Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Local Lockdown only possible on windows machines?

AuthorMessageTime
ThePro
Currently I'm trying to write a python lib for handling the lockdown for Starcraft locally.
One problem is, that I couldn't find any documentation about the lockdown system, so I downloaded the c sourcecode of skull securtiy, where it is implementated.

When Checkrevision is called, it opens the dll file (lockdown-IX86-xx.dll) using LoadLibrary. On a linux machines this will not work, so am I fucked now, or is there still a way?
July 15, 2009, 2:24 PM
Myndfyr
I won't speak for other people's implementations, and C# isn't going to be portable to Python more than likely, but my C# implementation of Lockdown imports the necessary PE file headers and would run on non-Windows platforms because it performs all of the loading on its own.

It's certainly possible to do without LoadLibrary().
July 15, 2009, 3:32 PM
HdxBmx27
As MyndFyre has said, All you would have to do is implement the proper PE loading procedures yourself and it's perfectly feasible to run lockdown on any other OS. JBLS does it, pretty badly I may add, but, it does it. Learn how it interacts with PE files, you'll be glad you did.
I'm pretty sure the reason the C code on Ron's site uses LoadLibrary() is that it would be stupid to re-implement that part if you didn't have to.
July 15, 2009, 5:26 PM
rob
You can use my code here http://www.onlythechosen.com/lockdown-src.zip.  This is based from the original post by iago.
August 21, 2009, 7:29 AM
aton
rob, your code segfaults on 64 bit linux, i posted that already i think
September 17, 2009, 9:06 AM

Search