Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | problems with VB please help :(

AuthorMessageTime
Invincibility
everytime i try to open a project ive worked on it works but when i double click the .frm inside it, to see it {i can still view the code if i right click and say "view code"} it says msvb 6.0 enterprise edition has experienced an illegal operation. can anyone help?
June 18, 2003, 1:43 AM
St0rm.iD
reinstall
June 20, 2003, 12:05 AM
Invincibility
mhm, wont let me uninstall says like setup.rtf or setup.stf was missing or something, i know this aint a trojaned one or anything like that ive scanned it 100000 times {the whole folder} and i got it from a very trustworthy source from useast.

i was just starting to program my first calculator to :'(.

Any other things you can find wrong, anyone else had this problem?
June 20, 2003, 3:02 AM
iago
Find a way to uninstall and reinstall it.
June 20, 2003, 1:31 PM
Invincibility
find a way? lol, harder then it seems, ive tried cut//paste the setup.rtf from the install folder, said same thing, tried other things as well, u got any suggestions?
June 24, 2003, 7:02 PM
______
Control panel => add/remove programs => remove visual basic 6

maybe that works?
June 24, 2003, 7:11 PM
Invincibility
lol thats what ive been doing? lol?
all it USUALLY does for MOST of the programs I have is just make the add/remove menu a "shortcut" to the "unwise.exe" or "uninstaller" therefor its the same thing just easier to access.
June 26, 2003, 3:57 PM
Adron
Try reinstalling without uninstalling first. If that doesn't work, try deleting every trace of it and then reinstalling. You could also look at (or show us) a stack trace of the exception you're getting. With some luck it would be possible to connect the exception to some dll or ocx.
June 27, 2003, 2:06 PM
Invincibility
Sure, Feel like posting Vspkg.dll for me :D
also the exact error message when i try to uninstall is...

Setup Is Unable To Open Data File
C:\program files\microsoft visual studio\common\setup\1033\setup.stf

Run setup again from where you originally ran it

Setup Was Unable To Read Configuration Information from the first section of the setup file C:\program files\microsoft visual studio\common\setup\1033\setup.stf

=\~
July 2, 2003, 1:56 AM
Grok
[quote author=Adron link=board=5;threadid=1655;start=0#msg13069 date=1056722792]
Try reinstalling without uninstalling first. If that doesn't work, try deleting every trace of it and then reinstalling. You could also look at (or show us) a stack trace of the exception you're getting. With some luck it would be possible to connect the exception to some dll or ocx.
[/quote]

After uninstalling, run RegClean twice. This should clean up any broken COM references related to Visual Basic. Also delete the Visual Studio and Visual Basic keys in HKLM/Software/Microsoft.
July 2, 2003, 3:02 PM
j0k3r
If all else fails...
format c:\
>:(
July 2, 2003, 3:41 PM
Invincibility
LOL formatting C:\ deletes EVERYTHING.... right?
July 2, 2003, 3:58 PM
Invincibility
After uninstalling, run RegClean twice. This should clean up any broken COM references related to Visual Basic. Also delete the Visual Studio and Visual Basic keys in HKLM/Software/Microsoft.

the whole problem is i CANT uninstall =\
July 2, 2003, 3:58 PM
Yoni
Delete the VB dir
July 5, 2003, 3:05 AM

Search