Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Programming

AuthorMessageTime
Slob
Hey, I Just Wanted To Know If Any Of You KNow A Site Where I Can Learn How 2 Program. Or If Its Not 2 Mutch Trouble Some One 2 Guide Me Into Becoming a Programmmer. Im Not Stupid, And I Learn Fast. I Just Really Like Programming And Will Do Anything To Become A Programmer. Thank You.
July 8, 2003, 8:01 AM
iago
First, you will have to learn how to spell "to," especially if you're using Visual Basic.

If you learn well by example, I would recommend www.pscode.com, lots of good stuff there.

Otherwise, get a book like "Learn C++ in 21 Days" or "C++ For Dummies" and "More C++ For Dummies"
July 8, 2003, 11:54 AM
Zakath
Also, learn the significance of capitalization. You Capitalize The First Letter Of Words That Either Come At The Beginning Of A Sentence, Or Are Proper Nouns.

Your post was painful to read.
July 8, 2003, 12:23 PM
Slob
Okay, Thank You iago. One more thing witch one should i lern first? VB or C++? And sorry about the mistakes with the writing im used to typing crazy like that.
July 8, 2003, 12:24 PM
iago
Zak - I just assumed his entire post was a title :)

Slob - From what I've seen of you, Visual Basic would probably be a good first step. Go "buy" Visual Studios 6 (I won't promote piracy) and get a book on VB and play around with it.
July 8, 2003, 7:58 PM
j0k3r
Some points on your spelling... it's "which" and "learn" not "witch" and "lern".

Spelling is very important in programming, and as iago said, VB is a good first step.
July 8, 2003, 8:53 PM
JoeCool
:)
Your wierd... get a book
July 8, 2003, 11:04 PM
Grok
How did AOL users find our forums?

Should I block their IPs?
July 9, 2003, 10:39 AM
JoeCool
if your talkin bout me with AOL.... i dont have AOL, i only dled AIM....... cause some of my friends had it.. ;)
July 9, 2003, 5:11 PM
iago
*Notes that I have an aim icon below my name on the forum...

And yes, you should ban the entire AOL Ip Range :)
July 9, 2003, 8:33 PM
JoeCool
um............................ you could... always download some stuff on vb off of KaZaa, i did.. 2 of em, 480 pages :o so i ended up not reading em cause i hate reading :) but.. if u have kazaa search tutorials off visual basic on it
July 9, 2003, 8:42 PM
Kp
[quote author=Grok link=board=5;threadid=1833;start=0#msg14253 date=1057747185]How did AOL users find our forums?
Should I block their IPs?[/quote]This guy is resurrecting ancient threads with posts that're barely of value if they were timely - and none now that the original thread is long dead. I say ban him.
July 9, 2003, 9:15 PM
Grok
[quote author=Kp link=board=5;threadid=1833;start=0#msg14334 date=1057785327]
[quote author=Grok link=board=5;threadid=1833;start=0#msg14253 date=1057747185]How did AOL users find our forums?
Should I block their IPs?[/quote]This guy is resurrecting ancient threads with posts that're barely of value if they were timely - and none now that the original thread is long dead. I say ban him.
[/quote]

That's all I need. JoeCool is banned.

Btw, I wasn't talking about him on AOL. It was Slob, the original poster. Everything about his post is AOL.
July 10, 2003, 2:38 PM
Slob
Im not from aol. I been on bnet for 2 years. I have not been on because at the moment im just really dedicated to programming.
July 12, 2003, 3:28 PM
DarkMod
Hey, I don't know about you guys, but if Slob is really dedicated to programming (despite his grammar), I applaud him for it. There are a lot of people out there who just want to 'copy n' paste' code and say they are programmers, and if Slob wants to actually get a book and read it, then we shouldn't flame him for it. :)
July 12, 2003, 4:42 PM
Moonshine
[quote author=DarkMod link=board=5;threadid=1833;start=0#msg14589 date=1058028159]
Hey, I don't know about you guys, but if Slob is really dedicated to programming (despite his grammer), I applaud him for it. There are a lot of people out there who just want to 'copy n' paste' code and say they are programmers, and if Slob wants to actually get a book and read it, then we shouldn't flame him for it. :)
[/quote]

It's spelled grammar, but I give you an 'A' in effort for trying to make your post error free. And yes, that was a pun.
July 12, 2003, 11:32 PM

Search