Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Warhammer Online

AuthorMessageTime
chyea
Seriously, no warhammer thread yet?

Well, I was wondering if anyone is playing the beta and has some feedback. I've been reading feedback from a warhammer online fan site, so I don't know how much I believe it, but it all looks pretty damn positive.

I followed Age of Conan for a year, at least, prior to release, and played the game for a month after it was released. I can easily say it was the worst gaming experience I've had. Hopefully Warhammer Online doesn't do the same.

The site I was reading is here: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81628
September 10, 2008, 8:34 PM
inner.
What's so bad about Age of Conan? They're fixing up their shit now.
September 11, 2008, 10:32 PM
Invert
I've been in the beta since early last year. I can tell you that it's not better than WoW or close to being as involving and detailed. Truth.

A side note: I'm not a WoW fanboy, I am not currently playing WoW and my account is inactive.
September 13, 2008, 7:44 AM
chyea
[quote author=Invert link=topic=17648.msg179811#msg179811 date=1221291867]
I've been in the beta since early last year. I can tell you that it's not better than WoW or close to being as involving and detailed. Truth.

A side note: I'm not a WoW fanboy, I am not currently playing WoW and my account is inactive.
[/quote]

I've heard it's not better than wow, but you can't expect that from a game that hasn't even been released compared to a game like wow. Involved and more detailed? I was never involved with the story line of wow, at all. I tend to skip the quest dialog, and just go right to fighting. :P

I'm not much into fantasy stories and stuff, really, that's probably why. I do like video games, though.

Detailed, though? Graphics wise, from warhammeronline.com's screen shots, it looks like the character models are going to destroy wow's. The shadow effects help a lot, too. The landscape doesn't look any worse than wow's.

I don't know - I preordered it and am looking forward to the early access.
September 14, 2008, 3:37 AM
Invert
[quote author=chyea link=topic=17648.msg179818#msg179818 date=1221363457]
I've heard it's not better than wow, but you can't expect that from a game that hasn't even been released compared to a game like wow. Involved and more detailed? I was never involved with the story line of wow, at all. I tend to skip the quest dialog, and just go right to fighting. :P

I'm not much into fantasy stories and stuff, really, that's probably why. I do like video games, though.

Detailed, though? Graphics wise, from warhammeronline.com's screen shots, it looks like the character models are going to destroy wow's. The shadow effects help a lot, too. The landscape doesn't look any worse than wow's.

[/quote]

You misunderstood some things about my post. What I meant by "involved" was not the lore (which I used to like until the aliens landed) but the personal involvement within the game. For example, the chat interaction with some useless but meaningful command like /dance or /wave, things like these involve you with the world as you are really part of it.

Also, what I meant by "detailed" has nothing to do with graphics (I don't have the machine to fun fancy graphics) it was about the work that blizzard put into the little things in the game always keeping in mind that simplicity is best.
September 24, 2008, 9:17 PM
chyea
[quote author=Invert link=topic=17648.msg179936#msg179936 date=1222291042]
[quote author=chyea link=topic=17648.msg179818#msg179818 date=1221363457]

[/quote]

You misunderstood some things about my post. What I meant by "involved" was not the lore (which I used to like until the aliens landed) but the personal involvement within the game. For example, the chat interaction with some useless but meaningful command like /dance or /wave, things like these involve you with the world as you are really part of it.

Also, what I meant by "detailed" has nothing to do with graphics (I don't have the machine to fun fancy graphics) it was about the work that blizzard put into the little things in the game always keeping in mind that simplicity is best.
[/quote]

Ah, yea. I totally agree. I know exactly what you mean, then. I feel the same way.
September 25, 2008, 5:22 AM

Search