Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Mythos

AuthorMessageTime
Invert
I got into the beta.  ;D

It's Diablo all over again but with much more, sign up for the beta, you might get picked.

http://www.mythos.com/
August 8, 2007, 4:33 PM
Barabajagal
Oog... it looks so cartooney. Doesn't pique my interest in the least. Diablo's supposed to be realistic looking.
August 8, 2007, 7:48 PM
Invert
[quote author=Andy link=topic=16931.msg171457#msg171457 date=1186602514]
Oog... it looks so cartooney. Doesn't pique my interest in the least. Diablo's supposed to be realistic looking.
[/quote]

You are right; it looks cartoony on the website screenshot. I thought so too before I started playing. It's more like Diablo.
Also, those screenshots are old; the interface is not even the same.

Unfortunately I can't post screenshots so don't ask.
August 8, 2007, 8:32 PM
Barabajagal
Well, I'll take another look once more recent screenshots are released then.
August 9, 2007, 6:49 PM
warz
it looks like Warcraft 3 meets Diablo 2
August 9, 2007, 9:48 PM
Invert
I have 4 invites for the beta. PM me if you would like an invite.
August 13, 2007, 6:07 PM
Hostile
Looks like fun, wish I had time to play though. eh what kind of game is it? how many classes and all that kinda stuff
August 14, 2007, 12:09 AM
Invert
I received a lot more PM's than I had invites to give away. I chose 4 people. Those chosen, please feel special. Those not chosen, I’m sorry. When I get more invites I will pass more out.
August 14, 2007, 5:11 PM
Theghosty
I have a lvl 53 bloodletter.. It is nothing like diablo.. It is like
runescape and guildwars combined.. The quests are boring.. Not enough
act bosses... You have to buy epic maps for better exp.. and the characters
are very unbalanced still.. Yes it is beta... PvP is not implemented yet.
September 11, 2007, 1:14 AM
Invert
[quote author=Theghosty link=topic=16931.msg172593#msg172593 date=1189473262]
I have a lvl 53 bloodletter.. It is nothing like diablo.. It is like
runescape and guildwars combined.. The quests are boring.. Not enough
act bosses... You have to buy epic maps for better exp.. and the characters
are very unbalanced still.. Yes it is beta... PvP is not implemented yet.
[/quote]

It's everything like Diablo. The view perspective, quests, click to slash, potions, skill trees, random generated levels, towns, chests, special monsters. I will agree that the quests are boring because it's been done before in Diablo, "Go there and kill that special monster." I also don't like the map buying, and almost all of the levels looking alike.

With all these flaws you point out I am really impressed that you are a lvl 53, and not in a good way.
September 11, 2007, 5:19 PM
Theghosty
You should be impressed.. I devoted alot of time to testing. Looking for exploits , flaws , bugs and general theings that involve "beta testing"... I was just pointing out to people the things they will notice if they have not
"beta tested" the game.

1. You are incorrect.. The view perspective is nothing like diablo.. Define  "like" to me...
2. Click to stash and the use of potions is common in "most" rpg's.
3. Skill tree.. You have a valid point.. 3 sets of skill's variations .. and the use of , strength , dexterity , mana , and life are also used. AS they are in diablo.
4. Almost all the levels do not look alike.. Perhaps You are playing the game and not "testing".. There are simalaritys and common grounds, yet as you get to higher "epic map levels" .. There is a signifacant change in the texture and mapping..

Yes the game has a simalar feal to diablo , guildwars , and runescape... But it is a different game indeed.
I think that the 67' camaro and the 67 firebird look the same to.. But looking closer and further into both cars..
They have ther own very unique styles and feal. Perdon me , But please Use a little more insight and elaborate further when trashing a reply. All I see are points that were mentioned before hand.. Have a take.. Dont suck...
ERERErrerREREerereeeeeeee...
September 12, 2007, 1:14 AM
Invert
Blah, blah, blah... I'm not here to argue with you; you can argue with yourself.

Before my post: "It is nothing like diablo"
After my post:  "Yes the game has a simalar feal to diablo" <- I'm sure you mean "similar" and "feel" but let's not go there...

Since you and I both agree that you are wrong, incorrect, mistaken, erroneous, off beam, and wide of the mark, you can stop replying to this thread to save yourself any more embarrassment.

I salute you for contributing so much to Mythos. Everyone here cares.  :D
September 12, 2007, 8:11 AM
dRAgoN
They need to push a win2k package lol.
September 12, 2007, 10:54 PM
Theghosty
[quote author=Invert link=topic=16931.msg172667#msg172667 date=1189584696]
Blah, blah, blah... I'm not here to argue with you; you can argue with yourself.

Before my post: "It is nothing like diablo"
After my post:  "Yes the game has a simalar feal to diablo" <- I'm sure you mean "similar" and "feel" but let's not go there...

Since you and I both agree that you are wrong, incorrect, mistaken, erroneous, off beam, and wide of the mark, you can stop replying to this thread to save yourself any more embarrassment.

I salute you for contributing so much to Mythos. Everyone here cares.  :D
[/quote]

Ok.. I am not a good speller.. like and saying it has a "similar" "feel" are not clashing statements..
I know your a mod and all.. But.. ummm.... MY penis is still bigger than yours... ;)
And You should sharpen up the flame skills.. they are very weak and so over used.. I mean.. what person has not gone to the you caint spell card?... T.T...
September 13, 2007, 2:36 AM
Invert
[quote author=Theghosty link=topic=16931.msg172688#msg172688 date=1189650982]
Ok.. I am not a good speller.. like and saying it has a "similar" "feel" are not clashing statements..
I know your a mod and all.. But.. ummm.... MY penis is still bigger than yours... ;)
And You should sharpen up the flame skills.. they are very weak and so over used.. I mean.. what person has not gone to the you caint spell card?... T.T...
[/quote]

Your mental acumen is well below par; this is not a flame but an observation. The words "like" and "similar" are synonyms (check a thesaurus). When you compare two things and state that they are "nothing like" one another but later state that they are "similar" you are contradicting yourself.

I will assume that in your case people have attacked your spelling ability quite frequently. Seeing as you can't even spell the word "can't" correctly.

How much more humiliation can you force upon yourself?
September 13, 2007, 9:38 AM
Theghosty
Look.. Im just going to end this right now.. Oobbbvvvviioooooooooouuusslllyyyy
aallll yyuuuoppp ccouuulladd comeee upp withhh ississ a attaccck on my spellllliinnng.
Grow up man. Why in gods name are you a mod. This is YOUR post. I posted a reply. And you flamed
my response to your statement. Again.. You have failed to back up your claims. All you do is attack my
grammer.. And insult me. As for having my spelling attacked all the time.. The answer is no.. I usually dont
Have conversations with childish arogant holyer than thou inmature people. When Are yu going to validate claims to mythos?.. When will you admit that It is "like" diablo and saying it has a similar feel are indeed different based on the conversation at hand?. Like is such a vast word when comparing two things... Saying it has a similar feel is not implying that is is like.. Remember.. feel is an individuals own impression based on emtional value.. Like is saying it is almost the same based on initail estimations and observations.
Fact.. Yes i have the worst grammer on the internet. Does that mean I am ignorant or intillectually challenged..
No... Thanks for letting me be a member on this forum.. Thanks for having the sack to at least let me reply without closing or banning me.  Good day sir....
September 14, 2007, 1:30 AM
LW-Falcon
What I find funny is that you acknowledge that people are attacking your grammar, yet you don't even attempt to prove them wrong. O yea I tried counting how many grammatical errors there were in that post, I stopped in the middle somewhere and came to the conclusion that you must still be in 6th or 7th grade.
September 14, 2007, 1:38 AM
rabbit
[quote author=Theghosty link=topic=16931.msg172720#msg172720 date=1189733427]
Yes i have the worst grammer on the internet. Does that mean I am ignorant or intillectually challenged..
No...
[/quote]Actually, you meant to say "yes".  And I'm really trying, but your grammar is worse than any combination of CrAz3D and Hdx possible.
September 14, 2007, 2:56 AM
Theghosty
LOL.... If I cared. I would have used a spell checker.
September 14, 2007, 7:15 PM
rabbit
Usually all you need is a 3rd grade education.
September 14, 2007, 8:26 PM
warz
i hope that everyone in this thread grows up to be English, and grammar, teachers. this is what we need - people that care.
September 14, 2007, 8:38 PM
Theghosty
[quote author=betawarz link=topic=16931.msg172771#msg172771 date=1189802287]
i hope that everyone in this thread grows up to be English, and grammar, teachers. this is what we need - people that care.
[/quote]

Vouch..  Anyone can use a spell checker and trash/flame a post based on grammer.
I have yet been destroyed In a battle of wits and insight on this post.  Pointing out
something that is already known is rather redundant.  Poster made a Thread about
mythos. I reply with insight and thoughts based on personal experence. I get flamed
based on my grammer....  :) :D ;D....... :P  ... Im still waiting for invert to actually post
usefull information about the game he has requested to "beta test"... Invert , you
have shown me that this forum must just randomly select people to be mods based on
NOTHING at all.. You lack Wisdom , Leadership , integrity and self-respect.. The only thing
You have done is point out my grammer.. I doubt You are a harvard grad.. or even a local
community college grad.. So please stp with the.. I am invert the human spell checker mod
takes...  Yes I spell bad... So what.. I challenge you to a debate of wit... Pick the topic..
And I will battle wits with you anyday.. Hell i might even use a spell checker.
September 15, 2007, 2:16 AM
Barabajagal
You come to a forum created for and by Valhalla Legends members, and then you insult one of them? Talk about lacking wisdom. If you want a forum run by people with "Wisdom , Leadership , integrity and self-respect", find some yourself and start your own forum. It's not hard. Take a look at the recent topics of this forum, and you'll realize this isn't a bright and sunshiny place where people are fair, kind, or even tolerant. It's only accessible to the public as a courtesy, anyway.

In any case, I believe one can judge a good deal of someone's personality by their typing style and their attention to it. Not just in spelling, but in the format and syntax of text. Your excessive use of ellipses, new lines, and oddly broken sentence structure does not reflect well.
September 15, 2007, 2:40 AM
rabbit
[quote author=betawarz link=topic=16931.msg172771#msg172771 date=1189802287]
[/quote]I'm actually planning on that.  After college I figure I'll go teach English in Japan for a little bit (a year or so) since Japanese schools really want native English speakers to teach the English classes.  It's pretty good money and will get me better acquainted with the country :P
September 15, 2007, 4:19 AM
Barabajagal
Ya, okay Great Teacher Largo (Megatokyo Joke).
September 15, 2007, 4:30 AM
rabbit
Don't dis Largo, he's awesome.  He built a fucking defense network.

Anyway, I'm in 201 and Writing 2 for Japanese, and I plan to minor in it.  Also, Tokyo U is a really good school for AI in Japan (think of it as the MIT of Japan), and I really want to do AI, so :P
September 15, 2007, 4:47 AM
Barabajagal
Ya, I know he's fucking awesome.

WATCH ME CATCH MY PANTS ON FIRE!
September 15, 2007, 5:32 AM
Noodlez
Ay bay bay
October 11, 2007, 4:19 AM
FrostWraith
If anyone is still interesting in this game, I have 4 beta invites available.

So any posts containing an email from here on I will send an invite.
January 10, 2008, 2:47 AM

Search