Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Warcraft | I know grok is better...

AuthorMessageTime
shout
But my guild finally got Vashj down today. Woot!
[img]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3917/vashjdowncg4.jpg[/img]
February 3, 2008, 12:09 AM
dRAgoN
good stuff.
February 9, 2008, 9:49 PM
Grok
Grats!  Good feeling to clear an instance.

How are you doing on Tempest Keep?

You know the BT/BfMH attunement requirements have been removed.  You'll be able to go in and loot up Naj'entus, Supremus, Shade of Akama with ease.
Also there will be BT quality loot from badges ....
February 11, 2008, 6:16 AM
dRAgoN
[quote author=Grok link=topic=17295.msg176289#msg176289 date=1202710590]

You know the BT/BfMH attunement requirements have been removed.  You'll be able to go in and loot up Naj'entus, Supremus, Shade of Akama with ease.
[/quote]
The atunement removed this patch coming?
Because I have tryed jumping in hyjel to suicide for the hell of it but need the rep from the vials quest lol, even after from what I understood was soposed to have been removed a few patchs back.
February 12, 2008, 11:47 AM
shout
[quote author=Grok link=topic=17295.msg176289#msg176289 date=1202710590]

[/quote]

We're on Kael right now... we get to phase 4 but we have too many dead.
February 13, 2008, 3:14 AM
Grok
Strongly suggest you give Grid a try.  There are two parts you should download, the core Grid, and Grid Layout for Healers.

Hope you don't mind, I checked out your spec.
Why did you elect to skip Spirit of Redemption?  Spirit is everything to holy priests, and that gives +5% spirit off everything, not just your base.
You could also give up Holy Specialization as the extra 5% crit is pretty meaningless to us.
Drop a couple points in Spell Warding and you'll live longer, especially with your lower HP in your current gear (which will improve rapidly as you enter Hyjal/BT, so no worries there).
Holy Concentration is awesome, get it.  Procs all the time and its a free heal.  Thats definitely worth two points you took from Holy Specialization.
And with subtlety on your cloak already, you don't need 5/5 Silent Resolve.  Drop points from Silent Resolve until you start drawing agro regularly, then put one back in.  Depends a lot on how good your tanks are at generating more threat than your healing.
You can move 3 into Imp Shield and have points left over to play with.

The rest looks really good though, Circle of Healing is so overpowered.  Oh if you haven't noticed, recent changes actually makes Prayer of Healing work out better than individual Greater Heals on each person in your party, which was true for a while.

Speaking of GHeals, if you're casting Flash Heals, stop doing it.  Your Greater Heal to Flash Heal ratio should be pretty high, at least 3:1 maybe 10:1 when you get comfortable with it.  One of our priests has stopped casting Flash Heal entirely, even removed it from his bindings and toolbar.  If you need to cast a 1.5 sec heal, make it a Binding Heal ... a little more expensive but if there's a need for a flash heal, its highly probable you're going to take damage too.  Binding Heal should not be spammed, but definitely on a key binding.

Make your top 3 heals, in any order:
Circle of Healing
Greater Heal
Prayer of Mending

followed by:
Renew

then
Binding Heal

Your guild will think you're a god.
February 13, 2008, 11:12 PM
shout
[quote author=Grok link=topic=17295.msg176359#msg176359 date=1202944379]
Strongly suggest you give Grid a try.  There are two parts you should download, the core Grid, and Grid Layout for Healers.

Hope you don't mind, I checked out your spec.
Why did you elect to skip Spirit of Redemption?  Spirit is everything to holy priests, and that gives +5% spirit off everything, not just your base.
You could also give up Holy Specialization as the extra 5% crit is pretty meaningless to us.
Drop a couple points in Spell Warding and you'll live longer, especially with your lower HP in your current gear (which will improve rapidly as you enter Hyjal/BT, so no worries there).
Holy Concentration is awesome, get it.  Procs all the time and its a free heal.  Thats definitely worth two points you took from Holy Specialization.
And with subtlety on your cloak already, you don't need 5/5 Silent Resolve.  Drop points from Silent Resolve until you start drawing agro regularly, then put one back in.  Depends a lot on how good your tanks are at generating more threat than your healing.
You can move 3 into Imp Shield and have points left over to play with.

The rest looks really good though, Circle of Healing is so overpowered.  Oh if you haven't noticed, recent changes actually makes Prayer of Healing work out better than individual Greater Heals on each person in your party, which was true for a while.

Speaking of GHeals, if you're casting Flash Heals, stop doing it.  Your Greater Heal to Flash Heal ratio should be pretty high, at least 3:1 maybe 10:1 when you get comfortable with it.  One of our priests has stopped casting Flash Heal entirely, even removed it from his bindings and toolbar.  If you need to cast a 1.5 sec heal, make it a Binding Heal ... a little more expensive but if there's a need for a flash heal, its highly probable you're going to take damage too.  Binding Heal should not be spammed, but definitely on a key binding.

Make your top 3 heals, in any order:
Circle of Healing
Greater Heal
Prayer of Mending

followed by:
Renew

then
Binding Heal

Your guild will think you're a god.
[/quote]

This is a test spec, just trying things out. :)
Here is the spec I settled on: PWN
I'll try a copy of your spec, and your grid mod.
February 14, 2008, 3:43 PM

Search