Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | What's so different about Act 1?

AuthorMessageTime
Win32
It seems that every map on other acts (other than Act 1) all work perfectly when loading their tiles and such. But, for some reason Act 1 always causes game crashes after about 5 seconds into the game.

Is there something unique about the maps on Act 1?

EDIT: The even stranger thing is that, if I enter a seperate game (not the one I'm hosting using my custom D2GS), exit it, then join my server. It works. But I must enter first, and it has to be the same instance of the executable. Does D2 precache something?
July 21, 2007, 4:38 PM
LordVader
The only thing unique i can think of to act1 is how cain comes into town when you save him and the cow portal and such.

From the info you are giving about it seeming to work correctly if it's been or seems to get cached, Im just going to guess it maybe checking or needing to validate if cain is saved or not possibly and if he is or should be in town or not.

*Edit: found you're post on EoN
[quote=Matt.J]
Actually, it doesn't crash when you don't load the appropiate tiles. You just hit a 'black wall'

Just figured it out anyway. For some very strange reason Act 1 requires that you've sent the client his/her quest data (0x5E).

All fixed <3
[/quote]

I would assume that the save cain quest is the reason why it requires that quest data to know if cain is in town or not when the player enters the act.

July 23, 2007, 3:11 PM

Search