Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Monitor Issue

AuthorMessageTime
inner.
I recently bought a Samsung 22" monitor. Plugged it all in, very excited about it. As I kept using it, I didn't even see that it was there, but when I watched a movie or when the background was a dark color, I could see it. It's a whiteish transparent maybe half inch thick line that is at the very tip top. I've tried setting different resolutions, setting the brightness, etc.. nothing seems to make it stop. Some people say it's my electrical wiring, that the monitor is at fault.. there is plenty of things it could be. The thing is, is that when I turn it off for a period of time, then turn it back on, it isn't there. But after maybe.. 3 minutes it slowly creeps up, like it's time related.

So I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered this before, or heard of this happening to other people. And if so, you could share some knowledge on how to fix this. Thanks :)
February 9, 2008, 6:19 AM
Explicit[nK]
Take it back to the store and try to get it replaced. Unless it's a graphic card issue, I think you might have a faulty monitor that might have been mishandled enroute.

I ran into quite a few of those back when I did retail, but I could be wrong.
February 9, 2008, 9:53 AM
MysT_DooM
maybe Defective Pixel?
February 9, 2008, 6:04 PM
inner.
It could be that "hot pixel". But I don't know how I would fix that though, heh.
February 9, 2008, 11:05 PM
Ringo
Sounds like somthing magnetic might be close to the monitor, it fits the description anyway, all apart from it being a line.
How thick is the line? if its thin, it would fit the description of a lose wire behind the screen thats magnetic field is distorting it.
Sounds magnetic related anyway, they normaly discharge when turned off after awhile.

I havent had this problem my self, but had it happen to my TV with a magnet before.
February 9, 2008, 11:32 PM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=vuther.de link=topic=17310.msg176234#msg176234 date=1202598329]
It could be that "hot pixel". But I don't know how I would fix that though, heh.
[/quote]

It should still be covered under the manufacturer's warranty if not the store's. Take it in!
February 9, 2008, 11:41 PM
inner.
I took it to where I bought it (Circuit City) and it didn't happen. That's why I think it's probably time related, or could be the "hot pixel", since over time the monitor get's hot.
February 10, 2008, 12:43 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=vuther.de link=topic=17310.msg176244#msg176244 date=1202604184]
I took it to where I bought it (Circuit City) and it didn't happen. That's why I think it's probably time related, or could be the "hot pixel", since over time the monitor get's hot.
[/quote]

You should leave it plugged in at Circuit City and kill time; a manufacturer defect is still a defect, and you should get what you paid for.
February 10, 2008, 3:26 AM
inner.
The line isn't very noticable, only I noticed it because I was watching a movie, but yea, a defect is a defect, and I should get what I pay for. I'll take it over there another time and plug it in and wait.
February 10, 2008, 5:11 AM
inner.
Well.. now after about 14 days, there's a solid back line at the top, about 3cm. If I bring my mouse to it, it doesn't go beyond it. Any ideas on what the problem could be? I had 14 days to send this back, and I think it's too late now. =/

It could of been there already, but I don't think so.
February 16, 2008, 12:22 AM
Explicit[nK]
At this point, you need to take it up with the manufacturer.
February 17, 2008, 7:28 PM

Search