Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Template Bot

AuthorMessageTime
Lenny
Does anyone know if a bot somewhat like Samplebot by iLurker is still available?
July 5, 2003, 3:54 AM
DaRk-FeAnOr
Eth bot = Sample bot
July 5, 2003, 4:04 AM
SNiFFeR
I dont understand how there are "templates" for bots. Isn't the whole point in developing a bot is to be more creative than someone elses? The reason I will download your bot over someone else's would be because it has something other bots do not have.
July 5, 2003, 4:34 AM
Lenny
.....I need to learn from something.....I'll be a while before I release anything if I ever do :-\
July 5, 2003, 4:47 AM
RhiNo
a book wouldnt be a bad spot to start
July 5, 2003, 5:03 AM
Lenny
I know vb but not how bots work.....99% sure the aren't any books about battle.net bots...
July 5, 2003, 6:20 AM
PaiD
This is from dictionary.com
a Meaning of book
"A set of prescribed standards or rules on which decisions are based"
well then that would be BnetDocs.
July 5, 2003, 6:37 AM
Lenny
I see he meant that kind of book hmmm....How could i have been so stupid to think of something like a set of written, printed, or blank pages fastened along one side and encased between protective covers
July 5, 2003, 7:32 AM
UserLoser
Get a packet logger, or learn reverse engineering. If you don't know/do either of those, then there is no way in hell that you have 'made' a bot. Using BNLS it might be possible to just go off of that, the only packets that'd you need to know is 0x0f, but still that's easy too.
July 5, 2003, 4:06 PM
iago
I've learned most of what I know about bots from packet-logging/reversing/BNetDocs. I have never used anybody else's work beyond packet names/briefs.
July 5, 2003, 4:19 PM

Search