Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | 2008 Vote

AuthorMessageTime
Invert
This might be fun. If you are not from the U.S., please don't vote.
February 16, 2008, 12:22 AM
Barabajagal
But what about John Edwards? :(
February 16, 2008, 12:40 AM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17324.msg176408#msg176408 date=1203122439]
But what about John Edwards? :(
[/quote]

he quit
February 16, 2008, 1:11 AM
dlStevens
Whould?
February 16, 2008, 1:59 AM
Spht
[img]http://www.valhallalegends.com/spht/obama.jpg[/img]
February 16, 2008, 2:02 AM
Barabajagal
There's a space to write in anyone you want... I'm pretty sure it's Federally required, but I'm not sure.
February 16, 2008, 2:14 AM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17324.msg176412#msg176412 date=1203128040]
There's a space to write in anyone you want... I'm pretty sure it's Federally required, but I'm not sure.
[/quote]

yeah if you're already going there to vote, why would you throw your vote away. dumbest thing ever.
February 16, 2008, 4:48 AM
iCe
No Ron Paul?
February 16, 2008, 5:27 AM
Newby
Tough choice tbh.
February 16, 2008, 6:17 AM
K
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=17324.msg176413#msg176413 date=1203137283]
yeah if you're already going there to vote, why would you throw your vote away. dumbest thing ever.
[/quote]

Because voting for a third party candidate increases their percentage of the popular vote, which in turn increases the public funding they receive in the next election? 

Why choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich?
February 16, 2008, 6:53 AM
Barabajagal
Thanks K. Nice to know someone knows how the system works, cause I sure don't.
February 17, 2008, 1:40 AM
Ringo
[quote author=Invert link=topic=17324.msg176405#msg176405 date=1203121372]
If you are not from the U.S., please don't vote.
[/quote]
I cant view the poll results, unless I vote. racist! :P

My view on the whole vioteing is, somone who wants to rule everyone else is an idiot.
People who want to be ruled are idiots.
If you dont vote, you cant vote for an idiot who will say anything to get votes.
You should have put a "they are all idiots" option :)
February 17, 2008, 2:02 AM
warz
or, if you DO vote, you can vote for somebody that stands on the same side as you on certain issues! could that be the whole point? oh jesus... i think it could be. fucking morons, man. anyone that says do not vote is a fucking idiot. jesus christ. im tired of you fucking dumb asses trying to talk politics on a forum that not even half of you know how to program in fucking visual basic when you pretend to know how to.... LET ALONE TALK POLITICS. JESUS CHRIST. stfu ring you fucking moron. stfu realityripple.. i dont know what you said but i remember you being a moron hippy faggot... go vote for Obama, you Obamanation, or why not Hillary you fucking fag... since they have not a dime's worth of difference between them principle-wise. Who's voting for fucking Huckaphoney? Faggots. God damnit I hate you all. Except BeTa`, I'd love to give a shout out to my home boys in #beta - torque, christopher, tehuser, explicit, maddy, tmp xar, anyone else i forgot to mention... i love you guys
February 17, 2008, 10:40 AM
warz
[quote author=betawarz link=topic=17324.msg176451#msg176451 date=1203244858]
or, if you DO vote, you can vote for somebody that stands on the same side as you on certain issues! could that be the whole point? oh jesus... i think it could be. fucking morons, man. anyone that says do not vote is a fucking idiot. jesus christ. im tired of you fucking dumb asses trying to talk politics on a forum that not even half of you know how to program in fucking visual basic when you pretend to know how to.... LET ALONE TALK POLITICS. JESUS CHRIST. stfu ring you fucking moron. stfu realityripple.. i dont know what you said but i remember you being a moron hippy faggot... go vote for Obama, you Obamanation, or why not Hillary you fucking fag... since they have not a dime's worth of difference between them principle-wise. Who's voting for fucking Huckaphoney? Faggots. God damnit I hate you all. Except BeTa`, I'd love to give a shout out to my home boys in #beta - torque, christopher, tehuser, explicit, maddy, tmp xar, anyone else i forgot to mention... i love you guys
[/quote]

QFT
February 17, 2008, 10:43 AM
Ringo
or, if you DO vote, you can vote for somebody that stands on the same side as you on certain issues! could that be the whole point? oh jesus... i think it could be. fucking morons, man.
[/quote]
Well, thats your view, and I respect that. I think we all understand why votes are held.
Your an idiot if you vote, your an idiot if you dont, 99% of the time its an idiot your voteing for -- even if you dont know it at the time.
You shouldnt read this forum if you cant handle exchange of views, tbh.
February 17, 2008, 10:54 AM
warz
YOU'RE NOT AN IDIOT IF YOU VOTE, WTF... HOW DOES VOTING MAKE YOU AN IDIOT. GO BACK TO WHATEVER FOREIGN COUNTRY YOU'RE FROM, FREAK.
February 17, 2008, 10:58 AM
Ringo
betawarz
I was not calling anyone here an idiot, I was talking of people (world wide) in general, and I was not being anti USA, many contrys around the world vote you know.
I was also being a little humorus.
But in all honesty, why would I vote for somone whos views compares closest with mine?
Why would I want to/have somone else inforce my views on other people?
And I was not telling anyone not to vote, I was simply stateing I dont vote and why.
If you tolk offence by what I said, then you will really struggle when you finaly get round to leaving your house for the 1st time and meating rl people. :P
And not voteing has as much to do with politics as voteing does, unlike being able to program with visual basic. (Lol) But I can see programming is important to you, so I will say no more.
If you were calling me a moron, then tell me somthing I dont know please.
The differnce with me is, Im well aware of it.
One of many reassions why I dont vote is, because the persion I would end up voteing for, would turn into somone like you if they win. Do you really think they can express their true views and goals in an election? I mean, look how you reacted to my view when it clashed with yours. How would you act to get votes?
Now im going to go back to my contry now... Oh wait, im in my native contry, Im just infront of my computer on the internet -- damn they are hard to tell apart somtimes, contry/internet, they are so alike. :P Who cares what rock somone lives on? I dont.
I would love to explain in detail why I have the views I do, but that would be like an animal trying to explain to another animal what the laws of gravity are, it would be a waste of time for both partys.
Now go and sober up and fail to insult me tomorow, plenty of spelling errors for you to tap on to. :)
btw: Im not trying to instult you, or flame you, Its just some harmless fun, as im sure yours was to. If not, thanks for careing =)
February 17, 2008, 11:00 AM
JoeTheOdd
Ron Paul.
February 17, 2008, 2:23 PM
Barabajagal
stfu realityripple.. i dont know what you said but i remember you being a moron hippy faggot... go vote for Obama, you Obamanation, or why not Hillary you fucking fag... since they have not a dime's worth of difference between them principle-wise.
[/quote]Too bad I said I didn't want either of them...
February 17, 2008, 7:28 PM
Invert
People that argue about this are tards. This was just a simple show of hands.
February 19, 2008, 10:12 AM
Ringo
Oh, damn! :P
Somone should tell warz that the general election are being held in the states, and not on Valhalla legends forums, before he does somthing stupid like commit suicide by jumping from the highest IRC channel he can find :'( hopefully chanserv did its job! ;)

[/quote]
Quoted so kids dont do drink and drugs! :D

Aside, since the discovery that the general election is not going to be held on valhalla legends forum after all, I enterd in the poll!
[quote]
John McCain   4 (23.5%)
Mike Huckabee   2 (11.8%)
Hillary Rodham Clinton   4 (23.5%)
Barack Obama   7 (41.2%)
[/quote]
Hillary Clinton should get her tits out, so she will get more votes (to put them away) :P
February 19, 2008, 12:43 PM
Spht
Reject vs Denounce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTK_WsgxHJQ

"Denounce" isn't a strong enough word for Hillary.  "Reject" is better

denounce

To condemn or censure openly or publicly: to denounce a politician as morally corrupt
To condemn openly as being evil or reprehensible

reject

To refuse to have, take, recognize, etc.: to reject the offer of a better job
To refuse to accept, submit to, believe, or make use of
February 27, 2008, 5:49 PM
l2k-Shadow
I proudly support the Democratic Party but not Hillary Clinton.

OBAMA 08 :D
February 28, 2008, 2:57 AM
St0rm.iD
everyone who supports obama is likely a trendwhore
March 2, 2008, 2:24 AM
Invert
[quote author=Banana fanna fo fanna link=topic=17324.msg176763#msg176763 date=1204424650]
everyone who supports obama is likely a trendwhore
[/quote]

I was talking to a friend I have not seen since school and we were talking about how things changed and about politics. He told me that he supports Obama. I asked, why? He said, "He would make a great president." I asked him why does he think that and if he knows of his political accomplishments or his positions? He said that he does not know of any of his accomplishments or much for what he stands for.

I can't find anyone that can tell me any of Obama's accomplishments that supports him.

This is what Obama supporters look like:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zaTwVWgFw7o&feature=related

I do not support Clinton but this is funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybd7MUixxyg

More lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iwcupp82I3A&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eqOaVbznE5o&feature=related
March 3, 2008, 12:50 AM
Spht
[quote author=Invert link=topic=17324.msg176768#msg176768 date=1204505433]
This is what Obama supporters look like:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zaTwVWgFw7o&feature=related
[/quote]

Fox news?  you should know better

Instead of asking a fox news focus group, let's ask some random obama and clinton supporters:

Obama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kica8hmSdAM
Clinton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htD8v2t81h4

[quote author=Invert link=topic=17324.msg176768#msg176768 date=1204505433]
More lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iwcupp82I3A&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eqOaVbznE5o&feature=related
[/quote]

What about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEOjttmqIrc

You should really research the story behind those links before passing judgment.  for instance, deval is one of obama's national co-chairs who gave him the line and suggested he used it, so not exactly plagiarism
March 3, 2008, 3:14 AM
Invert
What is wrong with Fox News? Are you saying it's any worse than CNN or other news networks? They are all the same to me.

Those were Obama supporters that they were asking questions and not a Fox News focus group. Why did you not pick on the MSNBC's Chris Matthews video?

The videos you posted are of an Obama supporter that knows what his candidate’s positions are and the Clinton supporter did not know what Clinton’s positions are. They are just two people. I can find you a person that knows about Clinton’s positions and an Obama supporter does not know anything about Obama but still supports him (like my friend).

Still, in that Obama supporter video there is no answer to the question:  What are Barack Hussein Obama's political accomplishments?  I’ll help out with this; Obama has done nothing as a senator to back up any of his positions or his future promises.
If he has done nothing as a senator, what makes you think he will do something as the president? Every politician makes promises and chooses one side or the other, but not many do anything about those promises. Believing in promises a candidate makes without questioning his/her past work record and accomplishments (if he or she had any) is ridiculous.

Becoming a president of the United States is just like applying for a job, experience and past work history is important. Just promising your potential employer that you will do a good job without being able to back up your promises will never get you the job. Unfortunately, United States is full of illogical and mentally blind individuals.
March 4, 2008, 12:16 AM
Barabajagal
Wrong!

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/20/opinion/edkristof.php
March 4, 2008, 2:04 AM
Quarantine
Experience (especially in the fucked up state of America today) is not something I would go championing around.
It's good to have an open mind, and good judgment.

Hilary may have "experience", but she's also an evil lying bitch who resorts to mudslinging and crying on national TV when things do not go her way.

She blew her chance at the nomination unless she uses super delegates to go against the popular vote. The two states with the biggest delegate counts left TX/OH she had a chance, but the primaries were so close she was barely to keep up with her previous difference between delegates. (She netted four delegates).

So she needs nothing short of a miracle (Also called winning by over 60% in the remaining states, assuming Florida and Michigan remain disqualified -- which looking at the logistics behind the whole thing seems very likely) in the remaining states to still be relevant by the Democratic Convention.

This past Tuesday was not a victory for Hilary Clinton, it was the last nail in the coffin. Now she's two states less, and Obama has the same lead he held before.
March 8, 2008, 3:37 AM
Spht
In other news, it turns out obama actually won texas
March 8, 2008, 3:58 AM
Quarantine
[quote author=Spht link=topic=17324.msg176862#msg176862 date=1204948690]
In other news, it turns out obama actually won texas
[/quote]

Lol! Oh man.

I'm not so sure how well he's going to do in my home state of PA, it's pretty Pro-Hilary here. We'll see.
March 8, 2008, 6:00 AM

Search