Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | MCP Packet Exist?

AuthorMessageTime
ProjecT
Well, i wanted to know if there is some MCP packet that gets your account banned, cdkey and ip banned if u dont respnd correctly?
Also any information would be usefull. Thanks.
September 11, 2007, 6:20 AM
Camel
As far as I know, there's no such thing as an automatic CD key ban. There lots of things you can do to get IP banned for as long as 6 days, although that usually requires flooding malformed packets in BNCS; I'd assume MCP is similar. I've never received an IP ban from battle.net for sending a malformed MCP packet, only a realm ban, and those haven't ever lasted longer than a few minutes for me.

Even warden won't disconnect you per se; it flags your account for review.
September 11, 2007, 7:02 AM
Barabajagal
No. No MCP packets will do anything that extreme. If you screw up an MCP packet, you'll probably just get banned from the realm connection (that annoying "realm down" message).
September 11, 2007, 7:03 AM
ProjecT
mm the problem is that i am not screwing the packet, i was flooding server actually i was sending 0x02 constantly. I had no problems with that till today, and also alot of people got account/cdkey banned and also the connections running on the same ip adress accounts/cdkeys.  heh.

Btw thanks for the quick answers :].

[Edit] I heard a rumour of a person that there was such packet and it needed to be handeled like warden (i dont really think it exists but i prefer asking here) [/Edit]
September 11, 2007, 7:22 AM
Barabajagal
That might be action by an actual person, then. If they noticed unusual amounts of a packet coming from certain users (based on cdkeys), they most likely would want to put a stop to it. It's common sense not to piss them off like that -.-
September 11, 2007, 7:33 AM
ProjecT
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17016.msg172608#msg172608 date=1189496003]
That might be action by an actual person, then. If they noticed unusual amounts of a packet coming from certain users (based on cdkeys), they most likely would want to put a stop to it. It's common sense not to piss them off like that -.-
[/quote]

I thought that too, but u know people spreading rumors, dont know if they are true or not >< just wanted to confirm, as far as i know this is the best place to confirm this :].
September 11, 2007, 7:58 AM
Barabajagal
Well, it's just a guess based on common sense and some past experience, but Blizzard tends to pay attention to things like that, and they do take action, unlike a lot of other game companies who just don't give a damn.
September 11, 2007, 8:18 AM
ProjecT
[quote author=Andy link=topic=17016.msg172610#msg172610 date=1189498687]
Well, it's just a guess based on common sense and some past experience, but Blizzard tends to pay attention to things like that, and they do take action, unlike a lot of other game companies who just don't give a damn.
[/quote]

Yah i thought the same, well thanks alot :].
September 11, 2007, 3:53 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=Camel link=topic=17016.msg172604#msg172604 date=1189494136]
As far as I know, there's no such thing as an automatic CD key ban. There lots of things you can do to get IP banned for as long as 6 days, although that usually requires flooding malformed packets in BNCS; I'd assume MCP is similar. I've never received an IP ban from battle.net for sending a malformed MCP packet, only a realm ban, and those haven't ever lasted longer than a few minutes for me.

Even warden won't disconnect you per se; it flags your account for review.
[/quote]

Hmm, I think chest.d2h was an auto account/cdkey ban.  Go test it out :-*

Repetitive sending of character create message will get your CD-key banned.  A few years back I had an automated D2 character name maker that would get me the cool character names within a second of them expiring... A few months after me these bots were all over and my bot's CD-key aswell as my friend's CD-key was banned after the popularity rose up.

I think originally we had it set to send a create message every 40ms (25 requests a second) and it was ok, until, like I said, the bots came.
September 11, 2007, 7:48 PM
ProjecT
Yah that was few years ago when i started (4 years ago), now i came back and all persons with character makers... and got accounts/cdkeys banned and also the connections that were on same ip logged into bnet got banned, also some other people have reported they got their accounts banned and they dont load character makers.. so that means a rep was on a bad mod yesterday :].

Edit: Thanks for ur post UL.

Edit2: By the way , have anyone have noticed a non-documented mcp packet? like starcraft that there is 2 packets that i know off that arent public documented.
September 11, 2007, 8:49 PM
Barabajagal
As far as I know, all the MCP packets are documented. There's not much to MCP besides realm characters and MOTD.
September 11, 2007, 9:40 PM
LordVader
They're probably some in game d2gs packets like Userloser suggested that will lead to very fast bans possibly instant.
Never heard of anything like that regarding the MCP packets tho.

Generally it takes something that get's their attention on a major scale for them to do anything that drastic.
Like the chesthack Userloser mentiond.

Maybe check this list:
http://packetlist.newd2event.net/
Some in the list are color coded to reflect how blizzard acts on them.. meaning:
Realm down 
Realm down if Parameters are fault
Connection interrupt
Connection interrupt after a while

Most that result in realm down instantly, may lead to cdkey ban etc.
September 12, 2007, 4:49 AM

Search