Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | PvPGN Invitation

AuthorMessageTime
MusicDemon
[center][img]http://pelish.spfree.net/Themes/helios/images/pvpgn600x85.png[/img][/center]
Hello reader!

This is an official invitation to the C/C++ writing programmers of vL!

I'm assigned as the official representative of PvPGN to ask you, from vL, to help us getting PvPGN better!
As for now we're not making real progress in making it better, that's the main reason of this invitation.
We really hope that the real programmers can help us getting PvPGN better than it is right now! Better than our - old - beta 1.99! (PvPGN 2.0 is already in use.)

The very main problems we got now;
[list]
[*]Tournament results aren't recorded.
[*]Ads Banners aren't displayed.
[*][url=http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?group_id=2291][color=red]Get the whole list.[/color]
[/list]

Possible new features;
[list]
[*]Custom CD Key system. (For the real hardcore PvPGN players.)
[/list]

This is our list, for now.

Feel free to ask questions and suggestions under here.
We hope we'll get some powerful and helpful people to our project!

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative

[size=1]P.S.: Banner is link to PvPGN forums.[/size]
November 11, 2009, 11:07 AM
Imperceptus
too bad im horrible at starcraft, this sounds like fun.
November 12, 2009, 8:40 PM
MusicDemon
PvPGN is for a lot of games!

Diablo II
Warcraft III
Starcraft

And a few Command & Conquer versions!:D

We hope you are able to help us getting PvPGN better than it is!

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative
November 12, 2009, 8:43 PM
Imperceptus
Is D2 realm side on your servers?
November 12, 2009, 9:01 PM
MusicDemon
I personally don't use D2, sorry. Plus, D2GS is not a included part of PvPGN.

Maybe; sometimes people encounter problems with it... If you really know much about it, then you could support it at our site. :D http://pelish.spfree.net/

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative
November 13, 2009, 10:37 AM
Imperceptus
How does helping you with this differ from the BnetD project?
November 16, 2009, 4:07 PM
MusicDemon
We are the continued version of BNetD. We've already changed a lot from the old BNetD. Though we are, we still didn't solved some problems. Therefore we ask your help with solving these bugs/problems.

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative
November 16, 2009, 4:37 PM
Imperceptus
how do plan on not getting slammed by blizzard this time?
November 17, 2009, 6:55 PM
MusicDemon
As far as I know we've never been. How do you else explain why we're still alive ;)?

I've been informed that because we're from Europe that we're, in some form, "unslammable".
But, are you saying that you want to spent time helping us or are you just looking who/what we are?

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative
November 17, 2009, 8:21 PM
Imperceptus
Ive I wasn't self consumed with my programming at work yeah I would offer some help, but another thing to consider is any code that I get around has a tendency to explode. You can verify with myndfyre, Im bad luck. lol
November 17, 2009, 9:42 PM
MusicDemon
I personally don't like to ask people in private, since it's an open place. So, if you are able to get people to either this post or our website, we'd be thankful.

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative
November 17, 2009, 9:44 PM
Imperceptus
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. And no we are not salting the oats.
November 18, 2009, 5:59 PM
rabbit
You should talk to InGhost and x64 over at ICCup.  Our server is highly customized.  And Ads work.  Tournament results are saved well enough (though I'm not entirely sure of how tournaments are done, since I'm not a Tournament Admin).  They don't have much spare time (none of us do), but they may be able to offer some tips.

@Imperceptus: Blizzard has never done anything to ICCup, SC2GG or other big private servers, nor to PvPGN.  Honestly, there's little to worry about.
November 19, 2009, 3:30 PM
MusicDemon
Shakar, main administrator at EuroBattle.Net offered to help, though, it was just very little he gave.
I assume you've got some kind of high rank there, could you point me to the inportant persons there? (Forum)

[quote author=rabbit link=topic=18111.msg183723#msg183723 date=1258644608]
@Imperceptus: Blizzard has never done anything to ICCup, SC2GG or other big private servers, nor to PvPGN.  Honestly, there's little to worry about.
[/quote]BOOM! We got closed! (Nah joke)
November 19, 2009, 5:42 PM
rabbit
[quote author=MusicDemon link=topic=18111.msg183731#msg183731 date=1258652568]
Shakar, main administrator at EuroBattle.Net offered to help, though, it was just very little he gave.
I assume you've got some kind of high rank there, could you point me to the inportant persons there? (Forum)

[/quote]BOOM! We got closed! (Nah joke)
[/quote]I'm the QA developer admin iCCup.tofucake.  For help with programming, I'd normally be willing, but I've got a lot on my plate right now.  ICCup.InGhost and x64 are the ones who do work on the server itself.  It used to be PvPGN, but over the past 5 years it's been so heavily modified that I doubt anyone would recognize it as such.
November 19, 2009, 9:00 PM
MusicDemon
If these modifications can really help us, then I'm gain. Do you want me to create an account there and talk to them?

Or are you able to get them to the PvPGN forums? (a)
November 19, 2009, 9:06 PM
rabbit
[quote author=MusicDemon link=topic=18111.msg183737#msg183737 date=1258664797]
If these modifications can really help us, then I'm gain. Do you want me to create an account there and talk to them?

Or are you able to get them to the PvPGN forums? (a)
[/quote]I don't actually interact with them much, since I'm in America and they are in Russia.  It'd be easiest for you to create an account on ICCup and send them a PM.  But also note that they aren't going to just give you the source to our server, but they may be willing to help you with some times.
November 19, 2009, 9:13 PM
MusicDemon
I see. OK, I will. Thanks :D

For those who read this for the first time:
The places are still open to help us getting PvPGN better!

Feel free to visit us at our forums.

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative
November 19, 2009, 9:22 PM
xpeh
I'm the QA developer admin iCCup.tofucake.  For help with programming, I'd normally be willing, but I've got a lot on my plate right now.  ICCup.InGhost and x64 are the ones who do work on the server itself.  It used to be PvPGN, but over the past 5 years it's been so heavily modified that I doubt anyone would recognize it as such.
[/quote]
So would you ask them, if and when they fucking patch the fucking game merge bug? I am already tired.
December 14, 2009, 2:01 AM
rabbit
Bring it up in the technical forum then :|
December 14, 2009, 3:48 AM
xpeh
You mean iccup tech forums? Already did it, also i contacted developers several times.
December 15, 2009, 3:21 PM

Search