Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Warcraft | WoW Remote Guild Chat Bot

AuthorMessageTime
Intangir
anyone else interested in making a wow remote guild chat bot?

i want to make one that can manage guild features/information
like member info, voting, group making, etc

i wonder if anyone else has started working on this? im trying to setup a way to capture packets for the wow remote app on my android, no luck yet

i was also wondering if anyone has heard if they will make a web based version (so far they seem to only have an iphone, and android version instead)

this would be an ideal botting platform to interface with your wow guild if we can reverse it or tap in somewhere..
April 27, 2011, 6:37 PM
Myndfyr
Before JinxBot was for Battle.net, it was for WoW.  I had it working from 1.4 to 1.15 (IIRC), but after 1.11 I couldn't get Warden to work, so it kicked me off after ignoring it for 3 minutes.  It was pretty cool... it could read the .DBC files and display linked items, etc.

I could probably do Warden at this point but I don't have time.  I'm getting married this weekend, I'd rather play Starcraft 2, I have my full time job + contract work... 
April 27, 2011, 6:47 PM
Sixen
I doubt they'll put it on the website.[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=18277.msg185169#msg185169 date=1303930078]
Before JinxBot was for Battle.net, it was for WoW.  I had it working from 1.4 to 1.15 (IIRC), but after 1.11 I couldn't get Warden to work, so it kicked me off after ignoring it for 3 minutes.  It was pretty cool... it could read the .DBC files and display linked items, etc.

I could probably do Warden at this point but I don't have time.  I'm getting married this weekend, I'd rather play Starcraft 2, I have my full time job + contract work... 
[/quote]
I remember JB for WoW, that was so awesome, :P. And congrats again~
April 27, 2011, 9:12 PM
Intangir
well i managed to get the wow remote app onto an android live CD booted environment, running on a virtual box

so i could dump its packets, it looks like alot of plain text, probably easily reversable

i also found out you can totally decompile the source for android apps into java ;)

so im going to do that tonight, this looks like it will go easily enough so far

no warden either
April 28, 2011, 8:50 PM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=Intangir link=topic=18277.msg185172#msg185172 date=1304023856]
well i managed to get the wow remote app onto an android live CD booted environment, running on a virtual box

so i could dump its packets, it looks like alot of plain text, probably easily reversable

i also found out you can totally decompile the source for android apps into java ;)

no warden either

[/quote]

I can imagine they just used XML or JSON. I don't know that they'd feel the need to encrypt the protocol at all, since it can't control toons or play the game.
May 1, 2011, 8:47 PM
Sixen
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=18277.msg185183#msg185183 date=1304282866]
[quote author=Intangir link=topic=18277.msg185172#msg185172 date=1304023856]

no warden either

[/quote]

I can imagine they just used XML or JSON. I don't know that they'd feel the need to encrypt the protocol at all, since it can't control toons or play the game.
[/quote]
Actually yeah, that is a good point. It is essentially, CHAT for WoW. When you login to the game with it, it shows your character as being in a "Remote Location."

EDIT: Intangir, any chance you can post the packetlog? I'd like to check it out. Essentially, we can make an actual WoW Chat Bot. The only reason why we can't communicate with other people through whispers and stuff is just because the UI doesn't allow for it... I believe.
May 2, 2011, 5:08 PM
SNiFFeR
I'm also interested in this and would like to check out the packet log.
May 11, 2011, 5:19 PM
Sixen
Yay? Nay?
May 28, 2011, 8:40 PM

Search