Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | mixpanel.com, I'd love your advice.

AuthorMessageTime
Networks
http://www.mixpanel.com

This may seem rather spam-ish if so, feel free to trash but I am a long time member here so hopefully you won't see it that way =).

In anyevent, this is a project I've been working on for quite some time, some of you have heard of it and used it and know what it's all about.

I've been building a news engine capable of solving problems sites like digg, reddit, etc. currently have. While the news engine is rather social we really do focus on finding relevant content. I always felt what's popular isn't necessary what I want to see, I don't really care what hits the front-pages of these websites so I wanted to build something more useful.

mixpanel is essentially a personalized content news engine that uses semantics. What does that mean? It means if you tell us what you like we'll find it for you even on a broad or highly specific level. What about semantics? Well, in a nutshell, we're a little smarter than the average news search engine or even search engine. We're not REALLY smart yet but we're getting smarter everyday. Basically when you search for "Programming" on mixpanel unlike conventional search engines which look up only that keyword, we understand the semantics of words related to "Programming." In essence you'll be searching for "Python", "C#", ".NET", "C++", etc. mixpanel becomes really powerful that way. Another key to our semantics is we change the meaning of words to, so one minute "Banana" is fruit the next minute it's a viral video singing peanut butter jelly time.

There's actually A LOT more features that I haven't described, I don't want to bore you too much so if this sounds interesting to you, come by and register and check out what else is there. I'd love to hear everyone's feedback. I am really going to try to build mixpanel around the community it harbors. Every voice will be heard no matter how big we get.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think.
August 17, 2007, 11:24 PM
Newby
Password recovery. Try it.
August 18, 2007, 4:20 PM
Networks
[quote author=Newby link=topic=16957.msg171682#msg171682 date=1187454056]
[/quote]

If you were previously registered, all data was wiped, you'll have to start over, sorry but it was better that way promise.

It's on the beta list, Newby, thanks.
August 18, 2007, 7:25 PM
Newby
[quote author=Delixe link=topic=16957.msg171689#msg171689 date=1187465119]
[quote author=Newby link=topic=16957.msg171682#msg171682 date=1187454056]
[/quote]

If you were previously registered, all data was wiped, you'll have to start over, sorry but it was better that way promise.

It's on the beta list, Newby, thanks.
[/quote]

BOO. Like I'm unlazy enough to register. Pff.
August 22, 2007, 6:20 AM

Search