Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | BnetDocs Research and Discussion | D2GS naming schemes @ http://bnetdocs.dementedminds.net/

AuthorMessageTime
LordVader
I am going to be editing the d2gs data on http://bnetdocs.dementedminds.net/.
Some of the packet names and things is needing some udpating and correction.
Before I go thru and start doing that I would like some input from people..

Mainly in regards to UNIT and OBJECT type references, and some of the actually packet names..

Here is an example:
[Quote=LordVader - from a different thread]
some of the D2GS data is incorrect mostly the naming schemes.. someone should go thru and look thru + compare to this list:
http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/viewtopic.php?t=303771

One that i notice off hand is for example:

[quote]
Message ID: 0x2F

Message Name: D2GS_NPCHEAL

Message Status: RAW, NEW PACKET

Direction: Client -> Server (Sent)

Used By: Diablo II, Diablo

Format: (DWORD) Unused(DWORD) NPC ID

Remarks: Heals the player through the specified NPC. Please note: This message's official name is not known, and has been invented.
[/quote]

That should more correctly be refered to as NPCTalk or NPCChat happens once and only after you have sent an 0x13 packet to actually click the npc, and then you choose "talk" that is the 2f packet.
And also the first dword is entity kind, you can see more info about that also in the EON packet list.

C->S
0x2F - Initiate entity chat - 2F [DWORD Entity Kind] [DWORD Entity ID]

*Update:
The different Entity types:
[quote]
Entities
--------

00 - Players
01 - Monsters, NPCs, and Mercenaries
02 - Stash, Waypoint, Chests, Corpses, and other objects.
03 - Missiles
04 - Items
05 - Entrances
[/quote]
[/quote]

Basically references to UNIT and OBJECT and things, have been in the actual D2 community refered to and covered by the blanket "Entity" and "Entity Kind".
That is one thing I would like to update,that and just adding more info and getting it uptodate.

If you compare the EON List which is a collaborative copy paste from probably 5 other sites and listings you'll see alot of variations between the two and in most instances the EON data is more accurate(to me in my own research).

So any input/suggestions on how people would prefer things or flaws in what I am suggesting are appreciated.

*Edit: I was mistaken the example above isn't directly in responce to clicking talk it actually indicates that you are now interacting with an NPC..
A dialog window is opened at this state and is prior to any choices being made(talk/trade etc).
August 25, 2007, 11:04 PM
LordVader
Well no replie's yet so I will assume no body has any major objections to the changes mentioned, if anyone does or has other ideas/observations feel free to let me know.

I will start editing the D2GS data on Monday (is saturday now), if no body has any objections or anythng by then I will start emplenting the changes I spoke of above.

*Edit: fixed my horribly bad typos.
August 26, 2007, 5:27 AM
LockesRabb
No objections here. Edit away! :)
August 27, 2007, 5:45 PM
LordVader
Anyone object to using the suffix "Ex" and "Ex2" etc..
Some of the D2GS packets are nearly identical but have some special modifier like holding shift(Ex) or holding the mouse down while holding shift (Ex2) etc..

Some of the packet names get long if using the litteral terms to build the name up..

Example..
Main Packet:
D2GS_LEFTSKILLONLOCATION
Left click location and release

Variation1:
D2GS_SHIFTLEFTSKILLONLOCATION
hold shift and left click location and release

Could possibly turn into:
D2GS_LEFTSKILLONLOCATIONEX

Variation2:
D2GS_SHIFTREPEATLEFTSKILLONLOCATION
hold shift and left click a location without releasing to repeat the action

Could possibly turn into:
D2GS_LEFTSKILLONLOCATIONEX2

Etc.. would simplify the variation's of nearly identical packets that have various modified versions.

*Note: the data is identical in all of the above only difference is the PacketID
August 29, 2007, 3:36 PM
LockesRabb
Sounds fine to me.
August 29, 2007, 11:49 PM

Search