Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Difference between ROC & TFT (Patching GHost++ to use ROC only)

AuthorMessageTime
SteelSide
I'm interested in patching GHost++ to be capable of just using ROC (Only connectionwise, don't care about the hosting parts).
What difference is there between connecting ROC & TFT?

Also, is there any other open source bot that runs on linux? (Preferdably that can connect to ROC-only natively ._. and absolutely with the possibility of not running a gui.)
December 21, 2008, 3:54 PM
FrostWraith
The connection data for ROC and TFT is not much different, just some packets are larger because they contain multiple hashes.

Javaop is an open source bot written in Java that is cross platform
http://www.javaop.com/

There are others, but this was the one that came to mind the quickest.
December 21, 2008, 5:21 PM
SteelSide
Is it listed anywhere what packets are larger? (Looked a quickie at bnetdocs, didn't spot anything of value, but then i only glanced at 0x50 :p)

Edit: while at it, a quick question: After you managed the login sequence, are you required to answer to packets sent to you? (And which if so) or will bnet just accept that you send your null packet every 60 seconds?
December 21, 2008, 9:07 PM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=SteelSide link=topic=17757.msg180913#msg180913 date=1229893643]
Is it listed anywhere what packets are larger? (Looked a quickie at bnetdocs, didn't spot anything of value, but then i only glanced at 0x50 :p)

Edit: while at it, a quick question: After you managed the login sequence, are you required to answer to packets sent to you? (And which if so) or will bnet just accept that you send your null packet every 60 seconds?
[/quote]

In the login, only packet which differs is 0x51 since you are sending 2 cd key hashes instead of just 1. after you login, you don't have to strictly send anything, however it is advisable to send your null packets and respond to ping packets (0x25)
December 21, 2008, 9:50 PM
Barabajagal
If you have TFT installed, there's no difference in 0x51 according to the client. WAR3 and W3XP are 100% identical, except that when you select to connect with WAR3, the client sends 0x5C (SID_SWITCHPRODUCT).
December 21, 2008, 10:45 PM
SteelSide
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17757.msg180916#msg180916 date=1229899521]
If you have TFT installed, there's no difference in 0x51 according to the client. WAR3 and W3XP are 100% identical, except that when you select to connect with WAR3, the client sends 0x5C (SID_SWITCHPRODUCT).
[/quote]

Oh, nice to know! Really had no idea. I thought the 2 executables had nothing at all to do with each other. Turns out I'm wrong :>
December 21, 2008, 11:03 PM
Barabajagal
Warcraft III.exe and Frozen Throne.exe do almost nothing. war3.exe is the important executable, and it's identical for either version.
December 22, 2008, 12:21 AM
SteelSide
Oh and by the way, thanks for the JavaOp2 tip! It works perfectly fine under a terminal, even better on my server (where i intended to use it) than on my desktop. Won't need to rewrite Ghost++ then :)

And also thanks for the notice of that you really don't have to respond to any packets other than ping & send nulls - i thought login in was just a smaaaalll small part of all the packets you needed to handle and send. (I got a 50% complete login sequence done, which i never bothered to finish, now i might :P)
December 22, 2008, 10:50 AM

Search