Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | In response to the Open Source C++ bot project

AuthorMessageTime
Networks
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been around...a really long time.

In any event, the other thread got closed so I am creating a new one.

I don't actually know C++ at a high level, I do know how to code. I took a detour with software level programming and I've been doing web based for a while now. Nonetheless, I want to learn C++ and I need some project to gear up some motivation for me to learn it, I think this will do for now.

I'd be happy to contribute or help kick off an open source bot project in only C++. I'd be happy to get it started, get an SVN going, etc. I'd obviously need help on the way, someone would have to be the project lead as I'd be learning at the same time.

Devcode, K, if you guys want to do it, count me on the team if you'll take me.

If you don't know me...I guess you could say I am veteran of the battle.net bot days now but I am definitely out of the loop. So feel free to fill me in :P.
October 15, 2007, 3:13 AM
Leaky
if your good at web languages like php then why not make a bot out of php or w/e language you use (java, asp (ew), etc)? i did
October 15, 2007, 1:13 PM
devcode
Sorry, I have decided to go solo on the project at this current time.
October 15, 2007, 1:46 PM
Networks
[quote author=devcode link=topic=17106.msg173859#msg173859 date=1192456009]
[/quote]

Oh okay, that's fine then.

@Leaky: As stated above, C++ is a language I wish to eventually learn. I code to learn new things, PHP is something I've somewhat mastered to some extent granted I still learn a bit every now and then.

@K: If you see this, do you want to start an open source C++ bot?
October 15, 2007, 3:25 PM
K
[quote author=Networks link=topic=17106.msg173861#msg173861 date=1192461905]
[quote author=devcode link=topic=17106.msg173859#msg173859 date=1192456009]
[/quote]

Oh okay, that's fine then.

@Leaky: As stated above, C++ is a language I wish to eventually learn. I code to learn new things, PHP is something I've somewhat mastered to some extent granted I still learn a bit every now and then.

@K: If you see this, do you want to start an open source C++ bot?
[/quote]

I don't really have the time to devote to something like this.  If someone else was planning on doing it I was willing to contribute occasionally, but that's about it.
October 15, 2007, 5:52 PM
rabbit
That's exactly how I feel.  I'd like to get a lot better at C++ than I currently am, and I think that doing something I'm somewhat familiar with would make it a bit easier.
October 15, 2007, 6:01 PM
warz
Ya'll might find the game myth war online easy to reverse engineer. It's a protocol similar to bnet, but it's a very japanimation style diablo 2. The log in procedure consisted of 3 packets, back when I made a emu client. It used a modified SHA1, but did not have any protection against third party clients using the game's libraries. So, basically you can call all of their login data creation functions straight from their libraries. All in all it was a fun game to make a client for - and a lot of people played it back then. :P So when I was winning these daily contests they had instantly, and was getting attacking people in safe zones and stuff, people began to wonder

edit: i had started to document my findings a little bit, but once i realized you could use their libraries for just about everything i kind of stopped. what i had documented is here: http://rafm.org/?p=2
October 15, 2007, 7:53 PM
devcode
[quote author=betawarz link=topic=17106.msg173865#msg173865 date=1192478005]
Ya'll might find the game myth war online easy to reverse engineer. It's a protocol similar to bnet, but it's a very japanimation style diablo 2. The log in procedure consisted of 3 packets, back when I made a emu client. It used a modified SHA1, but did not have any protection against third party clients using the game's libraries. So, basically you can call all of their login data creation functions straight from their libraries. All in all it was a fun game to make a client for - and a lot of people played it back then. :P So when I was winning these daily contests they had instantly, and was getting attacking people in safe zones and stuff, people began to wonder

edit: i had started to document my findings a little bit, but once i realized you could use their libraries for just about everything i kind of stopped. what i had documented is here: http://rafm.org/?p=2
[/quote]

Saw this in your code:

if(WSAEventSelect(sGameServer, event, FD_READ | FD_CLOSE))

but there was clearly no reason to use non-blocking sockets unless you were learning about this stuff, since recv is blocking already ;). You didn't even check for FD_CLOSE :(
October 15, 2007, 8:16 PM
Leaky
i'd be interested in contributing im in the process of learing c/c++ also and eventually i plan on making a connection library in those languages just like i did in vb and php....

if you guys decide to go through with it let me know
October 15, 2007, 8:34 PM

Search