Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Warcraft | Private realms.

AuthorMessageTime
crankycefx
Hey,

How do you like private realms? (general question.)
It's similar to the PTR, really, just usually there's bugs that have to be worked out somewhere, depending on what the admins have been doing.

I'm reading/investigating 'Ascent', the server that emulates WoW.  I think that a private realm oriented towards Arena would flourish greatly.
I'll need help with some of the upkeep / fixing with the coding, and someone who is good with PHP/web stats/web design and so on.
My thoughts initially were of this:
A PvP realm with Arena setup and working, instant 70 status, instant gear access.  Some kind of reward/currency setup for higher ranked teams.
And so on.  Lots to go on, from that.
February 14, 2008, 3:53 PM
Hostile
I use Reaper-X, its great. If I ever get the desire to play then I can just go on there and not worry about farming and all that other nonsense that makes it unappealing for someone who just wants to pick up and play, not devote life to. Also notably since I've seen all the 1-60 content and still remember almost all of it, having control of own server makes it easier to do whatever I want.

Reaper-X itself is updated quite regularly, works good, could use some work on the non end game instances but other then that I havent had any problems with it. I've never had more then 7 people on it before though, so not sure how good it is under stress. Rarely ever crashes.
February 16, 2008, 12:17 AM
dRAgoN
[quote author=Hostile link=topic=17322.msg176402#msg176402 date=1203121077]
I use Reaper-X, its great. If I ever get the desire to play then I can just go on there and not worry about farming and all that other nonsense that makes it unappealing for someone who just wants to pick up and play, not devote life to. Also notably since I've seen all the 1-60 content and still remember almost all of it, having control of own server makes it easier to do whatever I want.

Reaper-X itself is updated quite regularly, works good, could use some work on the non end game instances but other then that I havent had any problems with it. I've never had more then 7 people on it before though, so not sure how good it is under stress. Rarely ever crashes.
[/quote]
What you running it on, specs wise.
February 16, 2008, 9:41 AM
Hostile
I usually just run it on my laptop, which is 2ghz core2 duo and 2gb of ram. It isn't that demanding, but I suppose I could devote something to run it if I planned on keeping it up contiuously or had more people on it.
February 21, 2008, 4:36 AM
warz
I'd play on a private realm. Would be cool if we could actually get 25 people on it to raid, and finish dungeons.
February 22, 2008, 11:00 PM

Search