Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Handy utility for bot devs

AuthorMessageTime
EvilCheese
I've decided to release a cut-down version of the bnet packet logger package I created when I was writing the network core of my bot in the hopes it will be of use to someone else.

It logs all BNCS packets (including connection and chat packets) and features decoding of a few of the more regularly troublesome ones (0x50 /0x51) so you can see exactly what's going on.

It also has a couple of other handy features (bnet compatible NoCD loader and an automatic 2-stage dll injector).

You can grab it here:

http://cheese.ninjazone.net/loader.zip (~44k)

Full usage instructions are in the readme.txt contained in the zip.

Do note that it is only compatible with Windows NT/2000/XP, so 9x / ME users needn't bother.... or should upgrade :P

Edit: It also requires Starcraft: Brood War to run, I neglected to mention.
June 29, 2003, 1:54 AM
c0ol
why is it cut down?
June 29, 2003, 11:59 PM
EvilCheese
[quote]
why is it cut down?
[/quote]

Because the full version does some stuff I thought it best not to include in a public release. :)
June 30, 2003, 12:16 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=EvilCheese link=board=17;threadid=1728;start=0#msg13224 date=1056932216]
Because the full version does some stuff I thought it best not to include in a public release. :)
[/quote]

Such as? Or would be bad to tell?
June 30, 2003, 1:25 AM
EvilCheese
Why does it make that big a difference to you?

I fail to see any benefit you or anyone else would gain from knowing the capabilities of software that's never going to become available.

What's here I released because it's potentially useful, and.. as far as I can tell.... non-damaging, even in the "wrong" hands. :)
June 30, 2003, 2:34 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=EvilCheese link=board=17;threadid=1728;start=0#msg13245 date=1056940483]
Why does it make that big a difference to you?

I fail to see any benefit you or anyone else would gain from knowing the capabilities of software that's never going to become available.

What's here I released because it's potentially useful, and.. as far as I can tell.... non-damaging, even in the "wrong" hands. :)
[/quote]

Why do I want to know? Because I find it nice to know what new ideas people have come up with. Beside there's a curosity factor when you say "I thought it best not to include in a public release."
June 30, 2003, 2:44 AM
c0ol
all this "i dont think the full version should be available to the public" is bs. please dont patronize the viewers of the forum with ur attempts to feel elite by hoarding information because its "too elite for the public".
June 30, 2003, 4:47 AM
DarkMinion
c0ol, we've all heard your opinions on open source 1000x over, you don't need to keep rehashing them...
June 30, 2003, 5:10 AM
DrivE
I agree with c0ol on this actually... nothing is ever THAT original.

!~!HaZaRD!~!
June 30, 2003, 2:37 PM
Camel
c0ol, when the source is intended specificly to help the newest of the newbies, sometimes it's best to cut some of the more complex ideas. That makes for less places to get hung up on. EvilCheese is in no way obligated to give away all or part of his code.

[quote author=HaZarD link=board=17;threadid=1728;start=0#msg13297 date=1056983866]I agree with c0ol on this actually... nothing is ever THAT original.[/quote]
Nothing? So BNLS is just a copycat login system? BNetDocs is just an MSDN clone? While I agree that many bots and utilities are simply just a collection of leaked sources, your statement is blatantly untrue. Everything is original once.
June 30, 2003, 11:26 PM

Search