Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Client Token in AutoIt?

AuthorMessageTime
BackStabbed
I've looked through the AutoIt commands, posted a post similair to this on the AutoIt forums and have found nothing at either place, I can't figure out how to get a Client Token in autoit, if anyone has a way to do this I would love to see it!

-thanks
October 18, 2007, 5:58 AM
Myndfyr
Quick: you have one post to clarify whether this is even Battle.net-related and how it's bot-related.  See this for reference.
October 18, 2007, 7:49 AM
dlStevens
I believe AutoIt is a scripting language for Silkroad Online, and other RPGs.
October 18, 2007, 11:05 AM
LockesRabb
No. Dale, close, but no cigar.

Yes, it's a scripting language. But not for those RPGs, although it can be used for them. It's actually a scripting language for a program called AutoIt (Automate it), that helps to automate tasks in windows.

quote from their website:

[quote]AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying "runtimes" required!

AutoIt was initially designed for PC "roll out" situations to reliably automate and configure thousands of PCs. Over time it has become a powerful language that supports complex expressions, user functions, loops and everything else that veteran scripters would expect.[/quote]

Link: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

Backstabbed, to answer your question (however indirectly), it is NOT possible to develop a bot in AutoIt. AutoIt is just a scripting language that mainly outputs keypresses and mouseclicks. Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps it's possible, just very difficult.

That being said, the Client Token can be anything you choose. Usually, people use the GetTickCount api as a value for the Client Token.

Example:

[code]Dim ClientToken
ClientToken = GetTickCount[/code]

If you make use of GetTickCount, don't forget to declare the API.
October 18, 2007, 11:41 AM
BackStabbed
[quote]
That being said, the Client Token can be anything you choose. Usually, people use the GetTickCount api as a value for the Client Token.
[/quote]

So, what exactly is a Client Token?
Your saying i can decalre it as anything.... so i could call it $x = 1 and then in client token i can have it = $x ?
I don't think it's that simple.... Maybe it's something to do with time? there is a ticks to time and a time to ticks there is a way to get the amount of time from one point to another or get current time or subtract time etc. any of these have to do with a Client Token?
October 18, 2007, 1:37 PM
HdxBmx27
Yes, A client token of 1 would work. Hell, a client token of 0 used to work. Though I haven't tested in a while and they might not like that.

Heres the thing, A client token is a random number generated by the client and used for securing various parts of the connection sequence.
So yes, you can make it whatever you want.

People/the game, use Get Tick Count simply because it returns a 'random' number. Meaning theres really no was to predict it from an outside computer. And it changes often. It's just that it's more handy/reliable then writing your own random number generator.
~Hdx
October 18, 2007, 1:41 PM
BackStabbed
Ah, thanks Hdx!
I understand it now :P
October 18, 2007, 1:49 PM
LockesRabb
[quote author=BackStabbed link=topic=17118.msg173962#msg173962 date=1192714621]
[quote]
[/quote]

So, what exactly is a Client Token?
Your saying i can decalre it as anything.... so i could call it $x = 1 and then in client token i can have it = $x ?
I don't think it's that simple.... Maybe it's something to do with time? there is a ticks to time and a time to ticks there is a way to get the amount of time from one point to another or get current time or subtract time etc. any of these have to do with a Client Token?
[/quote]

Yes, it's that simple. I suggested using GetTickCount because, like what Hdx said, the game uses it, and the majority of people use it. But again, like I said earlier, you can choose any value for it, you can even set it to 1 if you wanted. It would work fine. But in the interest of more closely emulating the client, I'd recommend using GetTickCount. ;p
October 18, 2007, 5:11 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=Hdx link=topic=17118.msg173963#msg173963 date=1192714889]
Yes, A client token of 1 would work. Hell, a client token of 0 used to work. Though I haven't tested in a while and they might not like that.

Heres the thing, A client token is a random number generated by the client and used for securing various parts of the connection sequence.
So yes, you can make it whatever you want.

People/the game, use Get Tick Count simply because it returns a 'random' number. Meaning theres really no was to predict it from an outside computer. And it changes often. It's just that it's more handy/reliable then writing your own random number generator.
~Hdx
[/quote]

IIRC, a value of 0 doesn't work for some authentication things during login.  I believe on the realm stuff and CD-key stuff, I could be wrong though it's been a while.
October 18, 2007, 8:11 PM

Search