Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Serial Programming

AuthorMessageTime
Imperceptus
I need to read a chip from an IBM thinkpad. I have followed the schematic that this website suggests.
http://sodoityourself.com/hacking-ibm-thinkpad-bios-password/#more-67

So far I was able to assemble the hardware needed pretty easily. I am unable to find the program to read the serial port.  How can I do this?  Anyone have thoughts on how this can be done?
May 5, 2007, 11:37 PM
l2k-Shadow
you mean this?
May 6, 2007, 1:17 AM
Imperceptus
Did you try to download what you linked me too?  Honestly, come on now. I tried that link a few times. From different sources (mac and pc).  And neither have yeilded the reader download link working. I have looked through google for software that I can use to accomplish this on a free basis. And the page you posted which was linked from the page I posted was the only one I found that came anywhere near.  And it as is does not work. 

May 6, 2007, 3:05 AM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=Imperceptus link=topic=16676.msg168750#msg168750 date=1178420733]
Did you try to download what you linked me too?  Honestly, come on now. I tried that link a few times. From different sources (mac and pc).  And neither have yeilded the reader download link working. I have looked through google for software that I can use to accomplish this on a free basis. And the page you posted which was linked from the page I posted was the only one I found that came anywhere near.  And it as is does not work. 

[/quote]

Sure it does, I just downloaded it and unpacked the program.. and uploaded it to my ftp.
May 6, 2007, 4:11 AM
Imperceptus
well thats wack. It didnt work for me. Maybe I need through out my programming books and get a "PC's For dummies" book or something. Thanks for putting on your ftp. worked fine for me.
May 6, 2007, 9:24 PM

Search