Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | how do wc3 in-game chat packets work?

AuthorMessageTime
k1234567
i have hosted a private game on bnet (wc3 tft) and monitored packets from 6112 to 6119 (tcp) .
in-game i typed chat messgaes thou no one of the packets seemed to contain the chat strings...
September 5, 2008, 4:14 PM
c0ol
Were you alone in the game ? :)
September 5, 2008, 5:27 PM
k1234567
yep , should have i played with some1 and then tried to monitor packets? i mean i didnt want to have tons of shit packets to go thru , doesnt it like send my chat ot he b.net server?

edit : k found my chat packets , seems like it sent everyplayer a "hay" and then sent a "hay" to the b.net sever and i have no idea at all what the stuff b4 they hey in the packets , it also diffrent in all packets ? and can it also be that b4 sending a hay to every player it sent some messgae to the main bnet server telling ti will start sending packets now?
September 5, 2008, 6:21 PM
c0ol
War3 in game is peer to peer, with no peers theres no traffic.

EDIT:
Looks like you figured out the issue, some of those packets are already documented, just search around.
September 5, 2008, 6:54 PM
k1234567
i searched for chat , and those thta i found are wither not related or are wither very old ...
September 5, 2008, 9:27 PM

Search