Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | Free Image Hosting for everyone :)

AuthorMessageTime
Stellarchase
Hey guys, I made http://www.imglot.com/ for some free image hosting for you.  The server will be up as it's prepaid for quite some time.  I've got enough hard drive and bandwidth as well.  Hope to see you guys use it, it's probably one of the faster servers as well.

September 28, 2008, 6:33 PM
Yegg
It took ages for me to upload a song. After about a 2 minute wait it tells me that the file type I chose (m4a) is not supported. It should have checked for that earlier on. It'd be nice if it first checked for unsupported file formats according to file extension first. If the extension typically represents an unsupported audio format, a message window should notify the user and ask if they would like to continue anyway. If they decide to, then it should check the file data for the format. I hate having to wait forever for something to upload just to find out that it's not supported.

Besides all of that, RapidShare uploaded faster for me.
September 29, 2008, 3:57 AM
Stellarchase
haha, well considering this is free IMAGE hosting, I didn't think you'd try uploading a song.

But i'll look into the precatch.  Thanks for the heads up :)
September 29, 2008, 9:07 AM
Yegg
[quote author=Stellarchase link=topic=17676.msg179984#msg179984 date=1222679276]
haha, well considering this is free IMAGE hosting, I didn't think you'd try uploading a song.

But i'll look into the precatch.  Thanks for the heads up :)
[/quote]

Lol. It wasn't even that late either, not quite sure how I missed that one.
September 29, 2008, 5:13 PM
iago
When you hit "browse" and submit a form, your browser submits the name, the data, and everything else, all at the same time. As such, there's no way to pre-check without some voodoo (Javascript would probably work, if you're into the black arts).
September 30, 2008, 3:04 PM
Myndfyr
[code]
String.prototype.endsWith = function(str) {
    return this.match(str + '$') == str;
};

function validateUploader()
{
    var valid = false;
    var uploader = document.getElementById('uploader');
    var validExtensions = [ 'PNG', 'GIF', 'JPG', 'JPEG' ];
    for (var i = 0; i < validExtensions.length; i++)
    {
        if (uploader.value.toUpperCase().endsWith(validExtensions[i]))
        {
            valid = true;
            break;
        }
    }
    return valid;
}
[/code]
[/black-arts]
September 30, 2008, 6:20 PM
DeathRoad
I use imageshack.us - its fast and does the job. It is aswel as simple to use and it gives you the Direct link to that image.
June 15, 2009, 7:15 AM
chrish4161
[quote author=Stellarchase link=topic=17676.msg179980#msg179980 date=1222626797]
Hey guys, I made http://www.imglot.com/ for some free image hosting for you.  The server will be up as it's prepaid for quite some time.  I've got enough hard drive and bandwidth as well.  Hope to see you guys use it, it's probably one of the faster servers as well.

[/quote]
Well I would like to appreciate the work of yours that you are developing the server or the hosting plan for uploading the images but I am afraid to say that the uploading process is pretty slow overhear and sometimes the format is not supported so I suggest to change the settings of your server.
May 1, 2010, 2:42 AM
smithshn
If the extension typically represents an unsupported audio format, a message window should notify the user and ask if they would like to continue anyway. If they decide to, then it should check the file data for the format. I hate having to wait forever for something to upload just to find out that it's not supported.
May 17, 2010, 4:41 PM

Search