Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | Texas Tech >>>>> Tejas

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
Grats on the victory!
November 2, 2008, 9:19 AM
LW-Falcon
They were lucky Texas played shitty in the first half. They're going to get destroyed by OU, OSU, Mizzou now so its all good.
November 2, 2008, 10:23 PM
Newby
Crabtree is a pimp. That's all I have to say.
November 4, 2008, 4:27 AM
DarkMinion
Tech MADE Texas play shitty in the first half.  We owned Texas in the trenches for 3 quarters, which is why they lost.  Colt McCoy spent the majority of his time spitting blood on the sideline until the 4th quarter.
November 4, 2008, 5:07 AM
LW-Falcon
How did Tech make Texas play shitty? Did they make McCoy throw the interception? Did they make the receivers drop passes? No Texas just played shitty. Texas managed to overcome a 19 point deficit in one quarter alone. I don't know why they can't fucking properly double team 1 receiver.
November 4, 2008, 7:35 AM
DarkMinion
Uh.  We owned Texas in the trenches for nearly 3 quarters.  That's how we won the game.  Texas did indeed make a comeback.  It doesn't change the fact that they were hit early and hard and it rattled them.  It's amazing how people like you refuse to give the team that won any credit for the game.  Dropped passes happen, hell, we had to settle for a FG early on when one of our receivers dropped an easy TD.  Did we make them drop the passes?  Of course not, but I'll tell you what we did do:

Our defensive line dominated Texas' OL for most of the game, Herbstreit and Musberger were commenting about it the entire game, you can't make the claim that you missed it if you actually watched the game.  We consistently got pressure with 3 and 4 man rushes, which allowed us to cover the Texas receivers very well for most of the game, and also allowed us to sack McCoy 4 times and not let him use his legs to beat us.  Whether you want to admit it or not, our defense forced the issue in the first 3 quarters and rattled the Texas offense into silly mistakes like the pick 6 in the 3rd quarter.

Our offensive line is NFL-caliber and gave Harrell all day to throw almost every down, and allowed our running backs to gash their defensive line time and time again.

Texas got a spark from the punt return TD that should have come back (no idea why they picked that flag up, it was an obvious block in the back), and it got them back in the game.  What matters in the end is arguably the best QB in the country marched his team back in less than a minute in a half to win the game, and the (not arguably) best WR in the country put it in the endzone.
November 4, 2008, 3:50 PM
LW-Falcon
Uhh Tech has a pretty shitty defense, in all of their games they've relied entirely on their offense to outscore their opponents. It's not that Tech's defense dominated the first 3 quarters, its that UT's offense was asleep during that time. What happened to your defense (if they had any) in the 4th quarter? Right, they got walked all over. You guys won this game, but I will enjoy watching you get dismantled by OU, that's for sure.
November 4, 2008, 10:22 PM
DarkMinion
Uh, I don't know what you're smoking, and I'm 99% sure you haven't watched Tech play in any game before this one....but Tech is leading the conference in total offense AND total defense, and every expert and their mothers have all stated explicitly that the reason Tech won this ballgame was because of how their defense hit Texas in the mouth and set the tone for the game early.  Countless analysts have commented about how Tech's offensive and defensive lines dominated their counterparts.  Texas' offense, early on, aside from a dropped pass from Jordan Shipley, was not asleep, it was stifled.  You can make all the excuses you want in order to make yourself feel better, but you got beat, SOUNDLY, for 3 quarters, mounted a nice comeback in the end, but you still lost.  Get over it and yourself.

You got beat by one of the best QBs and THE best WR in the country when it counted.
November 5, 2008, 12:34 AM
Racial
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=17700.msg180230#msg180230 date=1225845273]
Uh, I don't know what you're smoking, and I'm 99% sure you haven't watched Tech play in any game before this one....but Tech is leading the conference in total offense AND total defense, and every expert and their mothers have all stated explicitly that the reason Tech won this ballgame was because of how their defense hit Texas in the mouth and set the tone for the game early.  Countless analysts have commented about how Tech's offensive and defensive lines dominated their counterparts.  Texas' offense, early on, aside from a dropped pass from Jordan Shipley, was not asleep, it was stifled.  You can make all the excuses you want in order to make yourself feel better, but you got beat, SOUNDLY, for 3 quarters, mounted a nice comeback in the end, but you still lost.  Get over it and yourself.

You got beat by one of the best QBs and THE best WR in the country when it counted.
[/quote]Tech is horrible so keep your lid shut.
November 5, 2008, 10:56 PM
Newby
There's a reason Texas Tech is undefeated; if their defense was as abysmal as you claim, Falcon, every team would match them TD for TD.

Really. Give them some credit.
November 6, 2008, 3:35 AM
LW-Falcon
I give them credit for pulling a miracle win against Texas, but you can't judge how good a team is just by their record. Which teams have they played till now? And which teams Texas played? They are about to go through what Texas went through, hell. In the next couple of weeks if they manage to beat OSU, OU, and Mizzou in a row, then I'll admit they are a better team. They might beat Mizzou and OSU, but I don't see them taking down OU.
November 6, 2008, 5:53 AM
Newby
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=17700.msg180257#msg180257 date=1225950817]
but I don't see them taking down OU.
[/quote]

Nobody saw Texas taking down OU either. I personally didn't.
November 7, 2008, 1:52 AM
LW-Falcon
[quote author=Newby link=topic=17700.msg180269#msg180269 date=1226022778]
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=17700.msg180257#msg180257 date=1225950817]
but I don't see them taking down OU.
[/quote]

Nobody saw Texas taking down OU either. I personally didn't.
[/quote]
Uhh I don't know where you live but here in Texas everyone saw it coming.
November 7, 2008, 2:41 AM
Newby
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=17700.msg180273#msg180273 date=1226025666]
Uhh I don't know where you live but here in Texas everyone saw it coming.
[/quote]

You also thought Texas would beat Tech.

Guess some days you're right, some days you're wrong. ::)
November 7, 2008, 4:25 AM
Grok
How does that foot taste?
November 9, 2008, 1:26 PM
DarkMinion
I like how we have been picked to lose our last 3 games.  Kansas would beat us because we can't play on the road.  We were up, what, 63-14 in the 4th?  Texas was supposed to beat us down.  OSU was supposed to beat us because we can't play defense.  36 point ass-kicking?  Now we can't beat OU.  I guess we'll see.
November 10, 2008, 8:21 PM
Grok
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=17700.msg180352#msg180352 date=1226348518]
I like how we have been picked to lose our last 3 games.  Kansas would beat us because we can't play on the road.  We were up, what, 63-14 in the 4th?  Texas was supposed to beat us down.  OSU was supposed to beat us because we can't play defense.  36 point ass-kicking?  Now we can't beat OU.  I guess we'll see.
[/quote]

Heh, its not human nature to admit they were wrong.  People usually do whatever it takes to make their initial statement correct, even if that means waiting till TT loses then saying "told you so".
November 11, 2008, 11:08 PM
Grok
Ouch.  Now queue the naysayers...
November 23, 2008, 4:02 AM
LW-Falcon
Ahahaha who gets blown out by OU? Seriously. Is that Baylor they're playing?
November 23, 2008, 4:15 AM

Search