Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | ICCup Version Hash - Funky....

AuthorMessageTime
rabbit
ver-ix86-1.mpq
A=2521522835 B=3428392135 C=218673704 4 A=A^S B=B-C C=C+A A=A-B
Those are constant.  Hashed files are Brood War's 1.16.1.1 set.  Every bot I've tested gets a different hash result than StarCraft.  SC gets the same result with or without the loader, and is the same every time: 2d 37 85 0a.
StealthBot 2.6r3 gets hash result 13 93 da 60 with BNCSUtil 1.3.1.1
MirageBot 9.4 gets hash result 5b fd 3a 73 with BNCSUtil 1.3.1.1 + CheckRevision.dll 1.0.0.8
Genesis 1.9.5 gets hash result 2d 37 85 0a with BNCSUtil 1.3.1.1 (the correct value)

These results are constant per bot, and I'm trying more bots out now.
March 21, 2010, 3:50 AM
rabbit
Hdx helped me with this.  He pretty much figured it out alone: the hashing libraries used can't handle the large values (they are going negative!) so the hash fails.
March 21, 2010, 9:08 PM
xpeh
Didn't hdx skreamed like butt hurt, as he read word "pvpgn"? Strange.

Actually, iccup is pvpgn mod and should use official pvpgn versioncheck, so i wonder why is this get out olny on iccup.

P.S. Don't test anything on iccup - it is even more retarded as pvpgn since they made lost of patches to it - and some of them were retarded.
March 24, 2010, 11:52 PM
rabbit
<-- iCCup.tofucake

Anyway, it was caused by too high values in version string.  And actually, ICCup is a lot better than standard PvPGN.
March 25, 2010, 12:33 AM
xpeh
Better for users? But it's programming is even more horrible.

I can remember i could connect to iccup with Stealth Bot, and couldn't do it to another server, which uses original pvpgn. I looked in the captures over and over again, i have thought about world conspiracy. It was much easier - the bot has old verbyte hardcoded. Original pvpgn denied it, and iccup for some reasons not. unk's explanation was "Hm, we have probably deleted it somewhen".

So i dont recommend testing anything on iccup, unless you want to tear out hair from your ass.
March 25, 2010, 12:58 PM
xpeh
Oh yeah, i've recollected. Have iccup already patched this http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=12173&group_id=2291 ?
Fixed at 2007-Nov-10 12:17.

Just take any game name from the game list, then copy its name and create a game with same name. Then type /p. If you see people other than you while you are alone in the game, congratulation, you have used this bug. Your game will not in the game list, so nobody will join you and you can wait forever.

I reported this bug several times to iccup team, no reaction followed.
March 28, 2010, 7:07 AM
rabbit
A) You've never seen ICCup's code, so shut the hell up about knowing it's "even more horrible".
B) The verbyte thing was fixed a long time ago.
C) unk doesn't work on the server software, so why are you talking to him about it?  Talk to x64 or InGhost.
D) No, they haven't fixed that, but nobody is raising any fuss about it so it's not exactly a high priority bug fix.

So basically, you just don't like ICCup.  You said not to test on ICCup unless you want to "tear out hair from your ass" when the only problem with it that still exists is game name overlaps, which, let's face it, hardly any bot developer cares about.

Oh, and PS: the value string was changed, so everything works now.
March 28, 2010, 5:28 PM
rabbit
PPS: locked
March 28, 2010, 5:29 PM

Search