Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | doc2pdf COM Component to be used from VB6

AuthorMessageTime
ioSys
I am looking for a component witch can convert word files (doc) to pdf. I have already bought 1 component called Total PDF Converter from http://www.coolutils.com but it can not do the job correctly. It misses some letters here and there and makes indent sometimes and so on. I want a component that just converts the word file to pdf.

I will use the COM component in my application I am building in Visual Basic 6 on Windows platform.
August 23, 2007, 9:26 AM
FrOzeN
I export documents to PDF using OpenOffice. I'm sure there's a many programs that do just that rather than an entire Office suit, but it's just an option if you can't find anything else I guess.
August 23, 2007, 10:10 AM
ioSys
The application I have built is a VB6 EXE component of many that co-works in our system. The server which will hold my component runs Windows XP and the solution must work on that computer.
August 23, 2007, 11:19 AM
FrOzeN
Wow, I completely misread your post. Somehow I thought I was in a different forum, and that you were just asking for a program to convert word documents to pdf files.

Not sure about components, but this project's source code may be use[s]less[/s]ful* if you decide to attempt making it yourself.

[EDIT] Holy shit I'm making weird errors in this thread.
August 23, 2007, 11:35 AM
Myndfyr
Check out CuteFTP.  It installs a PDF printer driver.
August 23, 2007, 4:59 PM
ioSys
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=16972.msg171874#msg171874 date=1187888340]
Check out CuteFTP.  It installs a PDF printer driver.
[/quote]
MyndFyre[vL], is it possible to use that printer from my VB6 app to produce a pdf from my the word (doc) file i input? How do i do that? =)

Else I hope to find a COM component that can do the task (converting doc to pdf) that i can use in my application in VB6.

FrOzeN, I will try to get that source running. Lets see if it works.

Other solutions on how to solve my issue is welcome

Okey. Now i have tested out this app u gave as a solution.
I want to automate the process of converting a document to pdf from word. PDFCreator.exe /PF"Path of file to be converted" works. It opens up word and uses a printer that makes the document save as pdf. The bad thing is that word opens up a save file dialog and is not a solution that works for me.

The ideal solution would be to have a COM component that simply converts the document to pdf silently in the background, not starting up word visible and prompting me to save the document.

And Frozen, that component u gave as a suggestion DID have a COM interface so i try to see if i succeed to comile it and use it in my module. Hope it works =)

Anyone else that knows of a COM component that works or maybe have tested Adobe Acrobat Distiller Server 6.0?
August 24, 2007, 8:19 AM

Search