Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Saving to a DB

AuthorMessageTime
WiLD
I know its possible because fyrebot does it. I was wondering how i would save data from my bot to a DB on the net.

Ofcourse im not going to use it to steal information but to log info. I was thinking that it would be nice to know whos using your bot on what server the master and home channel. This would be very useful if you release a private version of your bot, and you can see whos using and where they are. So then you can patch it.

I do know that knowledge of ASP or PHP will be needed but if you could at least please help me with the client side(bot).

Any information/code will be helpful

Thank you
July 2, 2003, 6:56 AM
Noodlez
You could write an ASP or PHP script that works something like this...
script.asp?username=Noodlez&timesloaded=0&blah=blah

Of course, you should have some security measures to make sure it is actually the bot executing the script, otherwise people could add garbage to your database.
July 2, 2003, 7:37 AM
UnkNowN....Man.
u talkin bot like.. i don know, a WeBBot?
July 2, 2003, 8:50 PM
Kp
[quote author=WiLD link=board=17;threadid=1777;start=0#msg13555 date=1057128993]
I know its possible because fyrebot does it. I was wondering how i would save data from my bot to a DB on the net.

Ofcourse im not going to use it to steal information but to log info. I was thinking that it would be nice to know whos using your bot on what server the master and home channel. This would be very useful if you release a private version of your bot, and you can see whos using and where they are. So then you can patch it.[/quote]What precisely is your goal in this? Retain a list of people running the bot, see who's using it at a given instant (but not have a list of all people who've ever run it), view the databases that they are using, ...? Knowing precisely what you want done with it will make it much easier to give you a relevant answer.
July 2, 2003, 9:45 PM
WiLD
ok srr,
i want it save to a DB with the;
username,
master,
server,
home channel,
last time it connected
[quote]
u talkin bot like.. i don know, a WeBBot?
[/quote]
not really, because if i understand correct a webbot just transmits data from what the bot sees in the channel to a website.
July 3, 2003, 12:28 AM

Search