Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Partition Magic Help

AuthorMessageTime
MysT_DooM
Ok, so I wanted to create another partition but partition magic isnt letting me.  I can't merge, resize, or create what I want to without it saying something that means "you cant do that"
ive tried converting primarys to logical and logicals to primary but that still doesnt work.

Here is the current setup:
[img]http://twistednet.org/~myst/parmagic.JPG[/img]

What I want is to create another partition, taking away space from that D drive for that new partition.
When I click on Resize Partitions, it is saying "Cannot resize. There are no primary or logical partitions on this drive."

What I think I have to do is get like couple gigs from D drive into that unallocated space, I think. 
February 16, 2008, 6:21 PM
Newby
You can't resize a partition that is completely full. According to PartitionMagic, it's 100% full.
February 16, 2008, 6:28 PM
MysT_DooM
However it's not full, theres 40 gigs free space left.  Stupid Partition Magic
February 16, 2008, 6:34 PM
Myndfyr
LoL, that's possibly the most retarded partitioning scheme I've ever seen.  Why do you have a 7.8mb primary partition and 75-gb extended partition?  Why isn't everything just in C:?

Best bet: get another hard drive, back up your shit, and then worry about it later. :P

LoL....
February 16, 2008, 7:51 PM
Explicit[nK]
I was always under the impression that you couldn't create a primary partition after a logical one on the same hdd. Can someone clarify?
February 16, 2008, 7:54 PM
MysT_DooM
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=17327.msg176432#msg176432 date=1203191503]
LoL, that's possibly the most retarded partitioning scheme I've ever seen.  Why do you have a 7.8mb primary partition and 75-gb extended partition?  Why isn't everything just in C:?

Best bet: get another hard drive, back up your shit, and then worry about it later. :P

LoL....
[/quote]

Yeah I sorta messed it up while partitioning
February 16, 2008, 8:31 PM
Newby
Hm. I was thinking about this. Try defragging your Windows partition. It might fix the problem of 0 GB free.
February 23, 2008, 4:52 PM

Search