Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Warcraft | Game pause packets

AuthorMessageTime
Morfi
Hi,

sorry for unprofessional question.
I would like to add observer pause to very popular GHost.

However due the lack of knowledge I don't how to capture and/or separate obs pause packets.
And obviously afterwards implement them.

on codelain my topic stays active for over month, people are active but in fact business isn't finished yet.

thanks in advance for your help and attention
October 31, 2009, 12:03 PM
Krauzi
*bump*
im also very interested in this...
November 4, 2009, 4:00 PM
Imperceptus
do you know how to capture packets?
November 10, 2009, 6:49 PM
Morfi
[quote author=Imperceptus link=topic=18104.msg183675#msg183675 date=1257878965]
do you know how to capture packets?
[/quote]

I tried to do this, however there are so many packets incoming/outgoing that I didn't know which is the one I'm looking for.

However, Varlock found and published this website:
http://w3g.deepnode.de/

in their documentation is everything I needed ;)
November 11, 2009, 3:43 PM
Imperceptus
I would strongly recommend you familiarize yourself with using Wireshark and filtering packets. you will come to places in your code where its best to reference your packets as well as documentation.  my experience is that usually what im looking for isn't documented, so i must figure out the packet on my own.
November 11, 2009, 5:22 PM
Morfi
[quote author=Imperceptus link=topic=18104.msg183680#msg183680 date=1257960170]
I would strongly recommend you familiarize yourself with using Wireshark and filtering packets. you will come to places in your code where its best to reference your packets as well as documentation.  my experience is that usually what im looking for isn't documented, so i must figure out the packet on my own.
[/quote]

I would really like to. I'm nor familiar with this. I'm fed up with rtfm, rtfm only theory and theory reading tons of text.

It's much better when someone (a person) can follow, help, instruct.

I used wireshark but as I said. I didn't know what is what
November 12, 2009, 9:40 AM
Imperceptus
Wireshark comes with examples on how to start, its on the opening screen.  also I understand how it can be to want help. but Help here mainly comes from heuristic methods.  Most of the people here could easily tell you, but would rather show you the way to figure it out yourself so you can learn how to accomplish similar objectives in the future. 

For wireshark filtering packets, if you wanted to filter starcraft tcp packets i think you could use tcp.port == 6112. 
November 12, 2009, 8:18 PM
Morfi
I know pal, I know..

Anyway I did use the wireshark weeks ago, added the filter as well but still.
When it was 3x3 game.
I was the referee, I pushed pause button and then I saw ~30 packets and how can I know which one is exactly the one which paused the game?
November 12, 2009, 10:48 PM
Imperceptus
I think game packets are UDP (I dont know for sure) but, what I would do Is go hit up http://www.bnetdocs.org/ .

You can right click on messages in the packet lag, choose "Follow" and it might help you find it better. a good way i think, would be to join a ums game, maybe make it a custom map you made so you can stay longer. Type Pause into chat then Pause the game, then type 'unpause' into the chat and unpause the game. this way you could look for the chat messages as a beacon to the pause messages.
November 16, 2009, 4:05 PM

Search