Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BNLS backup server

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
Any servers up yet since bnls is down? if not i can run one if someone wants to upload all the stuff to one of my servers.
March 27, 2007, 3:40 AM
Drugee
Pro_Tech@europe usually sets one up whenever bnls is down but shuts it down as soon as bnls comes back up. " 84.9.83.222" Does jbls support sc and war2?
March 27, 2007, 10:24 PM
-MichaeL-
i would assume no.
March 27, 2007, 10:26 PM
BreW
[quote author=Denial link=topic=16547.msg167287#msg167287 date=1174966813]
Any servers up yet since bnls is down? if not i can run one if someone wants to upload all the stuff to one of my servers.
[/quote]
That sounds like a great idea...
March 27, 2007, 10:31 PM
HdxBmx27
Ya, thats never gona happen. So quit asking.
For now, do it locally, use JBLS, or shutup. Pretty much your only options.
When Vl goes down, sc/wc2 are dead for the time being.
Most, if not all, of you have a d2/wc3 cdkey, so don't complain.

~Hdx
March 28, 2007, 12:31 AM
Denial
[quote author=Hdx link=topic=16547.msg167326#msg167326 date=1175041872]
Ya, thats never gona happen. So quit asking.
For now, do it locally, use JBLS, or shutup. Pretty much your only options.
When Vl goes down, sc/wc2 are dead for the time being.
Most, if not all, of you have a d2/wc3 cdkey, so don't complain.

~Hdx
[/quote]

Sorry hdx but this wasn't just in reference to you. it was to the whole community of vl.

if you want to put some sort of negative comment towards this thread i would ask you not to reply at all.
March 28, 2007, 3:58 AM
MyStiCaL
Public Thread, If you really wanted to try to get the Offical BNLS server wouldn't you just PM Yoni or Skywing? you already know you wont get it, was a dumbthread to start in with in the first place. host a another JBLS or convert your own. =)
March 28, 2007, 4:09 AM
Baroness
Why doesn't JBLS support check revisions for SC/WAR2?  It would be used more so than BNLS IMO
March 28, 2007, 2:58 PM
MysT_DooM
cause hdx hasnt reversed lockdown
March 28, 2007, 3:00 PM
HdxBmx27
And I am not going to.
Sorry guys JBLS will have to do without Lockdown support until it is released publicly. I just am not experienced enough to reverse it.
I get little bits and pieces, but nothing worth the effort.
As for my previous comment, I made it because you made yourself sound like the 1,000s of other morons I have to deal with on a daily basis.
Almost every day I get at least  3 people asking me to give them the real BNLS applications. Even thought I did not make BNLS!
Hay, if anyone is willing to send me some books on ASM and reverse engineering that they think would help me learn. Please feel free, just PM me.
I'm more then willing to learn, but I just hate reading books on the computer, and I am to poor to afford them >.<
And blindly poking at things only gets you so far.
~Hdx
March 28, 2007, 6:33 PM
Barabajagal
Blake: PDF + Narrator FTW!
March 28, 2007, 8:43 PM
Ersan
I've just had mine set on bnls.dementedminds.net - it seems to work.  I only use it to reconnect like once a month though...  It uses a CRDB if I recall correctly.
March 28, 2007, 8:50 PM
HdxBmx27
demented minds is just a redirect to BNLS.
Ping it for yourself!
~Hdx
March 28, 2007, 8:55 PM
Ersan
I think he changes it when BNLS goes down to ringo's server or crappy dialup home pc or whatever, I don't think BNLS is down, or even was when this was posted...
March 28, 2007, 8:57 PM
Denial
Enough said please trash this thread.
March 28, 2007, 9:48 PM
LockesRabb
[quote author=Ersan link=topic=16547.msg167385#msg167385 date=1175115437]
I think he changes it when BNLS goes down to ringo's server or crappy dialup home pc or whatever, I don't think BNLS is down, or even was when this was posted...
[/quote]

BNLS.DementedMinds.net is a redirector. When BNLS goes down, I have it redirect to the next available service that offers the best compatibility at the time, such as Ringo's server (although Ringo no longer hosts it, last I heard, Ringo was transferring his data to Hdx -- whatever happened to that?), and Hdx's JBLS server. BNLS.DementedMinds.net by default redirects to BNLS until BNLS goes down, then it starts redirecting. As soon as BNLS comes back up, it resumes redirecting to BNLS.

I set up BNLS.DementedMinds.net so people could use it and not worry about having to update the BNLS address everytime a server went down, since BNLS.DementedMinds.net would already be updated to redirect elsewhere until BNLS was restored.

Speaking of which, I noticed JBLS.org was down, Hdx. Would it be fair to assume you're updating JBLS? Any plans on updating JBLS to use Ringo's data, that is, if he has sent it to you yet?
March 30, 2007, 6:54 PM
HdxBmx27
No im not updating the servers right now.
I'm still working on ym next release of JBLS.
It was down because I don't have access to add any services or startup scripts on the server it is hosted on.
And the server went down sometime during the week.
I was out of town at my bro's for spring break, so I had no clue.
Its up now (Just had to run a batch file that logged into ssh and ran a command)
BUT I am going to take a show and pass out.
We went camping and I have so much mud on me I look like a nig... Black guy. >.>
As for Ringo's cache data. JBLS has it. I jsut never bothered to upload the data to the server cuz its moot now it dosent have all the data.
~Hdx
March 31, 2007, 3:05 AM
Baroness
Is anyone currently working on the lockdown for JBLS?  If so, I would be more than happy to jump in on the project and help.  I simply do not want to do it by myself.
April 10, 2007, 12:01 PM
Ersan
Your time would be better spent on the problem in general, not how it affects JBLS...
April 10, 2007, 8:50 PM
Baroness
[quote author=Ersan link=topic=16547.msg167794#msg167794 date=1176238200]
Your time would be better spent on the problem in general, not how it affects JBLS...
[/quote]

Was just offering help to a problem that people would surely love as an EXACT alternative to BNLS.  When BNLS is down.

*Shrug*
April 11, 2007, 4:31 AM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=Baroness link=topic=16547.msg167798#msg167798 date=1176265897]
[/quote]

Was just offering help to a problem that people would surely love as an EXACT alternative to BNLS.  When BNLS is down.

*Shrug*
[/quote]

Are you an expert in assembly?
April 11, 2007, 4:33 AM
Baroness
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=16547.msg167799#msg167799 date=1176265981]
[quote author=Baroness link=topic=16547.msg167798#msg167798 date=1176265897]
[/quote]

*Shrug*
[/quote]

Are you an expert in assembly?
[/quote]

No, but doesn't mean I can't learn.
April 11, 2007, 6:14 AM
LockesRabb
For one, I've been monitoring both BNLS and JBLS, and from what it seems so far, JBLS has the same reliability ratio as BNLS. What I'm basically saying is JBLS has the same problems of being down as much as BNLS does. The most frequent I've seen from JBLS is last week. That was particularly bad. I'll probably code in some stuff so my script will keep track of both servers' uptimes so I can give a more accurate reliability ratio.

As Ersan has said, your time would be best put to use to reversing lockdown, and not worry about JBLS in particular. In fact, if you released a method for how to best generate the lockdown checksum, you can rest assured Hdx would immediately implement it without waiting for you to contact him.

Secondly, if you're not an expert in assembly, then the chances of your successfully reversing lockdown is slim to none at this point of time.

However if you're determined to learn assembly, then who's to say that you wouldn't be able to eventually reverse it? Baroness, I'd strongly recommend you not worry about lockdown right now and just focus on learning assembly. When you've mastered it, you can then get cracking on reversing lockdown. People here at the forums usually prefer working with someone who is experienced, so I would think it'd be a fair assumption that you'll have rough luck in locating a proficient partner in reversing lockdown.

Good luck.
April 11, 2007, 6:24 AM
HdxBmx27
Sorry about last week.
Fapiko was switching hosts and it took a LONG time.
If you would of noticed, my server was up still ;)
As for lockdown, I've dang near given up on it.
I know some people who are working on it. And making progression. But its not going fast.
And school has gotten in the way so, I cant do shit for the next 2 months till school ends. After that I MAY work on it.
Doubt it tho.
~Hdx
April 11, 2007, 6:31 AM
LockesRabb
Yeah, I noticed it had stabilized the last few times I glanced at my script. I was watching it lately waiting for it to suddenly go down again. My script checks JBLS.org hourly. While my script monitors JBLS regularly, I don't monitor my script regularly. :p

I also noticed Asia was having downtime problems last week too. Europe also went down once. USEast and USWest maintained good uptime last week. But like I said, I wasn't monitoring the script 24/7. I probably will code it so the script will keep track of the uptimes for all of the servers.

As for lockdown, it's no big deal. BNLS is good enough to get past lockdown for now anyhow.
April 11, 2007, 6:38 AM
Barabajagal
Kyro, don't forget about hdx.jbls.org!
April 11, 2007, 7:01 AM
Baroness
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16547.msg167810#msg167810 date=1176272675]
For one, I've been monitoring both BNLS and JBLS, and from what it seems so far, JBLS has the same reliability ratio as BNLS. What I'm basically saying is JBLS has the same problems of being down as much as BNLS does. The most frequent I've seen from JBLS is last week. That was particularly bad. I'll probably code in some stuff so my script will keep track of both servers' uptimes so I can give a more accurate reliability ratio.

As Ersan has said, your time would be best put to use to reversing lockdown, and not worry about JBLS in particular. In fact, if you released a method for how to best generate the lockdown checksum, you can rest assured Hdx would immediately implement it without waiting for you to contact him.

Secondly, if you're not an expert in assembly, then the chances of your successfully reversing lockdown is slim to none at this point of time.

However if you're determined to learn assembly, then who's to say that you wouldn't be able to eventually reverse it? Baroness, I'd strongly recommend you not worry about lockdown right now and just focus on learning assembly. When you've mastered it, you can then get cracking on reversing lockdown. People here at the forums usually prefer working with someone who is experienced, so I would think it'd be a fair assumption that you'll have rough luck in locating a proficient partner in reversing lockdown.

Good luck.
[/quote]

Yea that's what I decided earlier but didn't make a post about it.  I'm going to get some books on assembly and just learn it before I even attempt at it.  Otherwise, you're right, I won't go anywhere with it.
April 11, 2007, 8:46 AM
Barabajagal
I'm working on a little helpful server... It works like a JBLS/BNLS server sort of. It accepts requests the same anyway. It checks my cache database for values, then connects to JBLS/BNLS. I'm working on making it "smart" if the cache fails, so that it will work as often as possible. Also, values are added to the cache if not listed, so the chances of it working when there are no other servers to connect to is higher. The current version is running on my crappy Compaq server thing I got out of a dumpster. You can connect to it at [s]RRLS.No-IP.org[/s] ls.realityripple.com (Port 9367).

It passes everything except 0x1A off to JBLS, and it runs 0x1A through a few things (checks my DB [which will allow D1 connection], checks JBLS and BNLS). It'll work better when I have more time for it. Try it out if you want.
April 11, 2007, 9:00 AM
MyStiCaL
bnls still doesn't support w3?
April 13, 2007, 9:19 AM
Hell-Lord
Nope Hdx.Jbls.org and Andy's server both do though.
April 13, 2007, 12:16 PM
Barabajagal
Also, I've noticed BNLS gives the wrong D2 values...
April 13, 2007, 7:22 PM
HdxBmx27
No.. It works fine for D2, its just they haven't patched it for WC3 yet due to patch format change (It crashed it when UL tried)
~Hdx
April 13, 2007, 7:38 PM
Barabajagal
[s]I don't know, I think I'm IPBanned from BNLS right now, or the server's down again, so I'll figure out what's up with that later.[/s] I must have been mistaken... I got bad data from some server, I just don't know which. I added "Local Hashing" using BNLib for d2 and war3 to my server, so those won't have to check my db or JBLS/BNLS, making them a bit faster.
April 13, 2007, 8:35 PM
moh.vze.com
Pro_Tech is a scammer and trojans people. Don't trust his servers!
He collects your CD keys and sells them to noobs on bnet!
May 16, 2007, 6:37 PM
-MichaeL-
[quote author=moh.vze.com link=topic=16547.msg169122#msg169122 date=1179340640]
[/quote]
Wow, you just figured that out now?
May 23, 2007, 3:11 PM
MyStiCaL
and we care why? if ur newb enough to get trojaned by a newb i don't think u should be here =D
May 23, 2007, 9:18 PM
BreW
[quote author=moh.vze.com link=topic=16547.msg169122#msg169122 date=1179340640]
[/quote]
how could sending a bnls checkrevision packet be used to scam/collect cdkeys..
May 25, 2007, 4:48 PM
dlStevens
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think he was referring to sending the CD-Key values....
May 25, 2007, 7:06 PM

Search