Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Diablo II mapping scheme. (Ringo? <3)

AuthorMessageTime
Win32
Seems, complex? Or maybe is it just staring me right in the face and I cannot see it?

The project I'm doing has now evolved quite alot, I've  got 4 other members working on it with me. Anyway, I'm having difficulties understanding how x/y locations work. I can see the basic concept that an x/y defines the point of location, but the axis puzzles me, does it rotate based on how the map has been drawn?

The more troublesome part is the so-called 'floor tiles'. After a hell of alot of packet logging I've realized that the initial 'tile set' sent is of a variable nature, and that each X/Y comes in increments of 8. I've drawn up graphs and now understand the comment 'is usually sent 4 at a time', the x/y's together create a grid of 4 'tiles'(?) and the center x/y is sent twice?

Could someone possibly give me a bit more information on how the game's map and x/y system works? And (possibly) 0x03's precise format, and how the seed is generated.

Thanks! :)

Matt.
July 16, 2007, 1:20 PM
ShadowDancer
if i see u connected in msn i will talk with u about this, in other way check d2mods.com there are a very good colection of post about how the map works.

Could someone possibly give me a bit more information on how the game's map and x/y system works? And (possibly) 0x03's precise format, and how the seed is generated. < how the seed is generated isnt the real problem ^^, how to use it is the real one.
July 30, 2007, 6:21 AM

Search