Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Other tech interest forums?

AuthorMessageTime
St0rm.iD
Hey guys - anyone frequent any other tech-oriented forums? Specifically, I'm interested in networking, computer languages, and at the current moment, decoding Verizon FiOS IP-TV service...I think it's possible.

Thanks guys
June 7, 2007, 4:31 AM
iago
Well, not sure if it counts, but I frequent www.thedailywtf.com. Besides the mainpage, I read the forum fairly often.
June 7, 2007, 4:57 AM
Trance
[quote author=Banana fanna fo fanna link=topic=16764.msg169847#msg169847 date=1181190696]
Hey guys - anyone frequent any other tech-oriented forums? Specifically, I'm interested in networking, computer languages, and at the current moment, decoding Verizon FiOS IP-TV service...I think it's possible.

Thanks guys
[/quote]
Whoa I'm totally interested in decoding Verizon FIOS IP-TV stuff!!! Been waiting for them to roll that service out in my city (only have internet currently).
June 7, 2007, 11:25 PM
rabbit
I love cryptography (even though I suck at it).  I'm a mod over at lan.st, which is a PSP site.
June 8, 2007, 12:32 AM
St0rm.iD
Right now, I'm interested in snooping the traffic going to the STB. So far, I have only been able to sniff the metadata going between the boxes (if you have more than one, they talk to each other and decide who is master and who are slaves), but not the actual multicast streams. I've also set up my router as a bridge to the coax LAN rather than a gateway/router.
June 8, 2007, 5:11 AM
Trance
Do you have to use the router they give you for the TV service?
June 8, 2007, 7:54 AM
St0rm.iD
Looks like it. It's the only thing in my house that can bridge a MoCA LAN and ethernet.
June 8, 2007, 3:17 PM

Search