Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | icons

AuthorMessageTime
WiLD
i was wondering how i would go about doing ipbanning. i tryed if icon_squelch then cleanslatebot2.send blah blah blah

but that doesnt work how can i make this work, like if the icon is something it does something.
July 9, 2003, 3:14 AM
Eternal
I believe the only way you can IP ban is through squelching first...there is no other way of getting an IP address (unless in a game I think?)
July 9, 2003, 9:31 AM
WiLD
yes i no that, mayb my question wasnt clear:
how would i do ipban?
i no it has to be something like if icon_squelch = true then
cleanslatebot2.send .......

but it doesnt work could you please help
July 9, 2003, 1:07 PM
Eternal
You would check the users Flags. If they return the Squelch flag, then you would send your cleanslatebot2.send "/ban " & strUser command. I haven't really studied CSB, but I would expect there to be an event for returning a Flag.

I can't remember the flag for squelch, is it 20? <waits for someone who knows to help him out>
July 9, 2003, 1:45 PM
______
put this on your join command
[code]
If flags = &H20 Then
cleanslatebot2.send "/ban " & username & " Ban Evasion Detected"
endif
[/code]
July 9, 2003, 2:08 PM
WiLD
isnt &H20 for hashes?
July 9, 2003, 3:05 PM
Eternal
Looks like it was 20...
July 9, 2003, 3:20 PM
Spht
[quote author=______ link=board=17;threadid=1838;start=0#msg14260 date=1057759735]
put this on your join command
[code]
If flags = &H20 Then
cleanslatebot2.send "/ban " & username & " Ban Evasion Detected"
endif
[/code]
[/quote]

Note that would fail if the user has "plug" (0x10). You should be doing a bitmask comparison for this type of thing. Example:

[code]If (flags and &H20) Then[/code]
July 9, 2003, 3:38 PM
Eternal
Certainly a good idea.
btw Spht, I am still resisting the temptation to claim that EternalChat is a product of mine...it amuses me everytime someone asks. ;D Nice bot though...I'd be proud to say I coded it.
Maybe I could get the licence from you when you are old and bored ;)
July 9, 2003, 3:50 PM

Search