Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | /WHOAMI -- Introductions | /whois Camel

AuthorMessageTime
Camel
Hey all,

My name's Scott, and I've been on battle.net since the day Starcraft came out. My battle.net aliases are BNU-Camel@USEast and BNU-Camel@Azeroth, and you can usually find me in the channel Clan BNU on USEast.

In 2001, I started developing my first battle.net binary bot in VB. In those days, there was very little information publicly available on the topic, and I was a relatively inexperienced programmer. That bot eventually grew in to BNU`Bot 1.1, an ops and clan management bot.

In May of 2007, I sat down and looked at the enormous project I had created, rittled with hacks and spaghetti code, and decided it was time to move on. I opened Eclipse, and started testing out object models. When I found one I liked, I went for it. Thanks to JBLS, I had a bot that would connect to battle.net and download and parse/display icons from icons.bni only nine hours after I began work on the bot. Since then, I've been rapidly implementing all of the features from the original bot, and I'm currently at approximately 85% convergence. BNU-Bot 2.0 is free and open-source. You can check out the project page here.

I work for a company called Airvana, based in the Lowell, MA area. We write the software for the computers that sit in the big air conditioned buildings buy cell towers. I'm currently a tools developer, and my function is to support a database whose purpose I'm not supposed to talk about.

In my previous lives, I've written a gross number of compilers, and have written a large amount of embedded C for various systems. My most recent job before this one was in the power industry, where I regularly electrocuted myself because of a buggy macro that was supposed to discharge a large capacitor.

I'm a PHP junkie. I modify everything I can get my hands on.

I'm the primary web developer for Stellar Command. The company operates by email, so everything takes months to get done.
August 21, 2007, 3:12 PM
Sixen
Welcome! And Stellar Command... *browses the website*
August 28, 2007, 11:17 PM

Search