Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Guild Wars -- from Arena.Net

AuthorMessageTime
Grok

http://www.guildwars.com/

Conversation open.
July 12, 2003, 11:37 PM
Eibro
The graphics certainly don't look as impressive as World of Warcraft.
July 12, 2003, 11:52 PM
TheMinistered
The first free MMORPG that I've ever seen!
[quote]
And most importantly, there will be no monthly fee for Guild Wars in North America. In other areas of world, fee structures will be developed to best suit those specific customers, taking advantage of NCsoft’s existing and growing infrastructure.
[/quote]
July 12, 2003, 11:57 PM
Invert
I have been following the game development and from what I know I will be more than happy to fork over some money for such a great game. Graphics are not everything, a good example of that is UO. This game has decent graphics considering it is still in Alpha form.
July 13, 2003, 12:50 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=Eibro]
The graphics certainly don't look as impressive as World of Warcraft.
[quote][/quote]
Not as good as world of warcraft, but the graphics certainly aren't bad.

A good MMORPG (though only first month is free) is planetside, still pretty new, graphics are pretty good. There's something about MMORPG's that make them more fun...
July 13, 2003, 11:45 AM
Noodlez
Planetside is an MMOFPS, and I would rather watch the cooking channel then play planetside... it is the most repetitive game ever. I was a beta tester, at first I loved it, a month into it I was just like "holy shit, i'm just doing the same thing i did for the past 30 days!" and stopped
July 16, 2003, 1:47 PM
iago
[quote author=Noodlez link=board=2;threadid=1887;start=0#msg14979 date=1058363230]
Planetside is an MMOFPS, and I would rather watch the cooking channel then play planetside... it is the most repetitive game ever. I was a beta tester, at first I loved it, a month into it I was just like "holy shit, i'm just doing the same thing i did for the past 30 days!" and stopped
[/quote]

30 days is an awfully long time to be doing the same thing without noticing :-P
July 16, 2003, 2:43 PM
Grok
Guild Wars describes itself as a game where you don't only get rewarded for repeatedly doing the same thing over, where you can do interesting things right away, without having to build a large character, and most importantly, where decisions you make on character development don't ruin your character for future gameplay.

Go read their website for more information. It looks like it will be fun for everyone.
July 16, 2003, 3:52 PM

Search