Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | /WHOAMI -- Introductions | Hello vL !

AuthorMessageTime
RiffRiot
Well, for starters, I am an old SC player since around 1997 but stopped playing for a few years (around 2004?) due to my job.  I work full time as a computer technician for a local corporation which has served me well so far.  I am 21 and living in Michigan, USA (please don't stalk me :P).  I would prefer to change my forum name to ToxicLogic, as that is the nick I currently use, however, RiffRiot used to be an old website project of mine which has since been deserted.  I won't bother deleting my account or making another email just to accomplish a different nick, lol.

I have taught myself the hardware and software of computers when I was around 13 and since then I've been to a technical academy during high school and from there I have taught myself VB6 which later turned into C++ and now C#.  I also know a lot of PHP and MySQL, as well as MS SQL and a few other SQL databases.  I have not spent a great amount of time with languages, however.  There is Much Much more that I still need to learn and I believe we never stop learning.  Although, I am Always happy to help where and when I can!

I have always been interested in "the inner workings", whatever it may be; a TV, radio, girlfriend (still working on this one), et al.

So what brings me to vL?

Simple.  I have always admired vL's determination to know the inner workings of Battle.net, SC, D2, mathematics, physics, and well, whatever it may be that they desire.  Their determination has inspired me at a young teen to do what it takes to understand the inner workings of software, networking, and the in-betweens.  I have learned a lot from this community and I often find myself "Reading" forums, instead of posting helpful information.  Since i've read a lot of this forum in the past and very recently started reading more, I will be joining this community forum to give back what information I can.

So, you may not know me now, but I hope you will get to know me in the future.  I hope I can help this community as much as you all have helped me.

Thanks,
Ryan M, aka ToxicLogic
April 3, 2009, 5:45 PM
Yegg
Glad to have you on board! While the forums may not be exciting like they once were, there's still some intelligence hiding in some corners.
April 3, 2009, 6:01 PM
Invert
That sounds like a resume. Welcome to the forums.
April 3, 2009, 8:35 PM
RiffRiot
A resume, lol.  I guess I just like to be social and explain things in detail (sometimes) ;D
April 3, 2009, 8:40 PM
Sixen
Welcome to the forums! There's a mini-redesign going on to hopefluly spark some activity, =). Nice timing~
April 3, 2009, 10:08 PM
RiffRiot
Nice! ;D I'll be looking forward to it, Sixen!
April 3, 2009, 11:29 PM
Invert
It's not going to be a mini-redesign. Something new is coming to www.valhallalegends.com. The forum just had an update and we went back to the old look, also, updated the active boards, hid the dead boards, and added new ones.
April 4, 2009, 5:09 AM
Sixen
[quote author=Invert link=topic=17882.msg182091#msg182091 date=1238821779]
It's not going to be a mini-redesign. Something new is coming to www.valhallalegends.com. The forum just had an update and we went back to the old look, also, updated the active boards, hid the dead boards, and added new ones.
[/quote]
Well, that's good to hear. Thanks for the clarification, Invert.
April 4, 2009, 8:25 AM
Invert
Sixen, I did not mean to nitpick at what you were saying, just wanted to say that something new is on the way. :)
April 4, 2009, 9:40 PM
Sixen
[quote author=Invert link=topic=17882.msg182106#msg182106 date=1238881202]
Sixen, I did not mean to nitpick at what you were saying, just wanted to say that something new is on the way. :)
[/quote]
No worries, Invert, =). After I had re-read your reply (prior to my reply), I noticed that you weren't nitpicking, ^_^. That being said, my response was serious~

Thankies!
April 4, 2009, 11:39 PM
Spht
This calls for a hug
April 5, 2009, 12:38 AM
Hostile
group hug or take turns?
April 5, 2009, 1:57 AM
Invert
Group sounds best...it's faster too.
April 5, 2009, 2:27 AM
Sixen