Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Help handling warden

AuthorMessageTime
TheTrueFace
I'm programming a bot using C# with the help of BNSharp.

Is there any way I could reference a dll of warden or anything?
July 8, 2009, 10:43 PM
Myndfyr
There is not currently a public implementation of Warden available in C#.

BN# provides extensibility points for Warden handling, though, if you can implement it yourself.
July 8, 2009, 11:15 PM
TheTrueFace
When I connect, I receive such messages, it says that warden was requested and not handled.

Does this actually mean that there is a method to handle warden with BNSharp already? And if so could I please have help doing it? I don't even know where to begin.
July 8, 2009, 11:55 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=TheTrueFace link=topic=18004.msg183060#msg183060 date=1247097314]
When I connect, I receive such messages, it says that warden was requested and not handled.

Does this actually mean that there is a method to handle warden with BNSharp already? And if so could I please have help doing it? I don't even know where to begin.
[/quote]
In order to implement Warden within BN#, you need to:
[list]
[*]Implement the IWardenModule interface
[*]Create an instance of the IWardenModule implementation class
[*]Assign the instance to your connection's WardenModule property
[/list]

During connection, BN#'s BattleNetClient class calls the various methods of the IWardenModule interface, so you need to implement them.  BN# generates that warning when no warden module is provided, but Battle.net requests Warden functionality of the client.
July 8, 2009, 11:57 PM
TheTrueFace
Can you help me with code? I really don't know how to do this. =/
July 9, 2009, 12:59 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=TheTrueFace link=topic=18004.msg183062#msg183062 date=1247101168]
Can you help me with code? I really don't know how to do this. =/
[/quote]

What are you having trouble with?

Implementing an interface in C#?
Creating an instance of a class?
July 9, 2009, 7:15 AM
Sveet
if you're having problems with the implementation, you can always use BNLS to handle it. Check out the BNLS 0x7D thread on the same page as this.
July 9, 2009, 7:35 PM
TheTrueFace
I'd like to be able to just implement warden as a class file, as I am using hash files, and don't care for BNLS.

How would I write this in a class file? Or is it even possible to use this method?
July 9, 2009, 8:23 PM
Myndfyr
Do you know how to program in C#?
July 9, 2009, 9:45 PM
HdxBmx27
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=18004.msg183069#msg183069 date=1247175950]Do you know how to program in C#?[/quote]No, he doesn't, I've spoken with him. This is his first program after writing a simple text editor which 1/2 the functionality didn't work [saving/loading files]

I've told him that I would be more then willing to help if he wanted to truly learn how to make a bot and go back to the basics. But he refuses to instead he uses BN# which is just a modern replacement to CSB [with improved features that make it great for experienced developers who simply don't want to re-write the connection over and over] and we all know how big of a head ake that was :/

He doesn't even know how to create a socket.

If he really wants to know whats going on, Ron's site will be helpful for the basics, after that we can direct him to the posts on these forums with more information, but, I'm doubtful he will understand the wiki less know how to implement it as the code is in C/Java not C# for him to copy.

So i'll state again, You should go back to the basics, and turly learn your language of choice, BEFORE making a bot, with or without BN#.
July 9, 2009, 9:51 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Hdx link=topic=18004.msg183070#msg183070 date=1247176293]
[with improved features that make it great for experienced developers who simply don't want to re-write the connection over and over][/quote]
Nice save :P
July 9, 2009, 11:45 PM

Search