Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | 0x0A and users IP...

AuthorMessageTime
MiCrOz
I've heard of a way to get someone IP when a user joins a channel, and that their IP is with a packet sent C>S. Is 0x0A the packet which contains the users IP? And if not, how would you get it?
June 25, 2003, 12:05 AM
Camel
It's not possible to get the actual ip out of battle.net (think about it: why on earth would they put effort into giving out information about people on their server to the public?), so you can stop trying. It is, however, possible to tell if two users have the same ip. Squelch (ignore) one person and see who gets the 0x20 (ignored) flag. This is also how "ipbans" are generally done; they would be more accurately described as "squelchbans."
June 25, 2003, 12:24 AM
DarkMinion
It *used* to be possible to get someone's IP, if they were using a chatbot, but not anymore.
June 25, 2003, 1:08 AM
MesiaH
You can get somebody's ip address and open game port, if there hosting a game and you send 0x09 :P, so its not entirely impossible.

But as for joining a channel, no.

And i dunno if u noticed, but 0x0A is sent back with info on YOUR account (base name, statstring, logged in name), which you normally would only receive once, during login.
June 26, 2003, 5:27 PM
c0ol
my new bot has ip features, its called ServerDotExeBot and it will be released soon.
June 26, 2003, 7:48 PM
Eternal
[quote author=c0ol link=board=17;threadid=1691;start=0#msg13019 date=1056656935]
my new bot has ip features, its called ServerDotExeBot and it will be released soon.
[/quote]

What does IP features mean? <wonders>
*hint* the bot name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...
*another hint* Bot advertising is usually frowned upon here, its not relevant to the board.
June 26, 2003, 10:06 PM
Trance
[quote author=Eternal link=board=17;threadid=1691;start=0#msg13030 date=1056665184]
What does IP features mean? <wonders>
*hint* the bot name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...
*another hint* Bot advertising is usually frowned upon here, its not relevant to the board.[/quote]
Hint: Server.exe
June 29, 2003, 12:39 PM

Search