Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Girl starts smoking because she "likes it"

AuthorMessageTime
Spht
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t52668.html

Ahh. Self-contradictory hilarity at its finest

Summary:

- I tried smoking.  I like it, so how can I smoke without getting addicted?
- I love smoking.  I can stop whenever I want
- I'm not addicted.  I like smoking like I like my chocolate--if someone offers it to me, I EAT IT
- Smoking is the best thing ever.  I feel like having a smoke.  Still not addicted though™
- Wow, you guys are making it sound so bad, I'm kind of scared to have my next cigarette that I planned on having
- Turns out I won't be an addict because I can't afford it and my mom and dad would be mad, so I had a couple smokes tonight.  Smoking is so great, you have got to try it.  It's the ultimate pleasure
- It's nice that I can smoke whenever the need arises without being an addict.  Just remember not to inhale
- I tried inhaling instead.  Wow, that is so much better
- Damn.  You guys were right.  I'm smoking like a chimney now.  I'm addicted. Ok, I'm going to quit
- Oh no!  I had another cigarette!  Non-smokers just don't understand how hard it is to quit
- Alright I quit
- Damn.  I gave in.  I smoke daily now

No more posts from Kelly.  I assume she died from lung cancer after 2 months of casual smoking
December 17, 2007, 10:32 PM
warz
I have to ask - asianfanatics.net? What the hell?
December 17, 2007, 10:55 PM
dlStevens
[quote author=Spht link=topic=17227.msg175410#msg175410 date=1197930735]
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t52668.html

Ahh. Self-contradictory hilarity at its finest

Summary:

- I tried smoking.  I like it, so how can I smoke without getting addicted?
- I love smoking.  I can stop whenever I want
- I'm not addicted.  I like smoking like I like my chocolate--if someone offers it to me, I EAT IT
- Smoking is the best thing ever.  I feel like having a smoke.  Still not addicted though™
- Wow, you guys are making it sound so bad, I'm kind of scared to have my next cigarette that I planned on having
- Turns out I won't be an addict because I can't afford it and my mom and dad would be mad, so I had a couple smokes tonight.  Smoking is so great, you have got to try it.  It's the ultimate pleasure
- It's nice that I can smoke whenever the need arises without being an addict.  Just remember not to inhale
- I tried inhaling instead.  Wow, that is so much better
- Damn.  You guys were right.  I'm smoking like a chimney now.  I'm addicted. Ok, I'm going to quit
- Oh no!  I had another cigarette!  Non-smokers just don't understand how hard it is to quit
- Alright I quit
- Damn.  I gave in.  I smoke daily now

No more posts from Kelly.  I assume she died from lung cancer after 2 months of casual smoking
[/quote]

That's hilarious, it's great how some of us just don't pick up a cigarette in their life.
December 18, 2007, 4:34 AM
iago
Reading that thread is like watching a trainwreck. You can just see it happening but nobody can stop it, you just have to watch!

In any case, it almost sounds like a joke, although I don't think it is. I read the first page, which only covers 20 days, and she seems to go through the entire stages of addiction. Kinda funny, in a way.
December 18, 2007, 2:47 PM
l2k-Shadow
but you can tell (just by the way she writes) how dumb she is.  so it's not as if you could do anything for her anyway.

i don't understand how people love the taste of cigarettes, it tastes like shit, literally.
December 18, 2007, 6:25 PM
warz
for me, it's the smell. i've smoked cigarettes plenty of times, and am not addicted. i've never bought my own pack, and only usually smoke if I'm drunk and a friend offers me one. but, the smell of cigarette smoke is what makes me want one sometimes.
December 18, 2007, 9:23 PM
dlStevens
[quote author=betawarz link=topic=17227.msg175427#msg175427 date=1198013016]
for me, it's the smell. i've smoked cigarettes plenty of times, and am not addicted. i've never bought my own pack, and only usually smoke if I'm drunk and a friend offers me one. but, the smell of cigarette smoke is what makes me want one sometimes.
[/quote]

Hah, I've never, not once picked up a cigarette, as hinted towards in my first post, but I do know what you mean when you say the smell makes you want to have one, There are certain cigarettes, (I don't know the brand) but they actually smell pretty good. But some do smell god awful.
December 18, 2007, 11:59 PM
iago
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=17227.msg175423#msg175423 date=1198002305]
i don't understand how people love the taste of cigarettes, it tastes like shit, literally.
[/quote]
"literally"? That implies that you know what shit tastes like.
December 19, 2007, 12:42 AM
Newby
Cigs heighten your drunk buzz for a short period of time if you don't smoke them very often. It's nice.

I think I've only finished one cigarette completely in my life.
December 19, 2007, 4:52 AM
warz
The brand of cigarettes called "Kool" smell pretty damn good. This old guy at my work smokes them all day every day, and I go out on smoke breaks with him sometimes just to get a smell of them. lol (but also so avoid doing any actual work)
December 19, 2007, 8:08 PM
Twix
You guys ever smoke clove cigarettes, they smell so good it smells just like somebody light a bunch of incense. They taste so damn good also but they are 8 dollars a pack unless you live in Delaware.
December 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
warz
[quote author=DeTaiLs link=topic=17227.msg175448#msg175448 date=1198106031]
You guys ever smoke clove cigarettes, they smell so good it smells just like somebody light a bunch of incense. They taste so damn good also but they are 8 dollars a pack unless you live in Delaware.
[/quote]

Yeah, back in the day a friend of mine always had Digarms, or some shit. They're all black and smell amazing. They taste like candy, too. They crackle whenever you smoke them. I heard they were real bad for you, though.
December 20, 2007, 1:38 AM
dlStevens
[quote author=betawarz link=topic=17227.msg175449#msg175449 date=1198114705]
[/quote]

Yeah, back in the day a friend of mine always had Digarms, or some shit. They're all black and smell amazing. They taste like candy, too. They crackle whenever you smoke them. I heard they were real bad for you, though.
[/quote]

Are you insinuating that other cigarette brands aren't dangerous or just as dangerous as far as health risks?
December 20, 2007, 8:11 PM
warz
[quote author=Dale link=topic=17227.msg175452#msg175452 date=1198181489]
Are you insinuating that other cigarette brands aren't dangerous or just as dangerous as far as health risks?
[/quote]

No, dangerous as in if you smoke them, level 70 elite mobs will spawn and gank you. Do not smoke unless you have at least a party of 5. Certain brands may even require a raid of 25+.
December 20, 2007, 11:10 PM
iago
[/quote]
I can agree with that, I hate the smell of incense, too.

And you're lucky if they're $8, in Canada you won't find any cigarettes for under $10.
December 21, 2007, 12:44 AM
JoeTheOdd
I'd like to see someone smoke enough to get their lung cancer to progress from zero to death in two months. Biased? You decide.

Details, they're like $4 a pack in Wisconsin. But then again, we're the beer state, so we might as well fund a second addiction. Now, when they cut WoW costs, I'll be happy.

I admit that I've smoked a few cigarettes. The people who say you get addicted on your first puff are liars -- either that, or I'm different. I'm not addicted -- I haven't had a desire to smoke cigarettes for months, and the only time I desired to smoke was to see what it was like. And it wasn't all that great.
December 23, 2007, 7:53 AM
dlStevens
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=17227.msg175484#msg175484 date=1198396385]
I'd like to see someone smoke enough to get their lung cancer to progress from zero to death in two months. Biased? You decide.

Details, they're like $4 a pack in Wisconsin. But then again, we're the beer state, so we might as well fund a second addiction. Now, when they cut WoW costs, I'll be happy.

I admit that I've smoked a few cigarettes. The people who say you get addicted on your first puff are liars [...]
[/quote]

your talking about crack cocaine and meth.

..but no, really most peope say "by the time you get use to smoking cigarettes you'll be addicted."
December 23, 2007, 10:35 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=17227.msg175423#msg175423 date=1198002305]
[/quote]

that's why theres a million different brands and types of cigarettes from each company.  they all taste different, different leaves, different additives to it to make it taste different.

i smoke cigarettes daily and i wish i never did.  people who do not smoke do not simply understand how hard it really is to quit smoking.  i cant stand people who are like "big deal just dont have them whats so hard about quitting i can quit this (something else) whenever i want"

smoking 1 cigarette a day for about a week WILL get MOST people addicted.  another thing people dont understand (who dont smoke) is how much you will want a cigarette when you're stressed out, pissed off, or just had a long day at work.  for some reason it really does chill you out and relax you (probably just because of your brain WANTING it so bad from all the nicotine).

the only time you do NOT want a cigarette is when you just had one.  however, chain smoking (one after another) is usual by most people when drunk/high
December 24, 2007, 10:15 PM
iago
To the people here who said they smoke daily... how did you start (ie, become addicted)?
December 29, 2007, 5:01 PM
inner.
I've smoked probably ~5 cigarettes in my whole life, and I never got addicted. I don't see how people get so hooked on them. Yeah, they taste good and some brands smell good, but that doesn't attract me enough to pay all that money per year and chance of lung cancer, which could result in death. Not to mention smoking makes your vocal cords sound like shit.

So that's probably why I never started smoking. I knew the consequences.
December 29, 2007, 5:14 PM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=vuther.de link=topic=17227.msg175546#msg175546 date=1198948497]
I've smoked probably ~5 cigarettes in my whole life, and I never got addicted. I don't see how people get so hooked on them. Yeah, they taste good and some brands smell good, but that doesn't attract me enough to pay all that money per year and chance of lung cancer, which could result in death. Not to mention smoking makes your vocal cords sound like shit.

So that's probably why I never started smoking. I knew the consequences.
[/quote]

i'm pretty sure all smokers know the consequences of smoking... but yet still do it.
December 29, 2007, 5:48 PM
Ringo
I think persionaly, the 1st stage of somone being adicted to smoking (normaly teenagers) is when they start smoking alone, aposed to just with friends.
I have smoked about 20 aday for the past 12+ years and even tho I dont really want to, I know i can give up when ever i want. Its a simple case of mind over matter :)
I started smoking because i wanted to know what it was like to be adicted to somthing. :(
I know now, that an adiction (at least cigs etc) is just a lack of conscious self control. Even with that said, I can light one up unconsciously aware im doing it.
I guess i just lack the phisical control of the hand motion habit.

But hey, somone has to invest in cancer, its the future!
January 2, 2008, 2:15 AM

Search