Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Skipping bnet connections limit.

AuthorMessageTime
HelloThere
Hello,

As we know there is some limit based on something, how many instances can be connected to the battle.net at the same time.

The thing is, what it is based on ?
Internal IP ? External IP ? Files ?

I was trying to find it out using GHost++ with BNLSWarden support.

Someone on codelain forums gave such sollution:
[quote]Solution:

Based on my experience: Each set of  storm.dll, war3.exe y game.dll files let you connect 5 bots to europe, so if you want per example 15 bots running yo need 3 sets of storm.dll, war3.exe y game.dll, 1 set per 5 bots.

You can get a different set from another computer wc3 installation.[/quote]

Well, I tried this one and it didn't work, however I tried this on Ubuntu OS but I don't think it should really matter.

Maximum which I reached was 8 bots, each next one got automaticly disconnected. -- EUROPE --

In my opinion there should be no External IP limit cause how 100+ users internet cafes could work if there would be max 8 Ext. ip connections ? -- can we skip this part ?

The other guy posted such information which might be key ?
[quote author=Strilanc link=topic=5031.msg44251#msg44251 date=1244319690]
Here is the initial packet sent by my bot to battle.net:
[code]Sending AuthenticationBegin to BNET
{
protocol = 0
platform = 'IX86' (reversed)
product = 'W3XP' (reversed)
product version = 23
product language = 'SUne'
internal ip = 192.168.0.110
time zone offset = 240
location id = 1033
language id = 1033
country abrev = "USA"
country name = "United States"
}[/code]

There's a lot of possibilities to differentiate users, but I bet they use the internal IP address.
[/quote]

from that informations, the only UNIQUE value can be 'internal ip', right ? However, I don't have a clue how to check if that really could be a sollution.

Maybe some of you already find it out ? post comments

Thanks!
June 7, 2009, 1:45 PM
dRAgoN
there is no way around it, it is 8 per external IP per realm.
only way around it is useing proxys.
June 7, 2009, 2:30 PM
Ringo
[quote author=HelloThere link=topic=17977.msg182907#msg182907 date=1244382305]
In my opinion there should be no External IP limit cause how 100+ users internet cafes could work if there would be max 8 Ext. ip connections ? -- can we skip this part ?
[/quote]
IIRC, internet cafes contact blizzard for this sort of thing.
For example, I know blizzard will allow a CDKey to be used multiple times on the same realm, if the internet cafe has contacted blizzard and asked, and they agreed.
I would guess the same is true with an IP address.

To a standard user, the limit is 8 connections to a realm, per IP address, and 1 connection per realm, per cdkey.
To have them caps raised, you need to contact blizzard.
June 7, 2009, 2:41 PM
HelloThere
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=17977.msg182909#msg182909 date=1244385670]
[quote author=HelloThere link=topic=17977.msg182907#msg182907 date=1244382305]
[/quote]
IIRC, internet cafes contact blizzard for this sort of thing.
For example, I know blizzard will allow a CDKey to be used multiple times on the same realm, if the internet cafe has contacted blizzard and asked, and they agreed.
I would guess the same is true with an IP address.

To a standard user, the limit is 8 connections to a realm, per IP address, and 1 connection per realm, per cdkey.
To have them caps raised, you need to contact blizzard.
[/quote]

*sigh*

yup.. I tried to do the "different internal IP" on 2 computers and it didn't work, however when I connected to VPN on #2 computer, I was able to set up 16 bots in general (2 computers, 2 IPs).

It comes that all this stuff is myth and the ext. IP is the one and only one true information.
June 7, 2009, 2:48 PM
MysT_DooM
This was in asia, when warden for SC first showed up.  Don't know why they were in Terran Strategy though.  A Blizz Rep said it was a Internet Cafe, but I read elsewhere on the web that their isn't a particular license for that.  Maybe they changed their rules since that article.   Still found it interesting at the time :P

[img]http://www.darkblizz.org/scnetwork.bmp[/img]
June 7, 2009, 7:31 PM
dRAgoN
if i remember there is or was a page on battle.net for internet cafe signups.
June 7, 2009, 8:24 PM
Sixen
[quote author=l)ragon link=topic=17977.msg182917#msg182917 date=1244406252]
if i remember there is or was a page on battle.net for internet cafe signups.
[/quote]

There sure is, ;P.
http://www.blizzard.com/us/inblizz/gamingcenters.html
June 8, 2009, 5:36 PM

Search