to do so?
July 14, 2003, 5:07 AM
Grok
Components such as CleanSlate will be listed in the Components list.

DLLs and type libraries will be listed in References.

If a component OR reference is not listed, but you KNOW the file is on your hard drive, you can click the Browse button on the components or references dialog box and use it to find the file yourself. As soon as you do, VB will register the component or library for you, and check the box as well.
July 14, 2003, 4:30 PM
Pentium
which library would richtextbox components be in?
July 14, 2003, 8:56 PM
drivehappy
richtxt32.ocx :-\
July 14, 2003, 9:29 PM
Pentium
*librarys* dlls and w/e the other thing is only. no ocx. anyway I tried that already doesn't work
July 14, 2003, 9:34 PM
Grok
[quote author=Pentium link=board=5;threadid=1897;start=0#msg14813 date=1058216185]
which library would richtextbox components be in?
[/quote]

Dude just ZIP your project (VBP) any forms (FRM), modules (BAS) classes (CLS) into one zip file and email me the file or a link to the file. I'll tell you what's wrong.

OR you can start by giving us decent information on what your error conditions are. You are simply saying there are errors, with little to no explanation.
July 14, 2003, 10:03 PM
Pentium
.. All that it is telling me is 'Object Library Not Registered' and thats the only error thats coming up. Thats all that it tells me. I don't see how I can give 'detailed information' about it except that, When I load the project ,being a battle.net bot source (lets say a cleanslatebot in this situation), it gives me that error. When I try and register a component, same error. I add a library, try and register it again, same error. Any more description that you need?

Also, I can't compile or run the project. I can't find what exactly the error may be talking about because it will not allow me to view any forms of the project. If I try the program will simply close.
July 14, 2003, 10:11 PM
Grok
Do you have the source code or not? If you have the source, zip it and give me a URL.

If you don't have the source, get the hell off the programming forum.
July 14, 2003, 11:58 PM
Camel
+1 to Grok for losing his temper. :D
July 15, 2003, 1:00 AM

Search