Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | D1GS?

AuthorMessageTime
Sixen
Is there any documentation on the Diablo 1 Gameserver? Just... Curious.
August 21, 2008, 3:23 AM
Kp
There is no Diablo 1 game server.  Diablo 1 games are peer-to-peer.
August 21, 2008, 3:27 AM
Sixen
Alright, how about Diablo1 Client then, Kp?

As in, in-game client.
August 21, 2008, 3:32 AM
Barabajagal
Spht did a lot of work for a while on D1 games. Always wanted me to packet log stuff. He got it to where he could host games with all kinds of items & gold on the ground and all that. Maybe he'll be willing to divulge some notes?
August 21, 2008, 4:01 AM
UserLoser
same shizz as starcraft...all the udp games are pretty much same thing just few different things here and there
August 21, 2008, 4:18 AM
Sixen
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17612.msg179412#msg179412 date=1219291292]
Spht did a lot of work for a while on D1 games. Always wanted me to packet log stuff. He got it to where he could host games with all kinds of items & gold on the ground and all that. Maybe he'll be willing to divulge some notes?
[/quote]

Ah, nice. Hopefully he'll see this then, =). If not, i'll try to catch him on Bnet or MSN, :/.

[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=17612.msg179413#msg179413 date=1219292309]
same shizz as starcraft...all the udp games are pretty much same thing just few different things here and there
[/quote]

Hehe, I see..
August 21, 2008, 4:41 AM
Spht
What exactly were you looking for?  i wrote a client and server sometime ago, but most of the notes i have cover topics such as how character details and map setup are communicated over the wire, duplicate detection, item reproduction, in-game events, etc.  if you need help with that i can probably find some rough notes...

As for the protocol itself, i think that's been discussed to death on these forums and is fairly straight-forward anyway and far less complicated than the bncs logon process.  a few packet logs should be enough to see what's going on.  feel free to post any specific questions if you run into trouble

I have no formal documentation as i had no plans on publishing my research, since it was done for personal use
August 21, 2008, 9:48 PM
Sixen
I was looking to do exactly that, write a client/server for D1, just as how we were doing for D2 with Matt.
August 21, 2008, 10:57 PM

Search