Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Pinning user to external IP address via Windows Server DHCP

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
My office intranet uses a Windows Server 2003 server for exchange and DHCP hosting.

What I'd like to do is be able to pin selected users or computers (computers would be preferable and I think the only thing that could work right) to a specific external IP range.  Supposing I have an external IP address range of 192.168.1.100-110, and I want my computer to be on 105, is it possible to do this within just Windows DHCP configuration?
August 27, 2009, 3:26 PM
Imperceptus
have you tried just plugging the network information for your adapter on your machine? or do you want dhcp to assign your mac that address?
August 27, 2009, 3:33 PM
Myndfyr
On my intranet, I get the IP address 172.something.  I can't configure my local network adapter to have a specific external address.  Besides, external addresses assigned by the ISP need to be assigned by *their* DHCP server to be recognized.
August 27, 2009, 4:40 PM
jwilcox25
You can assign a specific address under TCP/IP options. This will turn off DHCP however. For a static address assigned by DHCP, you have to configure the router.
September 5, 2009, 1:15 AM

Search