Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Advanced Programming | Hooking Again =x

AuthorMessageTime
PunK
I would post this in CupHeads original post but I doubt anyone would look at that.

Anyways, I've already injected the dll but I want to redirect the socket data back to my application via the injected dll. I'm not quite sure about how to go about this and I am doing this in VB6 to get a good understanding then eventually I will port it into C++. I don't quite have a great grasp on C++ which is why I'm doing this in VB6 first.

Does anyone have any good documentation (being any language at this point, I don't care) that I could refer to?

Second question.
Let's say I write a DLL and name it winsock32.dll. The application I inject the DLL into is already using a library named winsock32.dll.. Will it write over the existing dll that the application is already using?

Thanks.
January 20, 2009, 6:29 PM
BreW
1). No, but it's really really easy to do on your own. I recommend checking out DbgHelp's ImageDirectoryEntryToData.
2). LoadLibrary will return the base address of the previously loaded module with the same name if present.
January 20, 2009, 8:12 PM
PunK
Kind of was hoping for something that explained the dynamics of hooking.

I'm using http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/viewtopic.php?p=2483118 as a reference.
January 22, 2009, 12:19 AM
HdxBmx27
Walk the imports table replacing all calls to functions you want to hook with your functions. Not hard.
March 27, 2009, 4:40 AM

Search