Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | /WHOAMI -- Introductions | Hey guys, option here (aka Sam)

AuthorMessageTime
option
Wow, It took awhile for my registration to be approved but it was totally worth the wait. I've been browsing vL for awhile now but not being able to post got a little frustrating lol

Anyways, I've been playing Diablo II for about 5 years. I still mess around with East HCL now and then, but my interests have turned more towards BNET programming. Boom. That's when I found vL.

I will undoubtedly be programming any kind of clientless bot I make for Diablo II, using VB 6.0 Enterprise. I am a new / intermediate VB programmer - but don't have too much experience with Windows API's or any experience with BNET programming or CheckRevisions. It's alright though, that's why I am here.

To get started on my battle.net programming 'adventure', I read the 'Information for Newcomers' thread found here: https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/index.php?topic=9278.0

I captured the packet transfer from my login, but it looks completely different from the ones I have seen posted. It's all in parts, as opposed to your packet logs which are one huge chuck of information. Additionally, I read the winsock tutorial, the TCP/IP networking tutorial, and am starting to read about CopyMemory in VB.

---
My questions have been split to a new topic in the BNET bot development section.
---

Well I'm pumped to be here, and on a final note, I am definitely willing to learn - I won't ever ask for anything to be done for me, I will simply ask questions about certain things I am doing so hopefully you guys will be able to guide me and point me in the right direction when I need help in the future.

Later!
-option

EDIT: I own a web hosting and design company that is up 99.9% of the time. I wouldn't mind mirroring things, maybe even hosting a TestBNCS server at your discretion. Let me know if you ever need anything along the lines of hosting.
July 12, 2007, 4:31 PM
Sixen
Welcome to the forums option! It seems like you've got quite a bit of questions though. You'd be better off posting them in the Battle.net Bot Dev Forum though.

BnetDocs has been having some troubles of the late, :(. I believe Arta said he has version 2.0 in the works and almost ready though. There are a few backups over the net that you can find. One of them that I use is Ersan's: http://ersan.us/src/bnetdocs/content.html
July 12, 2007, 6:27 PM
option
Wow, thanks a ton for the BnetDocs backup link. I've got some reading up to do :)

I'm going to edit my topic and re-post my questions in a new thread in the BNET Bot Development section.
July 12, 2007, 6:48 PM
Sixen
[quote author=option link=topic=16870.msg170938#msg170938 date=1184266111]
Wow, thanks a ton for the BnetDocs backup link. I've got some reading up to do :)

I'm going to edit my topic and re-post my questions in a new thread in the BNET Bot Development section.
[/quote]

Haha, you're welcome! And good luck on finding your answers. I'll go check out the thread, I might be able to help more, :p.
July 12, 2007, 7:37 PM
Barabajagal
Greetings, Salutations, and Hi there.
July 12, 2007, 9:17 PM

Search