Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | marijuana: to be legal or not?

AuthorMessageTime
UserLoser
discuss
January 12, 2008, 9:49 AM
dlStevens
Legal, I think it'd probably bring down crime rates more than anything. Marijuana is probably one of the most less dangerous drugs out there. Yet it's illegal? That's just dumb. It's been proved to have many wonderful affects that come from it, as well as it does have some bad ones. But what doesn't? Cigarettes are legal and they're proved to be addictive, and cause cancer for the most part. Alcohol as well has been known to cause liver cancer, and it can be additive if over used. I know there are more alcoholics and people addicted to cigarettes and prescription drugs then marijuana users.
January 12, 2008, 5:45 PM
Ringo
ofc :)
It should be ones free choice what they do with there own health, so long as the effect on others is at a minimal.
I think research currently points to alcohol being more damaging to ones health (And probly modern society) than marijuana and ecstasy. MP's just dont have the balls to stand up and say it.
I mean who really has a right to say if somone can or cant use marijuana in there free time, unless that persion is property, be that property of modern society or otherwise.

Lets take some basic side effects into consideration and compare them:
Lazzyness:
    marijuana converts phisical energy into mental energy giving the effect of lazzyness.
    All this energy going into thought, is not mentaly healthy for some.
    This is seen as bad for a goverment that wants a large percent of the population to do hard labor. :)

General paranoia:
    Picture this, you buy some hash, you know its illegal, you have never smoked it before.
    You put the hash in your pocket and start walking home.
    You become paranoid that you may get spot checked by the police and get arrested.
    (Yep, short term freedom down the shitter)
    When you get home, you smoke some hash, your thoughts (which already consists of paranoia) start to amplify.

Social paranoia:
    Does it even exist, other than for natural reassions, when in the company of people who smoke it, dont judge or careless?

Depression:
    Nature has blessed us with ignorance and false sences of reality, to deal with the vast complexity of life.
    When over-riding that with thought, one should respect it and take note that, reall truth is normaly somthing that induces dislike.
    You can find your self with a whole new out look on reality and all its complexitys you care or find your self trying to figger out.

I persionaly dont think i would be here now if it wasnt for hash.
I soon got into hard drugs as a teenager, after jacking school at 12 years old (with ADHD, dislexic and some other stuff i cant spell), but soon made the wise chose of settleing for the softest one as it had the most therapeutic effect, with minimal side effects.
When i smoke it, my ADHD turns to ADD as I no longer rage with phisical enery, which then turns to DD as i can then foces my mind/attention on anything i chose.
DD is basicly nothing :)
I also self thought my self how to use a PC, the writen english language in away people could understand me, program and tons of other things.
Many things I could have NEVER done and still cant, with out hash.
My lap times when me and m8s go gokarting are always 1.5+ seconds average alap faster than when I go stoned. (on a 16 - 18 second round lap)
My 3rd driving lession went totaly flawless compared to all the other times, as i forgot about the lession and was high by the time i rememberd. My driving instructor couldnt work it out :)
I drive like a total nut case on the road when im not stoned, but when i drive stoned, im alot more calculating when it comes to risk taking and general safty for me and other road users.
Anything i do that requires mental power, i seem to do alot better why stoned.
I got into drugs as a no hoper, and came out the other end as a scientist with vast knowlage of my self and how my mind functions. Drugs were/are just my scientific machinery/masureing tools/probes or w/e :)

Hash also makes you type out really long posts ranting on about shit :P
Just a small fraction of my to many views on this subject :(
It normaly rolls down to "who has ownership of you?"

I say make it legal, tax it, use the tax to educate kids.
In the UK, my generation was high, but the new generation is much much worse.
Its just a matter of time i think, untill the old generations die and the new generations inherit power.
It would stop some of the econemy from the tricking into crime world, thats for sure.
January 12, 2008, 6:22 PM
dlStevens
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=17260.msg175759#msg175759 date=1200162174]
ofc :)
It should be ones free choice what they do with there own health, so long as the effect on others is at a minimal.
I think research currently points to alcohol being more damaging to ones health (And probly modern society) than marijuana and ecstasy. MP's just dont have the balls to stand up and say it.
I mean who really has a right to say if somone can or cant use marijuana in there free time, unless that persion is property, be that property of modern society or otherwise.

Lets take some basic side effects into consideration and compare them:
Lazzyness:
    marijuana converts phisical energy into mental energy giving the effect of lazzyness.
    This is seen as bad for a goverment that wants a large percent of the population to do hard labor. :)

General paranoia:
    Picture this, you buy some hash, you know its illegal, you have never smoked it before.
    You put the hash in your pocket and start walking home.
    You become paranoid that you may get spot checked by the police and get arrested.
    (Yep, short term freedom down the shitter)
    When you get home, you smoke some hash, your thoughts (which already consists of paranoia) start to amplify.

Social paranoia:
    Does it even exist, other than for natural reassions, when in the company of people who smoke it, dont judge or careless?

Depression:
    Nature has blessed us with ignorance and false sences of reality, to deal with the vast complexity of life.
    When over-riding that with thought, one should respect it and take note that, reall truth is normaly somthing that induces dislike.
    You can find your self with a whole new out look on reality and all its complexitys you care or find your self trying to figger out.

I soon got into hard drugs as a teenager, after jacking school at 12 years old (with ADHD, dislexic and some other stuff i cant spell), but soon made the wise chose of settleing for the softest one as it had the most therapeutic effect, with minimal side effects.
When i smoke it, my ADHD turns to ADD as I no longer rage with phisical enery, which then turns to DD as i can then foces my mind/attention on anything i chose.
DD is basicly nothing :)
I also self thought my self how to use a PC, the writen english language in away people could understand me, program and tons of other things.
Many things I could have NEVER done and still cant, with out hash.
My lap times when me and m8s go gokarting are always 1.5+ seconds average alap faster than when I go stoned. (on a 16 - 18 second round lap)
My 3rd driving lession went totaly flawless compared to all the other times, as i forgot about the lession and was high by the time i rememberd. My driving instructor couldnt work it out :)
I drive like a total nut case on the road when im not stoned, but when i drive stoned, im alot more calculating when it comes to risk taking and general safty for me and other road users.
Anything i do that requires mental power, i seem to do alot better why stoned.
I got into drugs as a no hoper, and came out the other end as a scientist with vast knowlage of my self and how my mind functions. Drugs were/are just my scientific machinery/masureing tools/probes or w/e :)

Hash also makes you type out really long posts ranting on about shit :P
Just a small fraction of my to many views on this subject :(
It normaly rolls down to "who has ownership of you?"

I say make it legal, tax it, use the tax to educate kids.
In the UK, my generation was high, but the new generation is much much worse.
Its just a matter of time i think, untill the old generations die and the new generations inherit power.
It would stop some of the econemy from the tricking into crime world, thats for sure.
[/quote]

I-Love-You.
January 12, 2008, 7:03 PM
Newby
[/quote]

Posting in an epic thread. LOL.
January 12, 2008, 9:51 PM
Spht
Found a video of ringo
January 12, 2008, 11:46 PM
dlStevens
[quote author=Spht link=topic=17260.msg175775#msg175775 date=1200181583]
Found a video of ringo
[/quote]

That is so yesterday. So old.
January 13, 2008, 2:28 AM
BreW
Found a video of ringo
[/quote]
Ringo does have a few good points. But yes, this is true. Drug users tend to believe that they are oh-so much smarter then they really are, for the most part. See: my topic on overestimation of one's own skills. Nobody expects much from people who drop out of school at 6th grade, but Ringo did a good job imo. He's a software developer, and a huge pothead at the same time. You've gotta hand it to him.
January 13, 2008, 3:26 AM
dlStevens
Drugs can theoretically do amazing things and are mysterious at times. I have a friend who's a wicked huge pot head and at the same time he's an alcoholic (but won't admit it) But he's a total genius...At like every subject really. He's street smart, and logically smart.
January 13, 2008, 4:28 AM
MysT_DooM
if we were to legalize weed and start taxing it, that would cause another problem. From the viewpoint that weed is the "gateway drug",  that would mean the gateway would be more easy to get to now if it were legal.

January 13, 2008, 4:34 AM
dlStevens
[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=17260.msg175789#msg175789 date=1200198860]
if we were to legalize weed and start taxing it, that would cause another problem. From the viewpoint that weed is the "gateway drug",  that would mean the gateway would be more easy to get to now if it were legal.

[/quote]

But it' already been stated with factual proof that Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.

I'll post the source if I can find it again.

EDIT: This isn't exactly, what I read before in another article on gateway drugs, but this should sum it up.

http://www.bombshock.com/file10/3.html-AltHemp_-_Does_it_Doesnt_it_Is_it_true_that-998.htm
[quote]
Isn't marijuana a gateway drug?
Doesn't it lead to use of harder drugs?

This is totally untrue. In fact, researchers are looking
into using marijuana to help crack addicts to quit. There
are 40 million people in this country (U.S.) who have smoked
marijuana for a period of their lives -- why aren't there
tens of millions of heroin users, then? In Amsterdam, both
marijuana use and heroin use went *down* after marijuana was
decriminalized -- even though there was a short rise in
cannabis use right after decriminalization. Unlike
addictive drugs, marijuana causes almost no tolerance. Some
people even report a reverse tolerance. That is, the longer
they have used the less marijuana they need to get `high.'
So users of marijuana do not usually get bored and `look for
something more powerful'. If anything, marijuana keeps
people from doing harder drugs.

The idea that using marijuana will lead you to use heroin or
speed is called the `gateway theory' or the `stepping stone
hypothesis.' It has been a favorite trick of the anti-drug
propaganda artists, because it casts marijuana as something
insidious with hidden dangers and pitfalls. There have
never been any real statistics to back this idea up, but
somehow it was the single biggest thing which the newspapers
yelled about during Reefer Madness II. (Perhaps this was
because the CIA was looking for someone to blame for the
increase in heroin use after Viet Nam.)

The gateway theory of drug use is no longer generally
accepted by the medical community. Prohibitionists used to
point at numbers which showed that a large percentage of the
hard drug users `started with marijuana.' They had it
backwards -- many hard drug users also use marijuana. There
are two reasons for this. One is that marijuana can be used
to `take the edge off' the effects of some hard drugs. The
other is a recently discovered fact of adolescent psychology
-- there is a personality type which uses drugs, basically
because drugs are exciting and dangerous, a thrill.<p>

On sociological grounds, another sort of gateway theory has
been argued which claims that marijuana is the source of the
drug subculture and leads to other drugs through that
culture. By the same token this is untrue -- marijuana does
not create the drug subculture, the drug subculture uses
marijuana. There are many marijuana users who are not a
part of the subculture.

This brings up another example of how marijuana legalization
could actually reduce the use of illicit drugs. Even though
there is no magical `stepping stone' effect, people who
choose to buy marijuana often buy from dealers who deal in
many different illegal drugs. This means that they have
access to illegal drugs, and might decide to try them out.
In this case it is the laws which lead to hard drug use. If
marijuana were legal, the drug markets would be separated,
and less people would start using the illegal drugs. Maybe
this is why emergency room admissions for hard drugs have
gone down in the states that decriminalized marijuana during
the 70's.
[/quote]
January 13, 2008, 4:42 AM
Ringo
Found a video of ringo
[/quote]
Shit! My true identity has been revealed! :D

In all honestly tho, I hate the idea that i maybe smarter than most.
My inner beast feeds off of it. :(
I like to think its in are nature to have ignorance geneticly harcoded within are selfs, but just because i like to think that, doesnt make it so. :P
The day I let my self believe im smart, is the day my arrogantness reconnects me back to the animal kingdom.
As much of a battle it is, I try my hardest to not let that happen :)

For along time now, I have been considering taking up quantum machanics but i fear my own arrogants will be used to compete with the vastness of arrogants I seem to see in the scientific comunity.
I saw a shrink only a few weeks ago and he asked me a few times, what books i have read to learn how my mind functions. He really struggled to grasp the fact that I dont read books, and worked most of it out my self. (My responce was, "you mean to say im making sence?")
Nore did he understand that hash is the driving force behind my desire to go into quantum machanics and almost all other things come to think of it.

Aside, my orginal post, is how i like to see it, and for that reassion alone, I advise not taking me so seriously :D
We all understand the consept of "seeing what you want to see" right? :P

[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=17260.msg175789#msg175789 date=1200198860]
[/quote]
I was gonner mention this in my orginal post, but thought I was ranting on to much about 1 line in a large scope of potential.
I can only/am only speaking of my own experiance.
The drug pusher in my experiance, was me. If anything, I was told not to go down that road by, what the school would call, "the drug pusher/dealer".
After over coming the fear of droping down dead or become hooked, smoking hash as my 1st drug (besides getting totaly drunk rather often) it soon became clear to me that the school were working with fear monger tactics.
Then it kinda goes with out saying, If they can be so wrong about hash then there whole consept kinda falls apart, leaving you nothing to do other than to go and find out these things for your self.
As i said before tho, I soon found my self backing away from harder drugs, including drinking mainly because somthing inside of me really liked them.
If anything, the shit schooling/facts on drugs was the gateway for me.

And im ranting again arnt I >_<
Easy to do when I seem to spend more time thinking about things than i do sleeping or anything else.

I often think, "why the hell did i get into this shit", but i dont think i would be who i am today if i didnt.
I dont really like my life, but there is no gain with out pain, right? :p I will keep telling my self that anyway.
As i said to my shrink, "if i stop smoking hash, will the world stop being shit?"

Language is nothing more than poetry when it comes to expressing thoughts.
If tryiung to express my thoughts comes across as trying to be smart, thats because im struggleing to find the words that best explain what im thinking.

shit im ranting again, im gonner go get high, sorted.

Back to business tbh ;)
[img]http://www.solarnavigator.net/animal_kingdom/animal_images/Chimpanzee_thinking_poster.jpg[/img]
January 13, 2008, 6:01 AM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=brew link=topic=17260.msg175785#msg175785 date=1200194800]
Drug users tend to believe that they are oh-so much smarter then they really are, for the most part.
[/quote]

I see what you did there.
January 14, 2008, 5:34 PM
Ringo
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=17260.msg175801#msg175801 date=1200332075]
Drug users tend to believe that they are oh-so much smarter then they really are, for the most part.
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol :)

Brew: Why do athletes risk being banned for taking drugs, Is it because they think they can perform better on drugs than they do off drugs, or do they really perform better on drugs, both or none?
I think dale already understands effects of drugs very well :)

Anyway im very interested in hearing other peoples views, experiances good or bad, effect on every day life or any other changes or effects you/somone you know has gone through because of marijuana. Im simperphetic of all views.
I posted my experiances to give a view point to those who have little or no experiances of marijuana, in the hope I could get a better insight my self.
As UL bluntly put it, "discuss" :)

As for all the mind stuff im on about, you could put it like this:
The sub conscious throws the ball and the conscious mind smacks it.
If you start to really think about how your thoughts are generated and change the way you smack the ball, it will slowly change the way your sub conscious mind throws it.
Are brains deal with 4 billion bits of infomation every second (3 inchs@speed of light), yet are conscious mind only intercepts around 2000 bits of infomation a second. There is alot we can improove on. I see are conscious mind as little more than an observer of are sub conscious.
We all have quantum computers in the back of are heads, right?
Useing drugs can help you better your own mind, and at the same time, can also unlock crazzyness. However you dont need drugs, but it does help.
Its abit of a pandora's box, probe and change at your own risk. Are heads are full of "mother natures fire walls" that allow you to open/close your mind to new ideas/infomation coming in from your sences, based on pre-experiance and genetics, conscious or otherwise.
I have been trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6, but its slow ongoing progress, making the software generate, learn and test many algorithms to compare new infomation with old, as well as learning/testing its own way of storing them. Basicly working on making software able to self-smarted its self. ;)

hm anyway im drifting off topic here and working on mostly theory, but all links in with my marijuana useage.

What are you views and experiances?
January 15, 2008, 9:53 AM
shout
IMO I have seen way worse effects from alcohol than marijuana. I'm all for legalization, but I also think a stupid amount of control should be put on it and it should be taxed the hell out of.

I don't know about Ringo's quantum mechanics, but I find I do some things better while stoned, like making music or doing homework. Whenever I was stoned doing homework I would always go into some sort of reverse apathetic "I really don't care, so I'll do my homework" mode.

I know for a fact not being able to smoke in the Navy is going to be hard for the next 4 1/2 years. :(
January 15, 2008, 10:25 AM
dlStevens
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=17260.msg175831#msg175831 date=1200390822]
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=17260.msg175801#msg175801 date=1200332075]
[/quote]

[/quote]
making software able to self-smarted its self. ;)
[/quote]

I see what you did there :)

No, but really, back on topic.

I believe what Ringo is saying, he's definitely thinking outside the box, I to really believe our minds are capable of some really, phenomenal things but we really haven't even reached the half out it yet. Imagine, if marijuana was legal? I think you'd gradually start to see a incline in the united states educational status. I think we'd develop greater and more fascinating machines. The affects of drugs are truly amazing and whether everyone believes it or not, they do help with tasks that don't necessarily revolve around partying.
January 15, 2008, 1:24 PM
BreW
I have been trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6, but its slow ongoing progress, making the software generate, learn and test many algorithms to compare new infomation with old, as well as learning/testing its own way of storing them. Basicly working on making software able to self-smarted its self.
[/quote]

Of course heruistics would be slow in VB6. Use C.
As for your theory itself, why would you want software to think the way we do? Sure, there is a great deal of potential, but in the process your software inherits the greatest problem of all: ourselves.
January 15, 2008, 1:39 PM
dlStevens
[quote author=brew link=topic=17260.msg175835#msg175835 date=1200404342]
I have been trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6, but its slow ongoing progress, making the software generate, learn and test many algorithms to compare new infomation with old, as well as learning/testing its own way of storing them. Basicly working on making software able to self-smarted its self.
[/quote]

As for your theory itself, why would you want software to think the way we do? Sure, there is a great deal of potential, but in the process your software inherits the greatest problem of all: ourselves.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? lol
January 15, 2008, 2:38 PM
BreW
[quote author=Dale link=topic=17260.msg175836#msg175836 date=1200407891]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What are you talking about? lol
[/quote]
Can you not read ringo's post....?
January 15, 2008, 4:50 PM
Spht
[quote author=brew link=topic=17260.msg175840#msg175840 date=1200415856]
Can you not read ringo's post....?
[/quote]

I think he was referring to your post, not ringo's
January 15, 2008, 5:28 PM
BreW
I don't get what's so hard to understand. Ringo was talking about "trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6" which obviously is refering to software heruistics, and it shows he's trying to create some form of AI. This is why I said, why would he want it to emulate OUR minds? our minds are far from ideal.
January 15, 2008, 6:20 PM
dlStevens
[quote author=brew link=topic=17260.msg175842#msg175842 date=1200421209]
I don't get what's so hard to understand. Ringo was talking about "trying to emulate the functions of are minds in vb6" which obviously is refering to software heruistics, and it shows he's trying to create some form of AI. This is why I said, why would he want it to emulate OUR minds? our minds are far from ideal.
[/quote]

Two things, 1). I don't really vividly remembering posting what I did. 2). This topic is more about the use of Marijuana and expressing our political views on whether it should be legalized or not.  :P
January 15, 2008, 8:08 PM
MysT_DooM
[/quote]

I don't know about you, but my mind is very ideal.
January 15, 2008, 9:24 PM
Myndfyr
Found a video of ringo
[/quote]LOL
but Ringo did a good job imo. He's a software developer, and a huge pothead at the same time. You've gotta hand it to him.
[/quote]
Ringo might be an exception.  But at the same time, I don't see Ringo moving into a position where he's managing multi-million-dollar accounts or many other people. 

For one, his spelling and grammar are atrocious.  I don't just mean conversationally-understandable (there are occasionally misspellings on vendor websites, or confusion among "their," "there," and "they're" in most people's vernacular).  Ringo's is particularly bad, though:

Lazzyness:
[/quote]
"Laziness" - he actually has to type MORE to misspell the word.
Other words: "physical" and "mentally".

[/quote]
"Personally," "dyslexic," "settling," "energy," and "forces" are misspelled.

Ringo: I don't believe you have ADHD or ADD.  You get mellowed out by the pot, but if you truly had AD(H)D you wouldn't be able to "force your mind/attention on anything."  No, the fact is that you're probably just an asshole when you're not mellowed out, and you use that as an excuse to justify your use as something that you perceive as a legal and legitimate medical treatment.  Now, you may in fact be dyslexic, in which case it's probably not justified that I'm criticizing you for misspelling so many words.  However, you can spell "therapeutic," "marijuana", and a series of other much more complex words correctly.  Either way, your writing is far below the standard for someone your age.

And that brings me back to my first point.  A few misspellings here and there is certainly excusable in a professional environment, but when you can barely compose a coherent e-mail to a client in an efficient way, you'll have difficulty.

Brew: Why do athletes risk being banned for taking drugs, Is it because they think they can perform better on drugs than they do off drugs, or do they really perform better on drugs, both or none?[/quote]
Anabolic steroids are certainly VERY different than narcotics.

our minds are far from ideal.
[/quote]
Ah, true, but our minds are also wired in a way that we can't quite yet emulate effectively, and there are certainly some tasks to which our minds are better-suited than digital machines.

[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=17260.msg175850#msg175850 date=1200432260]
[/quote]
*gag*
January 15, 2008, 10:10 PM
dlStevens
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=17260.msg175852#msg175852 date=1200435017]
Found a video of ringo
[/quote]LOL
but Ringo did a good job imo. He's a software developer, and a huge pothead at the same time. You've gotta hand it to him.
[/quote]
Ringo might be an exception.  But at the same time, I don't see Ringo moving into a position where he's managing multi-million-dollar accounts or many other people. 

For one, his spelling and grammar are atrocious.  I don't just mean conversationally-understandable (there are occasionally misspellings on vendor websites, or confusion among "their," "there," and "they're" in most people's vernacular).  Ringo's is particularly bad, though:

Lazzyness:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ringo: I don't believe you have ADHD or ADD.  You get mellowed out by the pot, but if you truly had AD(H)D you wouldn't be able to "force your mind/attention on anything."  No, the fact is that you're probably just an asshole when you're not mellowed out, and you use that as an excuse to justify your use as something that you perceive as a legal and legitimate medical treatment.  Now, you may in fact be dyslexic, in which case it's probably not justified that I'm criticizing you for misspelling so many words.  However, you can spell "therapeutic," "marijuana", and a series of other much more complex words correctly.  Either way, your writing is far below the standard for someone your age.

And that brings me back to my first point.  A few misspellings here and there is certainly excusable in a professional environment, but when you can barely compose a coherent e-mail to a client in an efficient way, you'll have difficulty.

Brew: Why do athletes risk being banned for taking drugs, Is it because they think they can perform better on drugs than they do off drugs, or do they really perform better on drugs, both or none?[/quote]

[/quote]
Ah, true, but our minds are also wired in a way that we can't quite yet emulate effectively, and there are certainly some tasks to which our minds are better-suited than digital machines.

[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=17260.msg175850#msg175850 date=1200432260]
[/quote]
*gag*
[/quote]

Ouch.
January 15, 2008, 11:07 PM
Ringo
[/quote]
Slow as in, its slow progress trying to structure it -- if thats the right word.
But yea, VB6 is abit slow, thats what I like about it. It forces you to rethink how you code things. I have sort of stoped programming anyway, i think up a 5 year project almost every day :( you should see the 100's of unfinished projects i have on my pc. :o
By theory I was mainly talking about how the mind generates thought and what not.
And i dont mean "are minds", thats aiming abit high :P
But seems as i only have access to one mind (my own) its good referance to figger out how thoughts are compared and how patterns are detected etc.
Thats just a practical use of what I was on about.

[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=17260.msg175852#msg175852 date=1200435017]
Found a video of ringo
[/quote]LOL
[/quote]
I hope your not comparing  me to that actor in that video... :D
Im not an actor, im the reall thing :o
Im not in jail tho..

Lazzyness:
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I hope it hasnt taken you this long to figger out my spelling blows :D
I couldnt even spell my name when i left school and later learned all my grammar from bnet chatting, and we all know how bad most of them kids are ;)
That in mind, I think im not to bad compared to some.
Its how my mind pattern detects words, its not so sharp. (dyslexic)

I cant take credit for most of the words I got right, I used googles "did you mean?"
I got my bad spelling from my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great++ grandad, you should have seen how shit he was at reading/writeing cave paintings, no one thought he would beable to kill his 1st buffalo, but im sure he did in the end :P
Reading and writeing has been the way to pass infomation down to the next generation and has been done like this for 10,000's of years.
Some have been better than others, nobodys perfect.
I dont really know what your getting at tho, but i think i can safely say im already well aware of it :P
Im sure im better at some things than you are, thats what makes people differnt from one another.

[/quote]
Well, its enough for me to get disability benefits, which i dont really like being on.
Im not going to pretend to know what ADHD really is, but I have been diagnosed with it.
Im not the one you need to take that up with, im no doctor, nore do I want to be one.
If you were suggesting above, that I wont ever be in a high payed job, my answer is good.
You would be supprised how many times i have had the chance to make large amounts of money, and turned my nose up to them. I dont really want money, Im not greedy.
But ofc I could just be saying that to look self smarted :) who really cares?

[/quote]
Yeah, but I think your missing the point I was trying to make.
I was talking of drugs in general.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Thats because computers are currently way slower than the human brain. :(
Thats soon changing tho.

This topic is way off subject tbh.
Enough of your amusing views on my views and spelling, what are your views on marijuana, if you have any?
Pluck up some courage (if you care what ppl think) and post them :)

PS: My spelling is not atrocious, thats a understatement.
I would have used a dictionary, but im not sure if dictionary is even spelt right.
Retard is my middle name baby!
January 16, 2008, 12:15 AM
UserLoser
I don't know about you guys but MyndFyre seems like the stubborn person who is afraid to try anything because they fall for propoganda.  I smoke daily and look at stuff I always did/do.  Every job I've had I advanced so fast up the ladder to become a manager/supervisor (2), working with two jobs 60+ hours a week and being full time student I'm ok.

Not too long ago I was once like MyndFyre and so were my friends.  One night I was out with my brother and did it, it wasn't offered to me I asked for it.  I was thinking I only live once, and you cant die from this so why the hell not have some fun doing something new.  I introduced it to a few friends who said they always wondered what it would be like but wouldn't ever try it and ended up doing so and enjoying it.

Why I smoke it?  Relaxes you like no other, opens my mind to crazy new ideas and techniques to do things, and makes everything enjoyable.  I'll enjoy cutting the lawn when I fucking hate doing it.

Bad things?  Costs money, not only do the grams I .. er, cost $20 dollars but everytime someone buys a gram it turns into gas money, munchies money, and other stupid shit because it was fun at the time.  You have total control over your self and there has not ever been one proven death from it, hell, the other day on NBC 5 in Chicago they were talking about it as a possible for a cure for some cancers.

You can't say anything negative about it if you never did it.  And once you do it, you really do realize how many people out in this world really do do it.  How many times people said something to do and it really was marijuana related.  So many people out there talk in a "unspoken code" that every stoner will pickup on no matter who they are.  Tons of people do it daily, no matter what age.  Some of my managers at Target (including the 6-digit paid store managers) smoke weed daily.  Old people (30+ish) always seem to have some decent stuff for a good price.

Especially since you're a programmer (MyndFyre), it increases the amount you focus by a ton and makes things more enjoyable and easier to accomplish.  You'll find new ways to write code a million times better and organized than before (first hand experience).

I'm stoned off my ass right now as I wrote this post.  Please find grammer/puncuation errors.  I do believe Ringo said he isn't native to English.
January 16, 2008, 7:32 AM
dlStevens
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=17260.msg175862#msg175862 date=1200468777]
I don't know about you guys but MyndFyre seems like the stubborn person who is afraid to try anything because they fall for propoganda.  I smoke daily and look at stuff I always did/do.  Every job I've had I advanced so fast up the ladder to become a manager/supervisor (2), working with two jobs 60+ hours a week and being full time student I'm ok.

Not too long ago I was once like MyndFyre and so were my friends.  One night I was out with my brother and did it, it wasn't offered to me I asked for it.  I was thinking I only live once, and you cant die from this so why the hell not have some fun doing something new.  I introduced it to a few friends who said they always wondered what it would be like but wouldn't ever try it and ended up doing so and enjoying it.

Why I smoke it?  Relaxes you like no other, opens my mind to crazy new ideas and techniques to do things, and makes everything enjoyable.  I'll enjoy cutting the lawn when I fucking hate doing it.

Bad things?  Costs money, not only do the grams I .. er, cost $20 dollars but everytime someone buys a gram it turns into gas money, munchies money, and other stupid shit because it was fun at the time.  You have total control over your self and there has not ever been one proven death from it, hell, the other day on NBC 5 in Chicago they were talking about it as a possible for a cure for some cancers.

You can't say anything negative about it if you never did it.  And once you do it, you really do realize how many people out in this world really do do it.  How many times people said something to do and it really was marijuana related.  So many people out there talk in a "unspoken code" that every stoner will pickup on no matter who they are.  Tons of people do it daily, no matter what age.  Some of my managers at Target (including the 6-digit paid store managers) smoke weed daily.  Old people (30+ish) always seem to have some decent stuff for a good price.

Especially since you're a programmer (MyndFyre), it increases the amount you focus by a ton and makes things more enjoyable and easier to accomplish.  You'll find new ways to write code a million times better and organized than before (first hand experience).

I'm stoned off my ass right now as I wrote this post.  Please find grammer/puncuation errors.  I do believe Ringo said he isn't native to English.
[/quote]

One....two...three...four I declare a flame war! :)
January 16, 2008, 12:16 PM
Ringo
Sadly, im from the UK :(

I was going to mention somthing else, but must have slipped my mind.
Alot of my old friends who I used to know through smoking marijuana, have now become, over the last year, heroin and crack addicts.
Thats about how long the goverment over here have been mega clamping down on marijuana shipments, and then home grown "factorys", due to the very large numbers of peolpe who smoke it.
Marijuana Is probly one of the hardest common street drugs to get hold of overhere because of it.
Heroin is one of the most easyest and cheapest drugs about atm.
Alot of my old friends tryed it, due to not being able to get any marijuana for long periods of time, and are now full time junkies.

It kinda makes me sick how the goverment put tax payers money into fighting marijuana, blind to the fact its pushing people onto harder drugs, which are easyer to get hold of, making the whole issue 10 times worse. (ofc not everyone would go onto harder drugs)
I wunder how many peoples lives they are going to distroy in this manner before they figger out that they are doing more harm than good.
If they made it legal and tax'ed it, the money could be used to clamp down on drugs like heroin, and help people come off it.
Not to mention, better drug education in schools so kids know all the facts, effects and risks.

Crazzy world, crazzy goverments tbh

Give people what they want and they probly wont want it half as much.
The incompetence of the system is shocking :o
January 16, 2008, 12:55 PM
BreW
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=17260.msg175862#msg175862 date=1200468777]
[/quote]

Couldn't really find any grammar/punctuation errors, but found some spelling ones:
[quote]
Please find grammer/puncuation errors.
[/quote]
January 16, 2008, 6:43 PM
MyStiCaL
Since no one knows how to stay on topic on any thread on any part of this forum, I'd thought i'd put in my 2 cents.

I have always believed mary jane should be treated the same as alcohol, but the problem with that is you can't use a breathalizer to be tested when you get pulled over by a peace officer, so they'd have alot of problems detecting maryjane and they most certainly can't or have the time to just take everyone down to the station for a blood test. If they had some simple way by a machine device, to determine weather you were under the influnce of mary jane, im sure it could be legal n treated like alcohol with its same limitations and restrictions.

but because the furture is coming so fast, it'd be very hard to just one day legalize maryjane now, since some people including old people have grown to hate it thinkin its a very bad drug as years progressed, it'd just be out-raegous, the state would/might go into kaos from people that dont believe n maryjane like familys, mothers, fathers, church groups, drug free groups, all the people that are already n prison for maryjane weather its 1 day or life, it would be 2 much of a change for them to just make it legal.

this is why they have these medical cards to smoke maryjane, my brother has one, I'm feeling i might go get one to.

I didn't read half this topic as it was really big and not even on topic, I scanned through it, n i have to say, WAHHH you want me to call the wammmmmbulance.. i don't have good puncuation nor grammer, or spell correctly, get your pantys n a bunch else where.
January 16, 2008, 8:05 PM
Barabajagal
Why is weed illegal when salvia's not? That's what I want to know.
January 23, 2008, 2:09 AM
Rule
Ecstasy is not safe (compared to alcohol, marijuana, or most other things), Ringo.  I have friends who are medical doctors, and according to them, it's not uncommon to see people who have developed Parkinson's disease, or have even become paralyzed, through ecstasy use.

January 23, 2008, 2:22 AM
Barabajagal
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_media1.shtml
January 23, 2008, 2:29 AM
Rule
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17260.msg175929#msg175929 date=1201055371]
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_media1.shtml
[/quote]

That link doesn't change the fact that patients have come to my friends, days after having taken ecstasy, permanently afflicted with Parkinson's, or paralyzed.  It doesn't change the fact that ecstasy (especially "street ecstasy") has been rigorously linked to these problems.

Posting a link to a questionable website, with no comments, or anything meaningful to accompany the link, adds nothing to this discussion.
January 23, 2008, 3:15 AM
Barabajagal
Erowid is actually a pretty damn good site. And that page pretty much gives you the reason for the Parkinson's disease.

"...2002 "single dose of ecstasy causes Parkinson's" paper was invalid because his lab gave methamphetamine to the primates instead of MDMA."

E is laced with all kinds of things, and the most common these days is meth. E is not the cause, meth is. E has many problems, and I'd never try it, but lots of what people say about MDMA is just wrong.

I posted the link because I thought you'd be interested in it. Check out the rest of that site, if you want. It's got some great info.
January 23, 2008, 3:32 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17260.msg175925#msg175925 date=1201054141]
[/quote]

Salvia possession is a felony as of Jan 1st of 08 in some states (if not all) now
January 23, 2008, 9:22 AM
MrRaza
Not in Canada! Wooo!

Although, having tried it once, it can become a pretty crazy drug.

I didn't like the feeling of not being able to control my movements or being able to see objects the way that i would of normally. So it's not a drug I use very often.

I do smoke weed, and have now for a couple of years. So far it hasn't really affected much in regards to school or anything else, I still achieved a 4.0 and have a really nice IT job that I worked hard for, and I haven't even graduated yet, couple more months left. :)

I smoke everyday for the most part, and have found it to be relaxing especially when I am stressed. Plus it makes food taste so much better. I haven't felt the health affects that everyone states that comes with marijuana and I'm still a level headed person and not all strung out.

I think it would be useless to legalize it and put taxes on it, I wouldn't by it from the government anyway since I could find better quaility at a cheaper cost from most of my friends. I also beleive that it would be policatical suicide for any polictian to attempt to legalize it because the general public frowns apon such ideas.

Although I do vote and I voted for the NDP, mainly for there stance on marijuana and other such ideas.

I can't believe what the U.S did to Marc Emery.
January 23, 2008, 1:57 PM
Barabajagal
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=17260.msg175934#msg175934 date=1201080123]
[/quote]

Salvia possession is a felony as of Jan 1st of 08 in some states (if not all) now
[/quote]

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_law.shtml
January 23, 2008, 10:13 PM
Ringo
[quote author=Rule link=topic=17260.msg175927#msg175927 date=1201054952]
Ecstasy is not safe (compared to alcohol, marijuana, or most other things), Ringo.  I have friends who are medical doctors, and according to them, it's not uncommon to see people who have developed Parkinson's disease, or have even become paralyzed, through ecstasy use.
[/quote]
Well, I cant really argue that, as I was just repeating somthing I heard somwhere. :P
I would have thought that most of that is caused by the crap MDMA pills are cut with (most arnt even reall MDMA, like them horse tranquilizer's ketelsen or w/e they are called)
I think orginaly MDMA was designed as a weight loss pill, but was to "buzzy".
I know rat posion was a common drug used to cut some drugs with :(
alcohol on the other hand, has good quality control, seems as its legal.
Afaik, the same is true with hashish somtimes being cut with things, to get the resin to stick together better, some glus being most common.

I dont have any links supporting this tho, just street rumors and persional experience.
January 25, 2008, 1:59 AM
Barabajagal
That's why one makes one's own hash ;)
January 25, 2008, 4:47 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17260.msg175939#msg175939 date=1201126417]
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=17260.msg175934#msg175934 date=1201080123]
[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_law.shtml
[/quote]

what is this supposed to show me? i know for a fact it became illegal on 1/1/08 in illinois
January 26, 2008, 7:41 AM
Barabajagal
One state isn't "some" or "all". It's legal almost everywhere, still.
January 26, 2008, 11:10 PM
UserLoser
k i said some :dontknow:
January 27, 2008, 9:06 AM
Ringo
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17260.msg175961#msg175961 date=1201236448]
That's why one makes one's own hash ;)
[/quote]
And then cuts it with somthing like glu before selling it on... :p
January 27, 2008, 5:09 PM
UserLoser
blank post because of stupid rules not allowing people to delete their own
January 27, 2008, 9:24 PM
warz
who cares
January 29, 2008, 12:24 AM
Ringo
hmm, I guess this is where i heard it: BBC Horizon
Damn tv and subliminal messages :p
Might watch it, just for a laugh.

Just incase link dies:
[quote=David Butcher]
4/9 - Britain's Most Dangerous Drug
Horizon pings all over the place at the moment; there's no telling what they'll do next, or whether it'll be any good. Thankfully, this is. It's a kind of warped chart rundown of psychoactive drugs, ranked by how much harm they do. That might sound like a stunt, but it's based on solid research by a panel of leading doctors and psychiatrists. They produced a paper for the Lancet that turned some accepted ideas on their head, ranking tobacco and alcohol as dramatically more dangerous than, say, ecstasy or LSD. To help illustrate the countdown there's music, fun graphics and the odd archive treat, such as marvellous newsreel footage of a 1960s experiment involving a group of British soldiers who took LSD and ended up giggling helplessly in a field. "With one man climbing a tree to feed the birds," booms the po-faced voiceover, "the troop commander gave up."
[/quote]

EDIT: Pretty interesting, its avalible to watch on BBC iplayer for the next 6days if anyone wants to watch it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008x3hq.shtml?q=horizon&start=1&scope=iplayersearch&version_pid=b008x3g9
February 5, 2008, 7:35 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=17260.msg176128#msg176128 date=1202240118]
hmm, I guess this is where i heard it: BBC Horizon
Damn tv and subliminal messages :p
Might watch it, just for a laugh.

Just incase link dies:
[quote=David Butcher]
4/9 - Britain's Most Dangerous Drug
Horizon pings all over the place at the moment; there's no telling what they'll do next, or whether it'll be any good. Thankfully, this is. It's a kind of warped chart rundown of psychoactive drugs, ranked by how much harm they do. That might sound like a stunt, but it's based on solid research by a panel of leading doctors and psychiatrists. They produced a paper for the Lancet that turned some accepted ideas on their head, ranking tobacco and alcohol as dramatically more dangerous than, say, ecstasy or LSD. To help illustrate the countdown there's music, fun graphics and the odd archive treat, such as marvellous newsreel footage of a 1960s experiment involving a group of British soldiers who took LSD and ended up giggling helplessly in a field. "With one man climbing a tree to feed the birds," booms the po-faced voiceover, "the troop commander gave up."
[/quote]

EDIT: Pretty interesting, its avalible to watch on BBC iplayer for the next 6days if anyone wants to watch it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008x3hq.shtml?q=horizon&start=1&scope=iplayersearch&version_pid=b008x3g9
[/quote]

can't view that.  says i have to be in the UK to view it.
February 6, 2008, 7:16 AM
Ringo
doh, shitty BBC.
Heres the link to the statistics page:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/survey/
They ratted Ecstasy as #18th UK's most dangerous drug, LSD was somthing like 16th, marijuana was around 12th, tobacco was about 8th and Alcohol was somthing like 6th i think. Scag came 1st.

I think the 1 death a year from marijuana was lung cancer based.
They commented about marijuana being a very complex and hard drug to understand, due to the 1000's of compunds it has (THC being just 1)
February 6, 2008, 5:05 PM
MrRaza
mmmmm THC
February 7, 2008, 2:08 PM
Ringo
As I now understand it (epic bump) marijuana is a lawfull activity out side of commerce, one just needs to claim their right to smoke it.
What happens when somone violates ur legal right?
June 13, 2011, 12:46 PM

Search