Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Flood Proection Methods

AuthorMessageTime
TeEhEiMaN
Im tired of getting flood'd and i know a lot of you are too... lol, well
Post any Flood Protecion Methods for VB6. ThX
June 24, 2003, 2:14 AM
Arta
Camel, that kind of post is inappropriate. This forum is supposed to be about helping others. Granted, we all have a bit of fun now and then, but suggesting a user format their hd is beyond the pail.

To put it bluntly: be productive or be somewhere else.
June 24, 2003, 3:49 AM
iago
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=17;threadid=1685;start=0#msg12832 date=1056426567]
Camel, that kind of post is inappropriate. This forum is supposed to be about helping others. Granted, we all have a bit of fun now and then, but suggesting a user format their hd is beyond the pail.

[/quote]

.. did I miss something?
June 24, 2003, 9:33 AM
K
Iago: Not too much.

TeEhEiMaN: The least complicated method is to wait a fixed amount for each message you send. Most people do this, plus waiting a small amount for each character in the message. In addition, you can increase the wait if you've sent over a specified amount of messages or characters in a given time. For an excellent example, look here: http://botdev.valhallalegends.com/documents/vbantiflood.html

Edit: quotes messed up. it was adding an extra open quotes tag right before the end quote tag, so i took them out.
June 24, 2003, 3:39 PM
Camel
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=17;threadid=1685;start=0#msg12832 date=1056426567]

[/quote]

aww, c'mon. you don't think anybody would actually fall for that, do you?
June 25, 2003, 12:27 AM
Arta
That's not the point, this wasn't the only post that's caught my eye.
June 25, 2003, 5:22 AM
Camel
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=17;threadid=1685;start=0#msg12901 date=1056518521]
That's not the point, this wasn't the only post that's caught my eye.
[/quote]
I only did it twice ;D

TeEhEiMaN, you might want to search for the answer; I think vb code was actually posted for using SetTimer and KillTimer. The generally accepted ammount of time to wait seems to be:
[code]Delay = LastChatLen * 15 + 2700[/code]
June 25, 2003, 4:04 PM

Search