Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Looking for the program to fix SC's win2k ping

AuthorMessageTime
One-Standing Assassin
Hi, I remember a VL member who made a program that fixed the SC's win2k high latency. It resolved this bug and lets you join games normally. That was very useful and I hope you guys can put the program up again, thanks.
March 9, 2003, 8:14 AM
iago
I'm pretty sure the latest Blizzard patch fixed that.

If you still have a problem, it's because of a firewall or other kind of network problem, although I could be wrong.
March 9, 2003, 3:20 PM
Kp
Unlike SCE, Blizzard's fix requires at least SP2 (IIRC) to work correctly.  Make sure you're up to date on your Windows 2000 service packs, then post back if the problem persists.
March 9, 2003, 3:33 PM
One-Standing Assassin
I've just updated win2k and that solves it. Thanks for the help guys!
March 9, 2003, 4:40 PM
Yen
Hi,

I've got the same problem. My W2k are up to date but I can't use Broodwar 1.09b patch, becose my FSGS server does'nt support this version (last supported is 1.08). Is there any workaround or is possible to download somewhere FSGS which works with 1.09b Broodwar patch?

I only need to play against friends as we did in the past, but today almost all of us have W2K.

Thank you in advance for ideas.

John
March 17, 2003, 4:59 PM
pileofcrap
I can help with that....

dont use FSGS ...... that program hasnt been updated, or around for that matter, for like a year or 2.
March 17, 2003, 7:00 PM
Skywing
[quote]Hi,

I've got the same problem. My W2k are up to date but I can't use Broodwar 1.09b patch, becose my FSGS server does'nt support this version (last supported is 1.08). Is there any workaround or is possible to download somewhere FSGS which works with 1.09b Broodwar patch?

I only need to play against friends as we did in the past, but today almost all of us have W2K.

Thank you in advance for ideas.

John [/quote]
There is a version of SCEnhancements for Starcraft/Brood War 1.08; assuming I can find it, I'll post it.
March 18, 2003, 1:53 PM
Grok
that version is probably still in /patches.
March 18, 2003, 4:25 PM
Yen
What can be used instead of FSGS? Or how to connect a few people on the internet to play SC together without using official Battle.net server?

J.
March 19, 2003, 3:32 PM
Yen
For Skywing and Grok,

Can you please write URL for this SCE? I can't find it out on valhallalegends.com.

Thanks a lot,

J.
March 19, 2003, 3:49 PM
Grok
http://www.valhallalegends.com/patches/scenhancements.zip
March 19, 2003, 4:57 PM
haZe
[quote]What can be used instead of FSGS? Or how to connect a few people on the internet to play SC together without using official Battle.net server?

J.[/quote]
http://www.pvpgn.org/
ssh :-p
March 20, 2003, 7:29 AM

Search