Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Final Vote 2008

AuthorMessageTime
Invert
Baby boomers ruined my country! ;)
June 17, 2008, 10:02 PM
Myndfyr
I think that Obama might be the better long-term choice for conservatives.  I think that he's got no political capital and will butt heads with the folks on the Hill because he's so far to the left.  I think that midterm elections will be a disaster for the Democrats if he's elected, and I think that JUST MAYBE the Republicans will figure out that we don't want a centrist or liberal Rep to define the party platform.
June 17, 2008, 10:08 PM
Invert
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=17526.msg178561#msg178561 date=1213740493]
I think that Obama might be the better long-term choice for conservatives.  I think that he's got no political capital and will butt heads with the folks on the Hill because he's so far to the left.  I think that midterm elections will be a disaster for the Democrats if he's elected, and I think that JUST MAYBE the Republicans will figure out that we don't want a centrist or liberal Rep to define the party platform.
[/quote]

:o Did you read my mind or there are more people that have this mentality?
June 18, 2008, 6:33 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Invert link=topic=17526.msg178564#msg178564 date=1213770824]
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=17526.msg178561#msg178561 date=1213740493]
[/quote]

:o Did you read my mind or there are more people that have this mentality?
[/quote]

This has been a pretty difficult sell for other conservatives, at least for me to pitch.  But yeah, I was starting to think I was the only one who felt this way....
June 18, 2008, 8:56 PM
Mephisto
I tend to agree with Myndfyre about seeing this outcome in the long-term.

But...I don't think I could ever bring myself under any circumstances to vote for Obama.

At least McCain isn't going to tax the life out of us for an endless list of failed liberal programs and initiatives--and for that matter at least McCain isn't going to have a reckless foreign policy and will allow us to explore/drill for much needed off shore oil reserves.  His Veep pick is what I am looking forward to and to see how it will affect some of McCain's less desirable platform ideas and positions.
June 25, 2008, 1:12 AM

Search